kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

8 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

No matter what Endgame made, Avatar's run will always be far more impressive (and I LOVE both films, Avatar has the edge though), it opened at 241M WW, 241 MILLION ONLY ! And it managed to make its way to 2.75 billion + (without rerelease). Endgame opened at 1.2 BILLION ! and will either fall short of Avatar or barely pass it. I mean, this is crazy.

That's a rather skewed way to look at those numbers:

Avatar had not a similar simultan OW (e.g. China during weekend 8-10 January).

dom it started during a heavy snowstorm, muted its OW there btw

another season

today's times BO tends to behave way faster

Avatar is not a part xx movie that too tend to be faster

in especial 3D able cinemas way less - needed time to be able to get a  ticket in 3D

Avatar got a higher than usual rewatch need for: this time in 3D than nowadays is typical and for its must see as 3D WoM

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

From DHD:

Endgame ended its run in China with $629.1M and in the UK has now passed $110M. Regionally, the grosses are an all-time industry high of $1.11B in Asia-Pacific; $505M in Europe where it is the No. 5 movie ever; and $246M in Latin America, also the all-time industry high.

I’d argue that Endgame getting a re-release is becoming too much of a talking point among the trades, and that leads me to think there is a smoke to the fire. So I have two possible outcome scenarios happening for this:

The Lion King is July 19, and then there is this big hole in their calendar that is August, with films like these scheduled: The Art of Dancing in the Rain (August 9), Ready or Not (August 23), Ad Astra (September 20), The Woman in the Window (October 4). Then there is Maleficent 2 in October 18 and Frozen 2 in November 22.

So what I think it will happen:

Scenario A:

A rexpansion on the domestic market. Just something to go for the film’s last legs. I could see "Ready or Not" pushed to next year (horror tinged release, not an usual Disney thing), The Art of Dancing in the Rain moved to that slot and a mild expansion just for the final leg of Endgame. I think something like this happening is the most likely scenario.

Scenario B:

An actual re-release, a special edition of Endgame. While this is unlikely, I wouldn’t complete discard the possibility. If there is footage and they have one last surprise under their sleeve, it could happen.

A re-release will happen either way imho by 2020’s Oscar season, but I fully expect Endgame to have already topped Avatar by then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

can someone modarator plz to something before this thread becomes even more shit ? anb announcement wont do shit you need to act

I am voting for banning words "Titanic", "Avatar" and "Juggernaut" :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

I am voting for banning words "Titanic", "Avatar" and "Juggernaut" :D

Or you know people could just stop trying to present one as being better than the other when they're all equally incredible in their own different way. Trust me, it's not that hard, it really isn't.

People trying to dismiss Avatar now that it looks like Endgame won't pass it creates this neverending circle jerk where the Avatar fans come and claim differently and so on and so forth. If someone really feels that deeply for Endgame and the fact it lost this race, just try and be the better user, admit defeat (which is silly to even talk about but I guess we're here, what can I say) and move on respectfully and if other people continue to troll just ban them and that's it. We don't need to bring down one box office run to lift another, especially when we're talking about the two highest grossing movies of all time, the only two movies in history to make over $2.7 billion worldwide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

They are both impressive in different ways.

Yep. EG broke OW records by a landslide. Titanic and Avatar never played like that but were legs phenomena. So each movie made a cultural mark at something that's unique to them. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Or you know people could just stop trying to present one as being better than the other when they're all equally incredible in their own different way. Trust me, it's not that hard, it really isn't.

People trying to dismiss Avatar now that it looks like Endgame won't pass it creates this neverending circle jerk where the Avatar fans come and claim differently and so on and so forth. If someone really feels that deeply for Endgame and the fact it lost this race, just try and be the better user, admit defeat (which is silly to even talk about but I guess we're here, what can I say) and move on respectfully and if other people continue to troll just ban them and that's it. We don't need to bring down one box office run to lift another, especially when we're talking about the two highest grossing movies of all time, the only two movies in history to make over $2.7 billion worldwide.

