kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Be realistic guys, people will only recognize the end game WW crown when it pass over $2,787,965,087.

There is only one target for end game to claim worldwide champion. initial run or re-release run is irrelevant.   

Agreed 

15 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Be realistic guys, people will only recognize the end game WW crown when it pass over $2,787,965,087.

There is only one target for end game to claim worldwide champion. initial run or re-release run is irrelevant.   

It’s getting there on its first run. Here is what I think:

The narrative has been set so hard on Endgame topping Avatar - literally common folk that don't even follow films at all are talking about it - that they will make sure it happens. It doesn't take as much as people here seem to think:

$1.295B OS-C, C $628m, $866m Dom, equals to $2.789B WW.

It will barely beat it, fueling the narrative that Avatar is to Endgame what Thanos was to the Avengers. And I see domestic left overs carrying that charge. Avatar will always have the adjusted numbers and the possibility of a re-release looming. It is good for both Endgame and Avatar - both owned by Disney - that this happens.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Agreed 

I know we all want, or at least most of us box office nuts want old movies to be replaced by new ones... but wont it be crazy if 2 films have 2.77b neck and neck, that they both are geek films, that they last ~3h, that they start with an Av  and that they are owned by the same studio? endgame proves what an unprecedented run avatar had... lets see what this summer brings TTVOMJ

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Anyone who wants EG to win should consider one more watch, it’s probably the last time to see OG6 together...

I have 9 viewings. My record is 12 viewings with Civil War, followed by 10 viewings of Infinity War. I’m definitely pumping this for at least 15th before the run is done.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I have 9 viewings. My record is 12 viewings with Civil War, followed by 10 viewings of Infinity War. I’m definitely pumping this for at least 15th before the run is done.

The most times I've ever seen a film in the cinema is twice. I'd never watch a film 3 times at the cinema. That's way too much. But 12? That is insane.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JimiQ said:

Anyone who wants EG to win should consider one more watch, it’s probably the last time to see OG6 together...

I dont see that helping. Fanbase will see it multiple times. You need to tap into people who otherwise wont see these movies. It already did in 1st 2 weeks.

Even if 1000 folks here watch it dozen more times its peanuts.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Quigley said:

The most times I've ever seen a film in the cinema is twice. I'd never watch a film 3 times at the cinema. That's way too much. But 12? That is insane.

What can I say, all of these times was with a different group of friends in the course of two months. Endgame was absolutely insane because was  in the course of the first weekend and the last screening was in a Monday.

i don’t think people understand the magnitude of what Endgame and the MCU has become: our after party in the Saturday was an open bar event Avengers themed. It was crowded with people with cosplays and t-shirts, and I honestly doubt most of them were even much of film nerds. Endgame is the culmination of a culture phenomena that got even bigger than Star Wars, with no signs of slowing down whatsoever. 

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 2

Seeing people twerking and losing their shit to this funk remix of the Avengers theme was one of the most surreal experiences I had my entire life:

It’s not just the films, it’s the whole package. The Marvel Cinematic Universe has transcended geek culture and it’s truly popular culture beyond simply "pop" culture, imho.

Edited by ZattMurdock

For now they only updated Friday at BOM, OS ist still per 15 May. Estimates for OS usually Sunday, finals during Monday, if Monday is no public holiday

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $748,765,870    29.5%
Foreign:  $1,793,400,000    70.5%

Worldwide:  $2,542,165,870

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

For now they only updated Friday at BOM, OS ist still per 15 May. Estimates for OS usually Sunday, finals during Monday, if Monday is no public holiday

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $748,765,870    29.5%
Foreign:  $1,793,400,000    70.5%

Worldwide:  $2,542,165,870

Do you think it can go over $2.750B ??

5 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

It’s getting there on its first run. Here is what I think:

The narrative has been set so hard on Endgame topping Avatar - literally common folk that don't even follow films at all are talking about it - that they will make sure it happens. It doesn't take as much as people here seem to think:

$1.295B OS-C, C $628m, $866m Dom, equals to $2.789B WW.

It will barely beat it, fueling the narrative that Avatar is to Endgame what Thanos was to the Avengers. And I see domestic left overs carrying that charge. Avatar will always have the adjusted numbers and the possibility of a re-release looming. It is good for both Endgame and Avatar - both owned by Disney - that this happens.

$866 million domestic isn't happening though. $850 million is the ceiling. $835 million isn't out of the question as the floor.

Edited by svetlana99