kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Unless you have access to some kind of data I’m unaware of regarding the difference between IW and EG when it comes to the next releases, I don’t see how EG can be impacted harder than IW going forward. I think it’s too soon to push the panic button or call it quits, haha

Zatt you truly will go down with the ship won't you? Respect for not losing composure after low numbers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2

28 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Zatt you truly will go down with the ship won't you? Respect for not losing composure after low numbers.

can you just stop for one time ? go to your fucking avatar thread a people can believe what he wants for the first time respect that and stop

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, john2000 said:

can you just stop for one time ? go to your fucking avatar thread a people can believe what he wants for the first time respect that and stop

Hmm my post frequency is actually quite low, I generally do keep to the Avatar thread.

I think youre overreacting personally but hey I'll post in here again next week, hope you cooled down by then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

I just don't ignore this sh*t to report his posts and wait if for once someone threadban him from most of noncameron threads, it's annoying and never add anything relevant to the discussion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • ...wtf 1

hubris
/ˈhjuːbrɪs/
noun
  1. excessive pride or self-confidence.
    "the self-assured hubris among economists was shaken in the late 1980s"
    synonyms: arrogance, conceit, conceitedness, haughtiness, pride, vanity, self-importance, self-conceit, pomposity, superciliousness, feeling of superiority; More
    • (in Greek tragedy) excessive pride towards or defiance of the gods, leading to nemesis.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Hmm my post frequency is actually quite low, I generally do keep to the Avatar thread.

I think youre overreacting personally but hey I'll post in here again next week, hope you cooled down by then.

you only come here to be ironic to people, you dont add anything here

, i dont care how many post you do here  but if you only comment bc you want to be ironic then ....... , oh and i dont cooled donw by idiocy

Edited by john2000
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 2

19 minutes ago, lor15 said:

I just don't ignore this sh*t to report his posts and wait if for once someone threadban him from most of noncameron threads, it's annoying and never add anything relevant to the discussion

He absolutely should be banned a lot more than he is. Close to Shivampa level.

Even if it seems unlocked

I am sure EG will pass avatar.

Disney will benefit so much from this.

A new movie every 2 or 3 years that can beat the previous record is something great for box office.

Edited by Moses
  • Like 6

My thought on will Disney pushed avatar down to WW champion:

No.

There won't be any financial incentive for them to push the number if the number aren't that close to Avatar in the end(about 20m less from AVatar).

Unlike fudging the number to 100m or 200m threshold domestically, there is no financial reward for them to do that. The gesture will be completely seen as more like a fan-services. 

With now Avatar under Disney, they will have to decide which franchise,  AVATAR or MCU needs the worldwide champion title more than the other?

Obviously, with more than a decade gap, Avatar 2 (If ever released) will be in need of the crown more than MCU franchise. With or without Endgame WW crown, MCU will do well but not necessarily for Avatar .

It will be a great marketing angle if Avatar stay on top at num1 worldwide for Disney to develop avatar into another cash-grabbing universe.   

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

No.

There won't be any financial incentive for them to push the number if the number aren't that close to Avatar in the end(about 20m less from AVatar).

Unlike fudging the number to 100m or 200m threshold domestically, there is no financial reward for them to do that. The gesture will be completely seen as more like a fan-services. 

With now Avatar under Disney, they will have to decide which franchise,  AVATAR or MCU needs the worldwide champion title more than the other?

Obviously, with more than a decade gap, Avatar 2 (If ever released) will be in need of the crown more than MCU franchise. With or without Endgame WW crown, MCU will do well but not necessarily for Avatar .

It will be a great marketing angle if Avatar stay on top at num1 worldwide for Disney to develop avatar into another cash-grabbing universe.   

I really dont understand why such well written and articulated post is missing the fact that disney CAN have their cake and it it too?.. after eventual endgame ww n1 disney can and should re release avatar to reclaim the crown(this should happen a year or more from now when everyone and their parents forgot about endgame)...

TTVOMJ

• Like 1

6 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

No.

I don't really agree, there is definitely incentive for them to push it.

