kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

Has something happened while I was away? I’m hearing under $4m weekdays, but the BOM estimate is from the studio.

not at all, seems that mon-wed the weekdays are 6.5 it seems, so with thur 8+

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Has something happened while I was away? I’m hearing under $4m weekdays, but the BOM estimate is from the studio.

1887 till wednesday. Updated yesterday by BOM. But many here are saying weekend actual was 1881 and so it grossed 6m over 3 days. Anyway we wait till sunday update.

• Thanks 1

So I take it not much happened in the last couple of hours here, outside of some not great looking numbers in South Korea (but understandably so). But seriously how is Godzilla that low over there?

One minute later!

Well that explains it, apparently the 2014 one made $5.7 million over there, like over its entire run. Looking at those numbers this new one will probably come up short of that. I guess Godzilla is 안 좋아요 over there. Pacific Rim made $18.2 million there, so they like Kaiju, it's just Godzilla they don't respond to, most likely because it comes from Japan (for those not familiar the two countries have a let's say history and while things might be good today, South Koreans in general don't take too well to the Japanese).

Endgame's drop over there does not surprise me the least bit (okay maybe a bit, it's a pretty steep drop after all) because considering the competition it makes sense why it looks like that.

I'm going to guess no international updates for Thursday (if they haven't updated by now I doubt they will today), so probably won't see anything until Sunday, also not surprising.

Edit: I think I might have messed something and I have no idea how to fix it so I'll just leave it like that, sorry.

Edited by AlexMA
I've been naughty!

https://www.boxofficepro.com/avengers-endgame-smashes-4dx-box-office-records-with-37-million-worldwide/

CJ 4DPLEX (www.cj4dx.com) announced yesterday that Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgamebroke records becoming the highest grossing film in the shortest time of the company’s history. The innovative multi-sensory format 4DX amassed $37 million box office worldwide in three weeks, marking a new milestone in the history of the company.

In less than three weeks, Avengers: Endgame has already surpassed the total box office gross of the previous top 4DX record-holder. Marking a new milestone for the innovative format, Avengers: Endgame moves on to its fourth week run in 4DX theaters around the globe. Amongst the territories, the highest contributing countries include China and France with 13%, Korea at 12%, Japan at 8%, Mexico at 8% and USA at 7% from the total box office.

• Like 1

Looking at the some individual markets, Endgame seems to be having a lot of 60-70+% drops this weekend (Italy, Russia, South Korea...). Leggier markets like Japan, Brazil and Germany will probably soften the overall OS drop but I'm not expecting much more than $8m this weekend.

3 hours ago, Agafin said:

Looking at the some individual markets, Endgame seems to be having a lot of 60-70+% drops this weekend (Italy, Russia, South Korea...). Leggier markets like Japan, Brazil and Germany will probably soften the overall OS drop but I'm not expecting much more than $8m this weekend.

That would be a good assessment, I think people should prepare themselves for something even as low as $7 million.

And domestically depending on how this weekend goes we'll know with pretty damn good accuracy what the North American piece of the worldwide pie will look like when this will be all over. Right now an $8 million weekend in NA, with Infinity War's legs (which is probably the most we can hope for right now) it would get another $28 million past this weekend. So about $844 million, give or take. But if the weekend is $7.5 (closer to Deadline's estimates) then we'd be looking at $841 million.

And it goes without saying, anything under Infinity War's legs from this point on would get us below $840 million if the 6th domestic weekend is not higher than $7,5 million, even worse if it's lower.

Sorry for being the debbie downer yet again but better to know now than later.

And the international run from this point on, well I'm not touching that even with a teen-foot poll! To call that volatile would be an understatement, it could go anywhere from under $20 million to more. Nope, not poking that anymore!

Edited by AlexMA
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

The legs are atrocious in many foreign markets. And that means lack of repeat viewings even from hardcore fans.  No causal moviegoers coming. Everyone who wanted to see it already saw in 4 weeks.

Edited by juni78ukr
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

14 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

That would be a good assessment, I think people should prepare themselves for something even as low as $7 million.

