kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

54 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I want that level of optimism because that won't be happening, if that actually would happen than there wouldn't be any discussion about the WW crown.

sorry, mate, was off the grid for long so my boxoffice math fails me. you are right, it's a fight for WW crown only cause OS over Avatar would put it in comfortable lead. well, crown's crown. One kingdom instead of 3 is better than no kingdom.:)

• Like 1

The inflation talk is quite moot when you realise that EG is making 30% more than next highest-grossing film of decade (TFA) and 61% more than fourth highest grossing film of decade (JW). And probably twice the next h-grossing film of the year

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

The inflation talk is quite moot when you realise that EG is making 30% more than next highest-grossing film of decade (TFA) and 61% more than fourth highest grossing film of decade (JW). And probably twice the next h-grossing film of the year

But -1% of the highest grossing film of the last 10 years

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Though Is it?

I don't even call for exchange rate adjustment of overseas, Canada inflation adjustion itself will take Endgame over Avatar.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You said you will be back next week? This seems quite more common than that and makes you a liar at least... what are your contributions except trying to seed negativity? Where does that need come from i do not know, but it isnt well intentioned and that is enough for me and lot of people here..Now seriously.. asking anyone.. how do you block someone when using this site on phone?

TTVOMJ

• Like 1

Global total film market in 2009: $29.4B USD  Avatar gross: $2.787B

Global total film market in 2019: $41.1B USD+ (using 2018 number here) (+40%)    Endgame gross: ~$2.76B?

To blatantly claim that the latter is more impressive than former take significant mental gymnastics, which you would not typically expect in a website where most people are actually knowledgeable about box office. But then again, fanboy goggles are more powerful than logic itself. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

You said you will be back next week? This seems quite more common than that and makes you a liar at least... what are your contributions except trying to seed negativity? Where does that need come from i do not know, but it isnt well intentioned and that is enough for me and lot of people here..Now seriously.. asking anyone.. how do you block someone when using this site on phone?

TTVOMJ

I was planning on that but Charlie @'t me... I agree though I'm going to leave - people seem quite uptight around these parts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Global total film market in 2019: $41.1B USD+ (using 2018 number here) (+40%)    Endgame gross: ~$2.76B?

To blatantly claim that the latter is more impressive than former take significant mental gymnastics, which you would not typically expect in a website where most people are actually knowledgeable about box office. But then again, fanboy goggles are more powerful than logic itself. 

you are talking about fanboys ? you are as much IDIOT AS THEY ARE, GROW UP KIDDOS IF YOU WANT TO HAVE YOUR LITTLE BULLSHIT FANBOY WAR GO ELSEWHERE

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Now, how many movies were released globally in 2009 and will be this year?

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

I was planning on that but Charlie @'t me... I agree though I'm going to leave - people seem quite uptight around these parts.

we are just allergic to idiots who want to start fanboy war, ( you could also sent a message to charlie but it seems that you want the attenntion )

• Like 1

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

we are just allergic to idiots who want to start fanboy war, ( you could also sent a message to charlie but it seems that you want the attenntion )

my inbox is full from hatemail so I couldn't message him, it's sad really!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

you are talking about fanboys ? you are as much IDIOT AS THEY ARE, GROW UP KIDDOS IF YOU WANT TO HAVE YOUR LITTLE BULLSHIT FANBOY WAR GO ELSEWHERE

That's hilarious because I don't recall starting a single fanboy war, I'm merely defending the highest grossing film of all time, which I happen to love, by reference world film market in a box office discussion community, join a ongoing discussion that's been started by other people in the last few pages. :ph34r:

• Like 3

Just now, NCsoft said:

That's hilarious because I don't recall starting a single fanboy war, I'm merely defending the highest grossing film of all time, which I happen to love, by reference world film market in a box office discussion community, join a ongoing discussion that's been started by other people in the last few pages. :ph34r:

.... you dont started it but you make it continue

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

my inbox is full from hatemail so I couldn't message him, it's sad really!

i wonder why ??  oh wait bc you do this in every fucking thread and that annoys people, its funny that you dont like our behaviour towards you but you were the one that created it

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

This argument will hold true, if Avatar acted as a normal film of 2009.

If it had $7.5 ATP in USA and grossed $540mn in USA. The growth in global market, sans China has come from inflation but in majority countries Avatar is yet to reach the current inflation, case in study most of Europe, Korea, Japan, etc.

Yes, the only thing that is in benefit of Avatar is growth in China. It is idiocy if someone thinks that Avatar will do 3x of FF8 like Avatar did of 2012. This is not how things work.

But this benefit is cancelled out with exchange rate and 3D counter point.

To sum it all, Avatar has roughly 75% of Endgame admissions worldwide, and movie going is on decline in majority of nation, including US.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Wtf man? You seem perfectly composed now... why the bipolarity or victimhood now? Not like we WANT to bully you.. its just ridiculously irritating when there is nothing that suggests you jest? And you are adamant in your quest.. like you are the only jim c fan? I got into prague film school by making a text regarding him... not like avatar wont reclaim the crown in a year even if endgame reaches it... noone seems to deny your witt so you should probably imagine changing that trolling method... othwerwise people will want to block you as i do 

TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Typos
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Now, how many movies were released globally in 2009 and will be this year?

That is an argument that you can make to justify how films today might not do as impressively as Titanic or Avatar, that's kind of like arguing how internet piracy is not rampant during Titanic's run, valid statement, but ultimately, not really useful in assessing how impressive a run is. The argument is actually more useful in explaining the run rather than belittling it. 

The truth will remain that with global inflation + market expansion, the global market in USD is 40% bigger in 2018 than it was in 2009, and a film making slightly less in 2019 than a film released in 2009 is not more impressive. Impressive? certainly is, but not more impressive than Avatar.

I also find it curious that such an argument was never made to justify Avatar>Titanic. I could use the same argument: There are less film released in 1997, less piracy and lack of social media/personal Internet in 1997, therefore Avatar's run is more impressive than Titanic... No it's not.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 2