kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

23 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It fell on Thursday. Say if it match MD week of A:IW, it will still fall harsher than A:IW in next two weeks due to Godzilla and Dark Phoenix.

And then there is Toy Should 4, that can be argued with Incredibles 2 and by that time, film be at level where it hardly matters.

Dark Phoenix might come in around Ocean 8 numbers. TS4 isn't going to open anywhere near as big as I2 and AIW then dealt with JW:FK.

$60k lower Thur is pretty inconsequential.  It was $400k lower than AIW  the Wed before last. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah I don't see how Endgame will be more affected by competition was than Infinity War considering Incredibles 2 and Fallen Kingdom combine for over $1B DOM. But best for now to put the Avatar dream away until the hopefully Labor Day Expansion when Disney might be inclined to fudge lol

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Dark Phoenix might come in around Ocean 8 numbers. TS4 isn't going to open anywhere near as big as I2 and AIW then dealt with JW:FK.

$60k lower Thur is pretty inconsequential.  It was $400k lower than AIW  the Wed before last. 

Its not about the competition grossing big numbers only. The new releases get the screens. That's more impacting.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Its not about the competition grossing big numbers only. The new releases get the screens. That's more impacting.

IIRC theaters are contractually obligated to keep wide releases playing for at least 2 weeks before they can drop them. Thus, even if EVERY upcoming wide release bombs this summer, they are still taking away screens in ~4000+ theaters. This effect is even greater overseas since there are local films to compete with as well.

Just now, AndyChrono said:

IIRC theaters are contractually obligated to keep wide releases playing for at least 2 weeks before they can drop them. Thus, even if EVERY upcoming wide release bombs this summer, they are still taking away screens in ~4000+ theaters. This effect is even greater overseas since there are local films to compete with as well.

Yes. Infinity War droped just 21% in 6th weekend in absense of any new release internationally. With Godzilla, it will be lucky to have 50% drop.

And then there's Dark Phoenix & SLOP2 next weekend. Toy Story after that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Unless some miracle expansion or stabilising. Avatar is dead.

It was a nice dream, for however long it lasted.

Excellent news thanks Charlie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 6
  • Knock It Off 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Unless some miracle expansion or stabilising. Avatar is dead.

It was a nice dream, for however long it lasted.

why are you talking like an expansion will be miracle ? lol its not certain but the chances for push are very high

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

because I have it at 20mn short. Hard for an expansion to do that much.

with labor day alone could give as much as 10 million for dom, why os coulnt give 10 mill too ? anyway the closer it is the better, even though i have yet to understand why you took away 20 million from dom as it was playing like your predictions

Edited by john2000

14 minutes ago, john2000 said:

with labor day alone could give as much as 10 million for dom, why os coulnt give 10 mill too ? anyway the closer it is the better, even though i have yet to understand why you took away 20 million from dom as it was playing like your predictions

Because OS already had its Labor Day boost. First Monday of September is Labor Day here in the US, but many major countries overseas (like China) have May 1st as Labor Day. That's why EG's first set of weekdays Overseas was so unbelievably strong, because it was holiday boosted. Thus, a Labor Day expansion in late August would only be domestic. It will be completely out of OS markets by that time.

Edited by AndyChrono
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AndyChrono said:

Because OS already had its Labor Day boost. First Monday of September is Labor Day here in the US, but many major countries overseas (like China) have May 1st as Labor Day. That's why EG's first set of weekdays Overseas was so unbelievably strong, because it was holiday boosted. Thus, a Labor Day expansion in late August would only be domestic. It will be completely out of OS markets by that time.

i am talking about a help/push os, i dont see why disney wouldnt try something if it falls 10 million short, anyway the closer it gets the better let it hit 2.7 bill first

Edited by john2000

23 minutes ago, AndyChrono said:

Even if it's not labor day overseas, an expansion anywhere will yield $ anywhere regardless of the weekend in question. By definition. And Marvel can always announce they're slapping a tag on after the credits when they expand it if they want to clinch the record that badly. 

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Excellent news thanks Charlie.

How do i block/ignore someone who wasnt even a sperm when terminator got released and is now ruining great jim cameron for me each time i see this lonely boy's intentions? I am on my phone, not desktop mods... so help me out please 😕

TTVOMJ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Unless you have access to some kind of data I’m unaware of regarding the difference between IW and EG when it comes to the next releases, I don’t see how EG can be impacted harder than IW going forward. I think it’s too soon to push the panic button or call it quits, haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

How do i block/ignore someone who wasnt even a sperm when terminator got released and is now ruining great jim cameron for me each time i see this lonely boy's intentions? I am on my phone, not desktop mods... so help me out please 😕

TTVOMJ

Avery don't block me I love you

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

52 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

Ok.. but only if you stop jake and neytiri from spazzing in your profile pic... i cant... i just cant anymore... they will creep into my dreams soon

TTVOMJ

Thats what true love looks like Avery

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1