kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Moderation

We gave a warning.  I'm going back to that warning and any posts out of order, no matter how marginal, since that warning will result in a threadban.

I don't want to read this crap.  I'm just locking the thread for a few days.

THERE ARE POSTS WITH NO PARAGRAPHS!

Take it here.

Regards

BOT Staff

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Let’s try again. 

Discussion of Endgame’s box office only. 

Any rants, speeches, talking points, gifs, memes about other films will result in a certain course of action. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

It's completely fair for people to point out the original run without help from Disney could end up short. Mathematically I agree. However considering Disney didn't make Avatar and their sequel could go under the original it's in their interest to spend a bit to get it over. 

I'd like it to fully keep up with IW but the next couple holds before the big drop in a couple weeks is rough. 

Regardless, even a month from now we still won't know. Long way to go.

52 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Let’s try again. 

Discussion of Endgame’s box office only. 

Any rants, speeches, talking points, gifs, memes about other films will result in a certain course of action. 

FFS people how hard it is to understand simple plain English!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Thank god.    

Heads up that IW’s OS-C hold for next weekend was inflated by Brazil being +80% (the 5th weekend was affected by a external conditions in the country).

But that was just one country and it did not add more than 1m more than otherwise. So overall affect on Endgame this week should be minimal. Question is how endgame holds in rest of holdover markets. I am looking at all leggy markets UK,Germany, France(cine-directors is predicting 45% drop), Brazil and Japan. Am I missing any big one or Other markets are at this point are mostly done?

19 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

But that was just one country and it did not add more than 1m more than otherwise. So overall affect on Endgame this week should be minimal. Question is how endgame holds in rest of holdover markets. I am looking at all leggy markets UK,Germany, France(cine-directors is predicting 45% drop), Brazil and Japan. Am I missing any big one or Other markets are at this point are mostly done?

Well, Brazil is the biggest OS market at this point. 

OS-C for IW 5th was roughly 14.5, 6th ~11.3 (-22%).   

Without the gas/truck strike stuff in Brazil, would have been more like 15.8M and 11.1M (not gospel, just approx). -~30% instead. That’s enough of a difference I thought it was worth pointing out for expectations setting.     

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2

It will add another 25-30 millions from the big 8 markets

Uk germany france Australia sk mexico brazil japan

Can it add another 20 millions from rest of markets??

Edited by Moses

25 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Still thinking it'll pass 1.9B this weekend

Even with the absolute best holds it has had so far you're still looking at $4 million short of that. You are basically asking for a Monday to Friday that would exceed this past weekend. That's not just bold, it's completely disregarding everything we've seen so far and basically ignoring the numbers we have.

You are looking at 1.8-2 million on Tuesday and 2.2-2.5 million Wednesday+Thursday and a 7-9 million weekend.

• Thanks 2

Brazil 3.5

Australia 3.5

Korea 3.1

Japan 4.5

UK 4

Mexico 1.2

India 1

Germany 2.5

France 3

Spain 1

Indonesia 0.3

Thailand 0.3

Phillipins 0.3

Taiwan 0.5

Hongkong 0.5

Russia 0.3

Italy 0.3

These countries have ~$26.4M left.

I read somewhere that these countries = ~72% of the total OS.

So the rest many be ~28% = ~ $9-10M left.

Edited by danhtruong5

7 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Czech rep is gonna do something like $0.2-0.3m more 🙂

That should do it. now its beating Avatar for sure :sparta:

On a serious note, its not grossing another 0.8 m in russia. it grossed under 20m rub last weekend dropping 72% and this weekend we have Zilla opening. So its almost done. @juni78ukr can confirm where it can end.

http://www.kinobusiness.com/release/sbor/117978/week/

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Haha 1