kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

21 minutes ago, john2000 said:

you have different opinions and thats ok, there is no need to be ironic

I really wasn't trying to be anything, I did mean that as a compliment. But you brought up a interesting word, opinion. That's the main issue here, he has opinions, I'm just following the numbers. Following the film's trajectory, market trends, daily numbers, past performs, all of it, and that has nothing to do with opinions. I take numbers very seriously, some might say too seriously (and yes, I know I can come off as an asshole, I really am sorry because I'm not that guy), I never make predictions without actual data to back that up because frankly I wouldn't even know where to start. I need numbers, I'm a numbers guy, and I'm sorry if sometimes I can come off as the villain, that's never my intention and I am making efforts to change that. So next time I write a number on here you can be bloody sure I did the math and didn't just plop it out of you know where. Not really a wordsmith either, but I hope you get where I'm coming from. Basically when I see a number that doesn't make sense it's very hard to not say something, call it my shitty programming, it's the equivalent of seeing something that's off to the side on a table and dying to fix it.

14 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

I really wasn't trying to be anything, I did mean that as a compliment. But you brought up a interesting word, opinion. That's the main issue here, he has opinions, I'm just following the numbers. Following the film's trajectory, market trends, daily numbers, past performs, all of it, and that has nothing to do with opinions. I take numbers very seriously, some might say too seriously (and yes, I know I can come off as an asshole, I really am sorry because I'm not that guy), I never make predictions without actual data to back that up because frankly I wouldn't even know where to start. I need numbers, I'm a numbers guy, and I'm sorry if sometimes I can come off as the villain, that's never my intention and I am making efforts to change that. So next time I write a number on here you can be bloody sure I did the math and didn't just plop it out of you know where. Not really a wordsmith either, but I hope you get where I'm coming from. Basically when I see a number that doesn't make sense it's very hard to not say something, call it my shitty programming, it's the equivalent of seeing something that's off to the side on a table and dying to fix it.

look both you and he make an opinion based on information, he like you believe this thing based on data, the difference is that people use different datas or maybe they use the same data and have different results, i know that you use data and information and so is he, but if you go back sereval pages you will see that many users may use the same data but have different results, thats natural what i am trying to say is that both you and he use data but have different results, also bc the data is incomplete or bc you dont know what the drops will be, you also add your opinion , for example maybe he is more on the optimistic side and you more on the realistic side, thats ok both your results are equally valid, in the end it doesnt matter as the movie maybe will follow his or yours prediction or maybe none of yours , we will know, but dont continue this arguement 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexMA said:

Hey if you want hope, optimism beyond reason, that guy is your huckleberry, so appreciate him while that flame is still burning, just maybe don't take him too seriously.

I dont take _you_ too seriously because you seem overly redundant..some might appreciate you, but extrapolating safe numbers is for someone else .. not me.. otherwise.. i like that you are a caretaker.. just care about something else beside miniscule endgame numbers fluctuations followed by us "childish hopers" xD go explain why hustle is making ~2k or w/e ...

TTVOMJ

1 hour ago, AlexMA said:

False modesty?:p You dont look like a villain but noone acused you of one either.. we KNOW the numbers.. we are just hoping for the best... and see you killing it.. its just funny xD an example: kids play against other kids a football match... you think parents of either team will talk about their teams chances being 50 50?^^ its just silly high end BO hoping:) you are a nice guy.. keep on keeping 

TTVOMJ

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

False modesty?:p You dont look like a villain but noone acused you of one either.. we KNOW the numbers.. we are just hoping for the best... and see you killing it.. its just funny xD an example: kids play against other kids a football match... you think parents of either team will talk about their teams chances being 50 50?^^ its just silly high end BO hoping:) you are a nice guy.. keep on keeping 

TTVOMJ

Thanks, I guess, I know I can be too much with the numbers, but sometimes I can't help it, sorry.

2 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Thanks, I guess, I know I can be too much with the numbers, but sometimes I can't help it, sorry.