And domestically depending on how this weekend goes we'll know with pretty damn good accuracy what the North American piece of the worldwide pie will look like when this will be all over. Right now an $8 million weekend in NA, with Infinity War's legs (which is probably the most we can hope for right now) it would get another $28 million past this weekend. So about $844 million, give or take. But if the weekend is $7.5 (closer to Deadline's estimates) then we'd be looking at $841 million.

And it goes without saying, anything under Infinity War's legs from this point on would get us below $840 million if the 6th domestic weekend is not higher than $7,5 million, even worse if it's lower.

Sorry for being the debbie downer yet again but better to know now than later.

And the international run from this point on, well I'm not touching that even with a teen-foot poll! To call that volatile would be an understatement, it could go anywhere from under $20 million to more. Nope, not poking that anymore!

better know now ? lol are you even see other posts ? dude most people here are expecting around 840-850 (closer to 840) wtf are you talking about

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

The legs are atrocious in many foreign markets. And that means lack of repeat viewings even from hardcore fans.  No causal moviegoers coming. Everyone who wanted to see it already say in 4 weeks.

yeah  300+ os without china is atrocious .............. eg just cant increased that much as iw was already sky high in latin america and asia, also lol make 536 on ow without china and the we will talk , and also fan fact iw multi os was 2,6 , endgame made 150+ MILLION MORE ON OW WITHOUT CHINA, and its legs will be 2.4-2.5 yeah i agree its atrocious , and also from the moment you are talking about 4 weekend, do you know how much money iw would have made if it was released in china  in april and not in may ? ok let me tell if it was released in china by the end of april then iw by then end of its 4th weekend would have made 1.85-1.9 billion , yeah i agree most people didnt see iw by the 4 weekend............................

Edited by john2000

1 hour ago, john2000 said:

better know now ? lol are you even see other posts ? dude most people here are expecting around 840-850 (closer to 840) wtf are you talking about

I don't understand your criticism. For those that are predicting closer to $840 than this will reinforce those numbers with more scenarios and examples as to why that's likely to happen. For those that are still hoping for $850 million it's there to temper expectations a bit and most importantly explain why it will make X money instead of Y money in a way that's less subjective and more objective. I could say more about what you're trying to do, but I'm not because I want to keep this thread civil. I hope we can at least agree on that last part.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

I don't understand your criticism. For those that are predicting closer to $840 than this will reinforce those numbers with more scenarios and examples as to why that's likely to happen. For those that are still hoping for $850 million it's there to temper expectations a bit and most importantly explain why it will make X money instead of Y money in a way that's less subjective and more objective. I could say more about what you're trying to do, but I'm not because I want to keep this thread civil. I hope we can at least agree on that last part.

i just dont understand why you try so say the obvious, bc you are just stating the obvious 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i just dont understand why you try so say the obvious, bc you are just stating the obvious 

Okay, fine, I'll say something and hopefully you understand where I'm coming from and maybe slightly adjust your stance. Don't for one second think I enjoy giving bad news, especially about something I love. So when it comes to my posts you don't need to be defensive on here, I'm not one of those guys coming here to poke fun or whatever others do, never have, never will. If my words sometimes read as cold, make no mistake it's not because I don't care about that thing and I want it to fail, it's because over the years I've learned to separate the things I'm a fan of from the numbers associated with them. That's my way of coping with numbers that are not what I wished they were. On the other hand when the numbers are way up there I will employ a lot more interjections and generally a much more positive tone.

Oh and to counter your point, just because you think I was stating the obvious now doesn't mean everyone is aware of that obvious, certainly didn't read that way from the pages I looked at in the last couple of hours. Again simply giving my take, nothing wrong with coming up with similar numbers, quite the contrary, it means we're getting closer to what will ultimately be the actual numbers (as more people come up with the same results despite taking different routes to get there).

Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, juni78ukr said:

The legs are atrocious in many foreign markets. And that means lack of repeat viewings even from hardcore fans.  No causal moviegoers coming. Everyone who wanted to see it already saw in 4 weeks.

You mean like literally every other big opener?