I see... Buddy , you're new and have no idea what happened here

• Like 2

I will defend Avatar any time of the day, yes, different factors but STILL, a lot of people purposefully dismiss Avatar's run as if it's no big deal when its legs were insane, absolutely insane. It's also amusing, let's be honest, that so many people have been trashing Avatar (and by extension, its fans) when Endgame made 1.2 billion and proclaimed it would either pass Avatar or do so easily, I remember that negative James Cameron hashtag on Twitter adopted by folks whose sole goal was to see Endgame destroy Avatar and show James Cameron ! "We'll show him !". 

I love both films, both runs are super impressive, Avatar's even moreso imo. I remember seeing the film day one, practically no one in the room, the weekend was completely packed, and so it kept going for weeks. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I will defend Avatar any time of the day, yes, different factors but STILL, a lot of people purposefully dismiss Avatar's run as if it's no big deal when its legs were insane, absolutely insane. It's also amusing, let's be honest, that so many people have been trashing Avatar (and by extension, its fans) when Endgame made 1.2 billion and proclaimed it would either pass Avatar or do so easily, I remember that negative James Cameron hashtag on Twitter adopted by folks whose sole goal was to see Endgame destroy Avatar and show James Cameron ! "We'll show him !". 

I love both films, both runs are super impressive, Avatar's even moreso imo. I remember seeing the film day one, practically no one in the room, the weekend was completely packed, and so it kept going for weeks. 

yeah its not like cameron fanboys were better  smh............................... you only see what you want to see do you know how many people are saying that avatar runs was impressive as fuck ? people are fucking allow to have an opinion  but it seems that you only see the one side of the coin and also PLZ JUST STOP THIS FUCKING BULLHIT we keep saying the same thing over and over and over again, many users here the ones that are mcu fans or avatar fans or etc they are saying the same thing over and over again for the LAST 20 FUCKING PAGES, its clear that some people disagree and thats fine but to keeep making an arguement over something that we not have a result as there will be disagreement and to try to change the opinion of some people (not you i am talking generally) its idiocy to say the least

Edited by john2000
  • Like 3

First, you can tone it down a little bit, two, I'm not seeing just what I wanna see, this was all over the place on Twitter, on Reddit, there's always been an Avatar backlash which is only natural and amplified with something massively successful, but it's definitely intensified with Endgame coming along. Endless and tiring, I follow many folks from the industry on Twitter and several of them had to defend Avatar when the timelines were just filled with hateful comments. 

There has been nothing of the sort from Cameron fanboys, and we're certainly much quieter than MCU fans. Hell, anything you see here on BOT, on the Avatar 2 thread is softcore, it's harmless stuff, there's very little aggressivity going on but that's also about how toxic fandom can be these days, there are always a couple of nutjobs and clowns who end up giving everyone a bad name. 

P.S: Nice stealth editing 😉

Edited by TimmyRiggins
  • Like 1

some people here both mcu fans and avatar fans need to understand that people  should have the right to have an opinion without the need to apologise why they believe what they believe.

To analyze the box office and the runs is good , is the reason why we are here but to make the SAME comparisons over and over again is pointless, some people are saying  that avatar was more impressive , some people are saying that endgame is, by using the same arguements to explain the reason or to make them see who is right, not only adds nothing to this thread , WHICH IS A FUCKING AVENGERS THREAD ,but at the same time both sides are becoming annoying as fuck and you just waste your time, as a result this thread ahs become more about avatar than it is for endgame.

Also to just argue about wheter endgame will pass avatar or not or where endgame will end up or if disney will push endgame or not , thats fine but to start a fucking fanboy war bc some people feel the need to start it , its dissapointing to say the least

Just a random post from a guy who doesn't have an account, but follows this topic, before mods ban words Titanic, Avatar and juggernaut. 

