kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

It seems like a similar thing happened with IW last year. I dug Box Office Report Twitter and found this.

Avengers: Infinity War grossed an estimated $32.5M internationally over the 3-day weekend. International total through Sunday is $1.283B, global total through Sunday is $1.905B.

Actuals on Mojo

FOREIGN TOTAL 3 3 $32,214,038 -62.6% 36 -19 $894,834 $1,286,889,282

However last year China was included so the number was skewed a lot. I'll try to break it down later.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Why would you guys only look at the raw percetage drop from weekend-to-weekend while we have weekdays data available?

Because during the weekdays there was no Godzilla? Duh!

7 minutes ago, Juby said:

Why You keep quoting posts which are directly over yours? Makes no sense at all.

Make a lot of sense. It is advisable to quote posts to avoid confusion. Especially in a busy threads, by the time you write up and post, a few other posts may already be posted after the post you intend to respond to and it is no more "directly over" your reply, and then people got unnecessarily upset because they misundertand whom your posts are directed to.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Juby said:

Because during the weekdays there was no Godzilla? Duh!

But that's not how box office works. It's not a one-by-one-replace act. Yes it will shed screens and showtimes, but it's not disappearing and there are historical patterns to base it on. Duh

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Juby said:

@justvision

You can just add my name, like I just did. :)

This is the only forum I see people keep quoting the whole post directly over theirs.

Quoting name does not provide enough context of the response. (And to be frank, it may seem "personal"). Especially in a long drawn and sometimes heated argument, context is key to avoid misunderstanding. Howevr, I do agree the quotes should not be too long, and should be "snipped" to only relevant parts that one intends to reply to.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Okay, i tried my best to find detailed data but i couldn't, so this is what i got after digging BOR Twitter and POTUS Infinity War China chart. 

Last year, IW made anywhere from 1.5 - 2M on Monday in OS-China market after a 14.5M weekend. Then Tue + Wed + Thu = 4M. Total weekdays was 5.5-6M, 6th weekend was 10M.

This year, EG made 2.2M on Monday after a 17.1M weekend. Tue + Wed = 4.4M. Let's say Thu is 1.9M. Total weekdays is 8.5M, 6th weekend? Exact ratio gives EG 14-15M (jump 65-80%). With Godziila coming, +50% maybe? 12-13M

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Maximum Avery said:

Didnt we just extrapolate that sunday number was 1881m? Are we again back on square one?:'(

TTVOMJ

Hey if you want hope, optimism beyond reason, that guy is your huckleberry, so appreciate him while that flame is still burning, just maybe don't take him too seriously.

30 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Hey if you want hope, optimism beyond reason, that guy is your huckleberry, so appreciate him while that flame is still burning, just maybe don't take him too seriously.

"optimism beyond reason"

That's a no no. It's funny because none of you will say anything if i turn out to be right.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

"optimism beyond reason"

That's a no no. It's funny because none of you will say anything if i turn out to be right.

They will say that Dark Phoenix and Toy Story are coming and they will kill the legs. Excited for this weekend numbers and enjoying one of the most epic box office runs I’ve ever witnessed, and I saw Titanic and Avatar.

8 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

When will it hit $2.7B?

This Friday.

13 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

"optimism beyond reason"

You really don't want to open that can of worms. You are constantly moving the goalposts and shouting GOAL even before the damn ball crosses the line. You call bull when it comes to other people's numbers and when those become real you call them amazing, despite only a couple days before they were "neah". That's not how that works, you can't have your cake and eat it. I get that you might not perceive that, but it is 100% there, the optimism part. You could have taken that as a compliment, the way I intended it, but instead you took it as an insult.

But whatever, you're calling $2,720 million by the end of the week, sure, I'll call your bluff and raise (well not really raise, but you know) you $2,713-2,715 million, which by the way is on the optimistic side as it would not surprise me if we got to $2,712 million and stopped there. But I won't go there, I'll stick to the first range. See you on Sunday, or more like Monday because who knows, maybe the numbers will double from the estimates to the final, right?

Edited by AlexMA
small grammatical correction

7 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

You really don't want to open that can of worms. You are constantly moving the goalposts and shouting GOAL even before the damn ball crosses the line. You call bull when it comes to other people's numbers and when those become real you call them amazing, despite only a couple days before they were "neah". That's not how that works, you can't have your cake and eat it. I get that you might not perceive that, but it is 100% there, the optimism part. You could have taken that as a compliment, the way I intended it, but instead you took it as an insult.

But whatever, you're calling $2,720 million by the end of the week, sure, I'll call your bluff and raise (well not really raise, but you know) you $2,713-2,715 million, which by the way is on the optimistic side as it would not surprise me if we got to $2,712 million and stopped there. But I won't go there, I'll stick to the first range. See you on Sunday, or more like Monday because who knows, maybe the numbers will double from the estimates to the final, right?

you have different opinions and thats ok, there is no need to be ironic

Come one, both sides are giving estimates. Nobody is wrong till proven otherwise when the actual numbers come out. Don't be harsh on others now, and perhaps don't be harsh later too when/if you are proven right. You can take credit on your good prediction and boast a bit, but even then try to be nice to each other.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1