Beyond just the headlines it will make when it takes the crown, they can tout it as the number 1 movie world wide when it premieres on Disney + later this year. 

I don't see why they wouldn't push it if it comes within 20-30 million. 

A Labour Day expansion will get it halfway there, with the rest from world wide expansions. It would be an easy win for them.

• Like 1

The big question isn't whether Avatar keeps or loses #1. the big question is can Jim get 3 billie? He was the first to break 1 billie and first to break 2 billie. I pegged EG to break 3 billie but that didn't happen (WHY?????????? WWW? Record OW. Record China. The heck?). so who will break 3 billie? with 2 movies finishing in 2.7 billie range (Avatar and EG), 3 billie is around the corner. believe!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

The big question isn't whether Avatar keeps or loses #1. the big question is can Jim get 3 billie? He was the first to break 1 billie and first to break 2 billie. I pegged EG to break 3 billie but that didn't happen (WHY?????????? WWW? Record OW. Record China. The heck?). so who will break 3 billie? with 2 movies finishing in 2.7 billie range (Avatar and EG), 3 billie is around the corner. believe!

3 billions require avatar performance in Europe and Japan plus EG performance in other markets.

3 billion is not right around the corner haha. In fact, 2 billion is still out of reach for non Disney films (Avatar now being part of Disney). Strip away the Cameron films (the performance of which is so anamlous I would write them off completely if Cameron hadnt made magic happen twice), Star Wars films (the franchise is the king of box office royalty, the ridiculous degree of intergenerational nostalgia makes the first film of the rebooted trilogy huge but then decreases, unlikely 9 will come close to 7) and the MCU films (which are as big as franchise filmmaking gets today) and you realize that Disney is making it SEEM like 3 billion might be around the corner, when in actuality I think it will take years for a non Disney film to hit 2 billion, and it will take a while for the Disney films to hit AEG heights.

So to recap, a non Disney film hitting 2bn is most likely years away. Just because MCU movies smash the 1bn and 2bn barrier like its nothing does not mean they are easy barriers to break. In terms of 3bn potential, after its opening weekend AEG certainly had it, and if ER wasnt so ridiculously depressed around the globe and if AEG had gotten luckier with its release date and competition (a slate like TFA had for example) 3bn may really have been in the cards.

I love MCU and SW films for the simple fact that their box office runs are absurd, but both franchises will likely take years before getting to the 3bn mark. 3bn is obscene, and unless Avatar hits it in 2021, it will take a long, long time

EDIT: Dont let the insane overperformance of AEG fool you. Seriously just take out the Cameron films as well as SW and MCU and look at the top all time movies worldwide. Absent those juggernauts, movies are further away from 2bn than non Titanic films were from 1bn 20 years ago. With a new normal of low inflation and market growth plateauing globally, we have a long ways to go

Edited by Justin4125
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, Justin4125 said:

3 billion is not right around the corner haha. In fact, 2 billion is still out of reach for non Disney films (Avatar now being part of Disney). Strip away the Cameron films (the performance of which is so anamlous I would write them off completely if Cameron hadnt made magic happen twice), Star Wars films (the franchise is the king of box office royalty, the ridiculous degree of intergenerational nostalgia makes the first film of the rebooted trilogy huge but then decreases, unlikely 9 will come close to 7) and the MCU films (which are as big as franchise filmmaking gets today) and you realize that Disney is making it SEEM like 3 billion might be around the corner, when in actuality I think it will take years for a non Disney film to hit 2 billion, and it will take a while for the Disney films to hit AEG heights.

So to recap, a non Disney film hitting 2bn is most likely years away. Just because MCU movies smash the 1bn and 2bn barrier like its nothing does not mean they are easy barriers to break. In terms of 3bn potential, after its opening weekend AEG certainly had it, and if ER wasnt so ridiculously depressed around the globe and if AEG had gotten luckier with its release date and competition (a slate like TFA had for example) 3bn may really have been in the cards.

I love MCU and SW films for the simple fact that their box office runs are absurd, but both franchises will likely take years before getting to the 3bn mark. 3bn is obscene, and unless Avatar hits it in 2021, it will take a long, long time

How much would EG have done with avatar ER?