Endgame is locked to beat Avatar's original gross of 2 749 millions. About taking the WW crown, seems impossible now, but we will se. Comparing Endgame and Avatar they both have advantages and disadvantages compared to each other. For example, Advantage of Endgame over Avatr is bigger market nowdays, more platforms for marketing and inflation. And in Avatar's case it's exchange rates, lack of blockbusters(competition), longer run, revolutionizing 3D for that time(which was the main driving force), less piracy(even before US premier of Endgame you could find it online) ... I'e mentioned those examples just for the record, since pretty much all of them are familiar to all of you.

Anyway the main reason I'm posting this is the fact that people here tend to overhype the future performance of Avatar's sequel. That movie won't break any records, mark my words. It's top gross will be somewhere around 2b. It will probably fall short of Infinity War. And breaking the 2b barrier won't be 100% done deal. And it's sequels will fall behind 2b. It would be the same as TFA and The Last Jedi. Or FF7 and FF8. Reason for that is simple. All those advantages Avatar had won't translate to it's sequel. Face it people we are now living in blockbuster era. Competition is much more harsh than in 2009. We have blockbusters in every season of single year. No movie can remain on top of the charts for more than one month, period. More importantly it's not just simple "blockbuster era" . It's an "expanded universe blockbuster era" . MCU changed everything. It has revolutionaside the cinematic expirience with the concept of expanded universe. Avatar doesn't have such expanded universe. It can certanly be made, but it will pale in comparison to the 60+ years rich library of Marvel. And main driving force behind Avatar 2 is the fact that it's the sequel to the highest grossing movie and another Jim's entry after long time. On the other side many people followed MCU because of expanded story, not cause those were an excellent movies(most of them are awfully bad, but telling a story via many movies was interesting) like Titanic or ROTK. And many more are desperate to know that happens in Phase 4.

Also the main driving force behind behind Avatar's impressive run "it's impressive 3D"(for that time), won't be on the side of sequel. Heck MCU will be the new Avatar considering the 3D. The reason behind that is the fact that when they introduce characters like Silver Surfer and Galactus we will be seeing action on a cosmic scale. And not just some random action, but planet destroying, star destroying and possibly galaxy destroying feats of that characters(like in the comics). That would be cinematic expirience without equal in the history of cinema. It would have far greater effect that revolutionising 3D and special effects of Avatar in it's era or Titanic in it's era. In shorts words this Infinity Saga of Marvel is simply a snack before breakfast. And pales in comparison to what we can expect to come. For example Godzilla King of the Monsters has probably the most spectacular special effects in cinematic history so far. Giant monsters having battle with city wide destruction is the driving force behind all the hype for that movie. And that will help it break the 1b ww barrier. Mark my words Godzilla KoM is breaking 1b ww. Cause people are going nuts over the fights seen in trailers. No other movie in history so far has offered such detailed and impressive fight scenes/special effects. I'm betting that we might see some minor "Avatar word of mouth effect" with Godzilla 2 which could result in rise instead of drop in second or third week in some markets. Now imagine what impressive and grandiose things Marvel has to offer with it's Cosmic-centric characters. Face it the only other franchise which can compare to Marvel juggernaut is DCEU if the manage to finaly put all pieces togather. For considerable time in future only Avangers/ other MCU titles will top Endgame and Avatar and break some other barriers like 3b. James Camerron can't offer anything to compare MCU having impressive cosmic fight in it's future entries. Sure he might direct another 10+ Oscars movie, but his reign ans box office king is finished. Unless Kevin Feige hires him 😃. Considering MCU, if they do several more arcs in following decades like Infinity Saga we could very likely have the first 100+ billion dollars movie franchise in history of cinema. And that's not something farfetched. It's certanly far more plausible than some 4b+ predictions of Avatar sequels.

