kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

EG edging out Avatar WW should not give anyone headache. It's been 10 years since Avatar was #1 so it's natural that something would pass it. And it hasn't been #1 dom since TFA win in 2015 so relinquishing #1 WW should not be as big a blow. It still keeps OS crown which is something. Once again, it's the last movie to have won all 3 crowns. everything else won only 1 and OS is still Avatar's. 

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I honestly don't even know what you're reffering to?

Well , you seem can't accept the admission data ( rough estimate ) from Charlie which points out that EG already beat Avatar -> admission wise ofc.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:
Spoiler

Did you ask other than US/China. I only deducted China.

Rough numbers

US 85 (at Mojo it will be 92mn Approx, I am taking 85)

China 86

Mexico 25

India 23

Brazil 20

South Korea 14

Indonesia 11

Russia 11

UK 11

These are 286mn for $2.02 Billion. Australia, Germany, France, Italy, Japan account for $270mn Appprox & 28-30mn. The rest $500mn will be 70-80mn easily as big chunk is from Latin America, Asia and Africa where ATP is as low as $3-5.

I'm not the one who asked the original question (@Jiffy did) but the person said "excluding US/Ch". You probably missed that and that's why your numbers were off. So the 300m is actually excluding China only? Yep that makes more sense, and your breakdown is very useful, thank you!

19 minutes ago, john2000 said:

........... you are butthurt as fuck, if you want you can do it yourself not everyone is like you

Dude, calm down. You seem to be doing exactly what you are accusing others of doing. Stop trying to police this thread like it's your personal property. Some of us are actually having  discussion here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Agafin said:

I'm not the one who asked the original question (@Jiffy did) but the person said "excluding US/Ch". You probably missed that and that's why your numbers were off. So the 300m is actually excluding China only? Yep that makes more sense, and your breakdown is very useful, thank you!

Dude, calm down. You seem to be doing exactly what you are accusing others of doing. Stop trying to police this thread like it's your personal property. Some of us are actually having  discussion here.

i am not the only one who is talking like that to him

@Charlie Jatinder

I think you are also  underestimating Avatar's admissions by 20-30m.  Your 250m WW-Ch estimate would mean ~286m WW (since the movie sold 36m tickets in China). But if I try to do the same breakdown as you, I get 180m in the first set of countries (though I have no idea what the indonesian number for Avatar is) and about 50m in the second set (all those countries have admissions data except for Australia where there is only an estimate of about 8m). That leaves about $600m. Giving Avatar a 20% higher ticket price than EG in that $600m (since it played better in Europe where ticket prices are higher), I get the same 70-80m. Adding all of that gives me 300-310m for Avatar.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Agafin said:

@Charlie Jatinder

I think you are also  underestimating Avatar's admissions by 20-30m.  Your 250m WW-Ch estimate would mean ~286m WW (since the movie sold 36m tickets in China). But if I try to do the same breakdown as you, I get 180m in the first set of countries (though I have no idea what the indonesian number for Avatar is) and about 50m in the second set (all those countries have admissions data except for Australia where there is only an estimate of about 8m). That leaves about $600m. Giving Avatar a 20% higher ticket price than EG in that $600m (since it played better in Europe where ticket prices are higher), I get the same 70-80m. Adding all of that gives me 300-310m for Avatar.

Avatar number could be 280-300. I mean the number I posted are estimates. Besides I took USA 75mn and Europe numbers (whole Europe) from a post in this thread few days back.

Anyways, I will be doing a post with actuals once Endgame is almost at closing in June end comparing all 5 $2 Billion films.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3

The Big 5 of Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia)

Avatar - $663mn (57mn admissions) • $11.6 ATP

Endgame - $221mn (30mn admissions) • $7.4 ATP

UK admissions data isn't available, but going by Avatar ATP in these 5 countries compared to 2010 ATP of the country, Avatar was 45% more than usual in Germany. Endgame is 15% more than usual of 2019.

Avatar UK: 11mn admissions ($145mn) • $13 ATP

Endgame: 11mn Approx final. ($125mn) • $11.5 ATP

This adds up to

Endgame - $337mn (41mn admits)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The Big 5 of Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia)

Avatar - $663mn (57mn admissions) • $11.6 ATP

Endgame - $221mn (30mn admissions) • $7.4 ATP

UK admissions data isn't available, but going by Avatar ATP in these 5 countries compared to 2010 ATP of the country, Avatar was 45% more than usual in Germany. Endgame is 15% more than usual of 2019.

Avatar UK: 11mn admissions ($145mn) • $13 ATP

Endgame: 11mn Approx final. ($125mn) • $11.5 ATP

This adds up to

Endgame - $337mn (41mn admits)

According to Lumiere Avatar sold 16,514,063 admissions in UK. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

It would make sense since it sold almost 11m in Germany and Germany is less of a cinema going country relatively to its number of citizens (for example 14m tickets for Avatar in France).

Then again in US$ it made less in UK than in Germany. I don't know what the average ticket price was in UK...

Edited by Elessar

46 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

That is what normal ATP of 2009 and 2010 gives. Not Actuals.

2009: gbp 32.81/ 5.44 ~ 6.03mn

2010: gbp 61.8/ 5.9 ~ 10.48mn

• Like 2

1 hour ago, efialtes76 said:

So another case of Charlie making up numbers and low balling Avatar? What a surprise. :Gaga:

It's seriously sad if EG doesn't beat A. I guess the Jim Gang will have to bear the burden of being #1 a while longer if that's the case. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

24 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

So another case of Charlie making up numbers and low balling Avatar? What a surprise. :Gaga:

It's seriously sad if EG doesn't beat A. I guess the Jim Gang will have to bear the burden of being #1 a while longer if that's the case. 

Did you just pretend not reading the above post, on why the numbers of Lumiere means nothing. :kitschjob:

• Like 6

I think the total admissions in developing countries will make sure EG can balance or even surpass the disadvantage that EG has from Avatar in Europe , Australia , Japan and others. 

Here's my country's example: 

Check out @bicaraboxoffice’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/bicaraboxoffice/status/1080001684829462528?s=09

That was the 2018 all time admissions. Avatar doesn't make it and Going by that the lowest is 3.951M admissions. Let's say Avatar miss it very slightly with 3.95M. EG has 11M and that's already 7M advantage from my country alone. And you can add another countries like Malaysia , Singapore , Thailand , Phillipines and the rest of LA where EG became the 1st movie ever in the region despite the ER.

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

EG edging out Avatar WW should not give anyone headache. It's been 10 years since Avatar was #1 so it's natural that something would pass it. And it hasn't been #1 dom since TFA win in 2015 so relinquishing #1 WW should not be as big a blow. It still keeps OS crown which is something. Once again, it's the last movie to have won all 3 crowns. everything else won only 1 and OS is still Avatar's. 

Can't reason with delusional stans.