No..:) dont use "i guess".. it _was_ a compliment...i am not trying to be pesky cynic.. since you came here i noticed your first post cause you are pedantic, nice and careful.. but we need endgame to be chaotic and unruly.. nothing personal, quite the opposite.. xD

Ps: '...there is never too much of the numbers, move along..' xD

TTVOMJ

9 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

No..:) dont use "i guess".. it _was_ a compliment...i am not trying to be pesky cynic.. since you came here i noticed your first post cause you are pedantic, nice and careful.. but we need endgame to be chaotic and unruly.. nothing personal, quite the opposite.. xD

Ps: '...there is never too much of the numbers, move along..' xD

TTVOMJ

Speaking of numbers, I miss having Endgame play in China, we had numbers every half an hour, it was great. Now we wait and wait and MAYBE at the end of the day we'll get some international update, but generally that's not the case. It's frustrating that in this connected world we live in we don't have a global way of tracking and reporting all these numbers in a timely fashion. Instead we have to wait on the studios and when they want or don't want to talk about their numbers.

Basically I'm dying for more numbers to crunch here, I know we just got an update yesterday but I need my fix man... and with Charlie away... no fix man, what do I do?

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Speaking of numbers, I miss having Endgame play in China, we had numbers every half an hour, it was great. Now we wait and wait and MAYBE at the end of the day we'll get some international update, but generally that's not the case. It's frustrating that in this connected world we live in we don't have a global way of tracking and reporting all these numbers in a timely fashion. Instead we have to wait on the studios and when they want or don't want to talk about their numbers.

Basically I'm dying for more numbers to crunch here, I know we just got an update yesterday but I need my fix man... and with Charlie away... no fix man, what do I do?

XD no charlie, so much cry...  btw... cant wait for that day when every number is visible to public and transparent each given moment as its updated RL

Edit: go to tracking thread...there be numbers there xD

TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Added content

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

watch Avatar. :lol:

Need something much longer, that won't cut it. MCU is 48 hours to marathon (and by the time I'd be done with that we'd have final numbers for this weekend everywhere), and I haven't seen a couple since they came out in theaters (The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor: The Dark World), and I've never done a marathon like that (except maybe that one week I binged 5 season of Orange is the New Black, I tell you, that was NOT healthy), so it should be fun. I was meaning to rewatch the previous 21 before Endgame but never got around to it at the time. Maybe this would be a great weekend to take a trip down memory lane and completely forget about any sort of numbers.

8 minutes ago, Moses said:

It looks that Godzilla is doing bad except in china and Japan.

This will be good for EG legs.

Even in China it's not doing the $70 million it was supposedly tracking at a week or so ago. Friday is currently at almost $16 million with 4 more hours to go. Even if it can climb to 20 million, that still won't get it to 70.

What is Japan looking at?

12 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

The Avatar dream will live (barely) if

DOM weekend is ~9.5M

OS weekend is 10M+

They should take the total close enough, to 2.780-2.785B for a push to work. Anything below that then the dream is dead (really dead).

you really think that if it falls short 20 million they wont do a rerelease or something ? lol

Edited by john2000

16 minutes ago, john2000 said:

you really think that if it falls short 20 million they wont do a rerelease or something ? lol

20M is too much. 10M maybe. 

Still, math is still just math. As long as it stays afloat this weekend, it'll finish with 10M

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

22 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

The Avatar dream will live (barely) if

DOM weekend is ~9.5M

OS weekend is 10M+

They should take the total close enough, to 2.780-2.785B for a push to work. Anything below that then the dream is dead (really dead).

Too far out to make any determination. Easily could see Disney help more than usual, labor day expansion and do a re-release. Maybe by the time August comes around I will start listening to predictions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Still, math is still just math. As long as it stays afloat this weekend, it'll finish with 10M

20 million is not that much for a rerelease, when labor day alone could make as much as 10 million for dom

Edited by john2000

4 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

But this isnt math... its liquid o.O what if the movie doesnt drop more than 20-25% after week 6/7? What then? Have you ever tracked legacy films? There are like 4 of them.. titanic, avatar, tfa domestic and this... not IW, this.. this is the end...as long as there is 1 screen in a town the movie will be watched throughout summer

TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Typos