On the side note. I don't consider myself a prophet. Predictions I made here are my opinion which I consider to be extremely highlikely. Of course I could be 100% wrong, but considering the reasearch I did, my predictions will be very plausible. Sorry for the wall of text and if it contains grammar mistakes. English is not my first language, I was writing on the phone and grammar mistakes are companions to the esseys 😃.

Edited by Danilo018
grammar mistakes
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

First, you can tone it down a little bit, two, I'm not seeing just what I wanna see, this was all over the place on Twitter, on Reddit, there's always been an Avatar backlash which is only natural and amplified with something massively successful, but it's definitely intensified with Endgame coming along. Endless and tiring, I follow many folks from the industry on Twitter and several of them had to defend Avatar when the timelines were just filled with hateful comments. 

There has been nothing of the sort from Cameron fanboys, and we're certainly much quieter than MCU fans. Hell, anything you see here on BOT, on the Avatar 2 thread is softcore, it's harmless stuff, there's very little aggressivity going on but that's also about how toxic fandom can be these days, there are always a couple of nutjobs and clowns who end up giving everyone a bad name. 

P.S: Nice stealth editing 😉

the whole thing started not bc from the logical cameron fans, ( i am both avatar fan and mcu fan, ok more mcu fan but still) the whole thing started bc of guys like ironjimbo harmless things yeah but after a while it becomes annoying to some people, avatar isnt the only to movie to get hate, force awakens faced the same , many movie do endgame also one of them , its normal even though it can become annoying as fuck, i agree with that, still you had some hardcore mcu and avatar fans here which was very normal, but the whole thing like i said started from guys like ironjimbo and then the fight continued

p.s  my tone wasnt bc of you , my tone is a result from all this bullshit/fanboy war that started  some days ago

Edited by john2000

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Anyways......moving on the MCU now averages $600M+ OS which is pretty remarkable for a 22 Film series and shows the power the brand has crucially in upcoming markets which will hold Phase 4 in good stead since I assume an Avengers 5 isn't coming for a while.

what i want to see is if endgame expand the potential for mcu movies, 850 dom is 150 mill more than black panther, lets say tha black panther was different case, still that will be almost 170+ increase from iw , that means that more demographis came as it is hard to believe that the rewatches are so much higher, 700+ million more from IW WW has to mean something, did it bring more people to the table, will europe be now a stronger presence for this movies? or eg was a special case or they will come for superhero event and not solo movies ? , we will see the first signs for that after ffh as i assume that this  movie will have a boost either way

9 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Anyways......moving on the MCU now averages $600M+ OS which is pretty remarkable for a 22 Film series and shows the power the brand has crucially in upcoming markets which will hold Phase 4 in good stead since I assume an Avengers 5 isn't coming for a while.

Unless you believe the "Disney says no more Avengers films" thingy that was said very recently. Unless they just mean no more OG Avengers films, and just Young Avengers or New Avengers, etc.

1 hour ago, Claudio said:

I see... Buddy , you're new and have no idea what happened here

Or maybe I'm an outside eye with no dog in this fight that can see both sides on equal footing and tell that one side is not worse or better than the other, despite what they might think of themselves.

Don't be so quick to judge a book by its cover, I might look new but maybe I'm not so new.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Danilo018 said:

this is the fact that people here tend to overhype the future performance of Avatar's sequel. That movie won't break any records, mark my words. It's top gross will be somewhere around 2b. It will probably fall short of Infinity War. And breaking the 2b barrier won't be 100% done deal

57 minutes ago, Danilo018 said:

Just a random post from a guy who doesn't have an account, but follows this topic, before mods ban words Titanic, Avatar and juggernaut. 

Endgame is locked to beat Avatar's original gross of 2 749 millions. About taking the WW crown, seems impossible now, but we will se. Comparing Endgame and Avatar they both have advantages and disadvantages compared to each other. For example, Advantage of Endgame over Avatr is bigger market nowdays, more platforms for marketing and inflation. And in Avatar's case it's exchange rates, lack of blockbusters(competition), longer run, revolutionizing 3D for that time(which was the main driving force), less piracy(even before US premier of Endgame you could find it online) ... I'e mentioned those examples just for the record, since pretty much all of them are familiar to all of you.

