kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Muslims' biggest festive season Aidilfitri falls on middle of next week (around 5th and 6th June). Many muslims (or countries with sizable muslim populations) countries will have 2 (or even 3) public holidays. These include Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Middle East countries, many middle Asia countries, some parts of India etc.

Probably not a big chunk of OS audience, but I foresee these holidays in above countries give higher contribution to Endgame's oversea BO next week compared to A:IW (Aidilfitri was 15th and 16th June in 2018).

Edited by justvision
  • Thanks 2
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, justvision said:

Muslims' biggest festive season Aidilfitri falls on middle of next week (around 5th and 6th June). Many muslims (or countries with sizable muslim populations) countries will have 2 (or even 3) public holidays. These include Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Middle East countries, many middle Aisa countries, some parts of India etc.

Probably not a big chunk of OS audience, but I foresee these holidays in above countries to higher contribution to Endgame's oversea BO next week compared to A:IW (Aidilfitri was 15th and 16th June in 2018).

Sounds like mostly territories that have pretty low by now, but I’ll take every dollar :)

Edited by Thanos Legion

1 hour ago, danhtruong5 said:

I just edited Russia and Italy to 0.3

The OS total maybe 35

840 + 629 + 1251.7+35 = ~2756

That sounds spot on, plus $5 million maybe, depending how the wind goes this month. I came up with a very close number in the domestic Tuesday thread when trying to predict where Endgame would be in 3 months, only I was trying to be a little more optimistic so my number was just a tiny bit higher.

7 hours ago, AlexMA said:

Even with the absolute best holds it has had so far you're still looking at $4 million short of that. You are basically asking for a Monday to Friday that would exceed this past weekend. That's not just bold, it's completely disregarding everything we've seen so far and basically ignoring the numbers we have.

You are looking at 1.8-2 million on Tuesday and 2.2-2.5 million Wednesday+Thursday and a 7-9 million weekend.

IW did 4M from Mon-Tue and had a 10M weekend. EG will do ~6.4M (+60%) and suddenly it will gross less than the weekend? Nah

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2019 at 3:38 AM, ZattMurdock said:

My current projection:

$866m Dom, $630m C, $1900m OS-C = $2.79B WW

And I think that without a re-release.

5 hours ago, danhtruong5 said:

I just edited Russia and Italy to 0.3

The OS total maybe 35

840 + 629 + 1251.7+35 = ~2756

2 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

855 + 629 + 1301 = 2.785B (+/- 5M)

Why everyone predicting 630 for China? I read somewhere Endgame has finished its theatrical run in China with $614m, and according to BOM Endgame dropped 100% in China last weekend. Or am I missing something here?

17 minutes ago, Specialsnowflakes said:

14 minutes ago, Specialsnowflakes said:

Why is everyone predicting 630 for China? I read somewhere Endgame has finished its theatrical run in China with $614m, and according to BOM Endgame dropped 100% in China last weekend. Or am I missing something here?

Endgame has finished its theatrical run with 629.1M until Disney comes ahead and says anything else. Mojo is wrong, it used the wrong ER. 

Edited by anti-Pedantic
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

855 + 629 + 1301 = 2.785B (+/- 5M)

$855M dom is a very, very optimistic prediction, and I don't know if over $1.3B OS-China is possible at this point. $2.77B is where Endgame heading (+/- $5M).

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

6 hours ago, Juby said:

$855M dom is a very, very optimistic prediction, and I don't know if over $1.3B OS-China is possible at this point. $2.77B is where Endgame heading (+/- $5M).

It's only very very optimistic if you're assuming zero FFH bump and zero juice from stronger wom due to the Avatar chase.

2.77 would basically clinch the record as Marvel could put in a zero-effort labor day revival with no extended scenes and easily nab 10m.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

IW did 4M from Mon-Tue and had a 10M weekend. EG will do ~6.4M (+60%) and suddenly it will gross less than the weekend? Nah

If you don't mind me asking where did you come up with that number, $6.4 million? If Monday was around $2.2 million than how exactly could Tuesday be almost twice that? Especially when Monday was actually slightly inflated by apparently a holiday in the UK.

IW had a 10 million weekend because there was nothing out that weekend. Endgame will go up against a slew of new releases. It's a question of simple math, there are only so many screens and Endgame was already getting one showing a day in some parts of the UK this week, to name just one market that I have more information on.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

If you don't mind me asking where did you come up with that number, $6.4 million? If Monday was around $2.2 million than how exactly could Tuesday be almost twice that? Especially when Monday was actually slightly inflated by apparently a holiday in the UK.

IW had a 10 million weekend because there was nothing out that weekend. Endgame will go up against a slew of new releases. It's a question of simple math, there are only so many screens and Endgame was already getting one showing a day in some parts of the UK this week, to name just one market that I have more information on.

I am not sure why you are pushing this unchecked narrative regarding sunday/monday OS-C numbers report.. we dont know for sure how it got from 15m-16m to 17.3m(is it china final number?)... we still need to wait to know for sure why it jumped to 17.3m.. and even if we do combine it with extra UK bank holiday monday boost(£1.2m fssm), it's take accounted for about ~£0.2m..not negligible, but it doesnt add up... we need to wait for daily actuals or weekly total again... 

TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Typos
  • Thanks 1

I know Mojo is an unoffical site, but why does Endgame or Disney movies in general have so few countries tracked? If you look at movies from other studios they have far more countries listed. Also seem to remember they only tracked money from the biggest cities in some countries. 

8 minutes ago, Sindreee said:

I know Mojo is an unoffical site, but why does Endgame or Disney movies in general have so few countries tracked? If you look at movies from other studios they have far more countries listed. Also seem to remember they only tracked money from the biggest cities in some countries. 

If Disney reports those numbers, mojo would track them. I dont think Mojo at this point has sources for small countries. In good old days of Brandon Gray running the site, they were dilligently updating OS numbers almost on a daily basis for different countries. Conor Bresnan was doing amazing stuff and we used to get numbers that no other site used to provide.

• Like 2