Anyway the main reason I'm posting this is the fact that people here tend to overhype the future performance of Avatar's sequel. That movie won't break any records, mark my words. It's top gross will be somewhere around 2b. It will probably fall short of Infinity War. And breaking the 2b barrier won't be 100% done deal. And it's sequels will fall behind 2b. It would be the same as TFA and The Last Jedi. Or FF7 and FF8. Reason for that is simple. All those advantages Avatar had won't translate to it's sequel. Face it people we are now living in blockbuster era. Competition is much more harsh than in 2009. We have blockbusters in every season of single year. No movie can remain on top of the charts for more than one month, period. More importantly it's not just simple "blockbuster era" . It's an "expanded universe blockbuster era" . MCU changed everything. It has revolutionaside the cinematic expirience with the concept of expanded universe. Avatar doesn't have such expanded universe. It can certanly be made, but it will pale in comparison to the 60+ years rich library of Marvel. And main driving force behind Avatar 2 is the fact that it's the sequel to the highest grossing movie and another Jim's entry after long time. On the other side many people followed MCU because of expanded story, not cause those were an excellent movies(most of them are awfully bad, but telling a story via many movies was interesting) like Titanic or ROTK. And many more are desperate to know that happens in Phase 4.

Also the main driving force behind behind Avatar's impressive run "it's impressive 3D"(for that time), won't be on the side of sequel. Heck MCU will be the new Avatar considering the 3D. The reason behind that is the fact that when they introduce characters like Silver Surfer and Galactus we will be seeing action on a cosmic scale. And not just some random action, but planet destroying, star destroying and possibly galaxy destroying feats of that characters(like in the comics). That would be cinematic expirience without equal in the history of cinema. It would have far greater effect that revolutionising 3D and special effects of Avatar in it's era or Titanic in it's era. In shorts words this Infinity Saga of Marvel is simply a snack before breakfast. And pales in comparison to what we can expect to come. For example Godzilla King of the Monsters has probably the most spectacular special effects in cinematic history so far. Giant monsters having battle with city wide destruction is the driving force behind all the hype for that movie. And that will help it break the 1b ww barrier. Mark my words Godzilla KoM is breaking 1b ww. Cause people are going nuts over the fights seen in trailers. No other movie in history so far has offered such detailed and impressive fight scenes/special effects. I'm betting that we might see some minor "Avatar word of mouth effect" with Godzilla 2 which could result in rise instead of drop in second or third week in some markets. Now imagine what impressive and grandiose things Marvel has to offer with it's Cosmic-centric characters. Face it the only other franchise which can compare to Marvel juggernaut is DCEU if the manage to finaly put all pieces togather. For considerable time in future only Avangers/ other MCU titles will top Endgame and Avatar and break some other barriers like 3b. James Camerron can't offer anything to compare MCU having impressive cosmic fight in it's future entries. Sure he might direct another 10+ Oscars movie, but his reign ans box office king is finished. Unless Kevin Feige hires him 😃. Considering MCU, if they do several more arcs in following decades like Infinity Saga we could very likely have the first 100+ billion dollars movie franchise in history of cinema. And that's not something farfetched. It's certanly far more plausible than some 4b+ predictions of Avatar sequels.

On the side note. I don't consider myself a prophet. Predictions I made here are my opinion which I consider to be extremely highlikely. Of course I could be 100% wrong, but considering the reasearch I did, my predictions will be very plausible. Sorry for the wall of text and if it contains grammar mistakes. English is not my first language, I was writing on the phone and grammar mistakes are companions to the esseys 😃.

You make some interesting points but Godzilla has zero chance of approching $1b