kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

3 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

What do you mean? 

I mean people are thinking that, in re-release Endgame is going to increase to $10mn weekend or higher and cross Avatar instantly but reality is that it may just add additional $5-10mn in full run due to expansion. Without expansion, the film is enroute $846-847mn, while now it may do $851-857mn in full run, the former more likely.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Internet is up for disappointment man. I mean my TL is certain that Endgame will beat Avatar the weekend it re-release. Poor chaps don't know, it barely gonna add $5-10mn by that over 2-4 weeks.

But I'm pretty sure Disney is adding extra theatres for the WW record. They will get it anyhow.... Coz if they don't it will be embarrassing for Disney... There are plenty of examples of this happening.. Black Panther , A Wrinkle in Time... From other studios Skyfall, Passengers.... So I don't think that it will be behind Avatar.

1 minute ago, Nero said:

But I'm pretty sure Disney is adding extra theatres for the WW record. They will get it anyhow.... Coz if they don't it will be embarrassing for Disney... There are plenty of examples of this happening.. Black Panther , A Wrinkle in Time... From other studios Skyfall, Passengers.... So I don't think that it will be behind Avatar.

@Shawn what's your opinion on this?

I’m with Jatinder. This isn’t a rerelease. They’re adding 6 minutes of post credits content in week 10 and may be increasing TC in some countries. Not enough to make up the gap between where it was headed and where #1 sits. It’ll mean a lot less work if they have something else they want to try later though.

• Like 4
  • Disbelief 1

Hi again to all, tried to backread what's up the last some pages, but way too much bickering and so on about themes that are in y POV either OT or beating the dead horse.

In short: 6 minutes mid credits / credits added, is that especially SMFFH related stuff or also related to other movies?

I see @Charlie Jatinder you are back too! I hope your exams went well? The last one was at Tuesdeay or?

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Hi again to all, tried to backread what's up the last some pages, but way too much bickering and so on about themes that are in y POV either OT or beating the dead horse.

In short: 6 minutes mid credits / credits added, is that especially SMFFH related stuff or also related to other movies?

I see @Charlie Jatinder you are back too! I hope your exams went well? The last one was at Tuesdeay or?

The last one was June 10th and they went great. Thanks everyone, especially you for your wishes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heroicpiglet said:

IMAX version is different. The Imax company (I dont remember the name) is the one that will decide on re-release not Disney.

I'm not really sure what you are saying here. 

Disney doesn't decide what theatres play whether they are IMAX or not. 

IMAX dictates which movies are available for it's format, but they also can't force theatres to play one film over another. 

Theatres are the ones who dictate what films will play at their theatre and on what screens, showtimes, etc. 

The make deals with the distributors directly. Sometimes those agreements have clauses (must play in largest formats for 3 weeks, etc), but they are still the ones who decide whether or not to enter into those agreements. 

Either way, it's a highly intergrated system. 

IMAX, studios and theatres work together to *try to) ensure maximum play-ability and maximum profits for everyone. 

7 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Thanks a lot!

I needed a break from all those 'invasions' of posters who seemingly feel/felt 'threatened' by A:EG's BO. Plus I work a lot.... ;)

Yeah that was nuts but Aladdin has been an absolute delight. My daughter is still singing it (with me :D ) as of today. Welcome back :) 

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Internet is up for disappointment man. I mean my TL is certain that Endgame will beat Avatar the weekend it re-release. Poor chaps don't know, it barely gonna add $5-10mn by that over 2-4 weeks.

again even if you are right, do you really think that disney will not make sure that it passes avatar ? lol the push is  for that reason, and i dont know how, but they will make sure that it passes avatar

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I mean people are thinking that, in re-release Endgame is going to increase to $10mn weekend or higher and cross Avatar instantly but reality is that it may just add additional $5-10mn in full run due to expansion. Without expansion, the film is enroute $846-847mn, while now it may do $851-857mn in full run, the former more likely.

again we will see, and this this will probably be ww, or else there is no reason , we will know soon enough

3 hours ago, VanillaSkies said:

Not just because it will likely give it the push it needs to #1, but they literally have nothing to lose. It will cost them next to nothing to add these few scenes and sent out new digital prints. Marketing will be mostly social/word of mouth.

That's the way this makes sense, if they just let the free press they get for the rerelease be the marketing for it then it's all upside for them.  If they start running another media campaign then it seems like it's a bad bet bc I doubt they make much from it.  

But 2760-2765, needs less than 30m to hit it.  5m from US, 10m from latin america, 10m from europe and russia, 5m from asia.  Seems like a reach but certainly on the table.

16 minutes ago, MattW said:

That's the way this makes sense, if they just let the free press they get for the rerelease be the marketing for it then it's all upside for them.  If they start running another media campaign then it seems like it's a bad bet bc I doubt they make much from it.  

But 2760-2765, needs less than 30m to hit it.  5m from US, 10m from latin america, 10m from europe and russia, 5m from asia.  Seems like a reach but certainly on the table.

it will finish without push around 2768-2773 , so it will be easier but yeah i agree 20 mil isnt too much to push

7 minutes ago, john2000 said:

it will finish without push around 2768-2773 , so it will be easier but yeah i agree 20 mil isnt too much to push

That is the thing. This won’t just get it over right away, but it will give it enough of a boost, in tandem with Spidey, that its late legs can carry it past Avatar. It really is not that hard to get an extra $15-$20 million from something like this worldwide. Plus they have opportunities like Labor Day expansion if they really need one final push, though I doubt they will. It is holding so well already, this plus Far From Home will really boost it imo. Probably gets over/under $2.8 billion when all is said and done. Disney clearly wants the record, and it’s not like it will be that hard to get. Effort is required, but it is doable, especially by a company with so much influence. That’s why after today I see Endgame’s topping of Avatar as inevitable. Even if this boost somehow missed it it would be like a few million away, easy to get over. As you said, it was going to finish around $2.770 billion. How does this not gather at least another $15 million total due to its effect for the remainder of Endgame’s run? I would not be surprised if the Spider-Man boost by itself could give $5-$10 million in total worldwide. With Disney now putting this new version in theaters domestic and international, with a potential theater count expansion, that bump will be bigger as people have more of an incentive to see it one final time before Spider-Man releases. It will probably still be a pretty slow crawl, but one with an actual finish line in site.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

That is the thing. This won’t just get it over right away, but it will give it enough of a boost, in tandem with Spidey, that its late legs can carry it past Avatar. It really is not that hard to get an extra $15-$20 million from something like this worldwide. Plus they have opportunities like Labor Day expansion if they really need one final push, though I doubt they will. It is holding so well already, this plus Far From Home will really boost it imo. Probably gets over/under $2.8 billion when all is said and done. Disney clearly wants the record, and it’s not like it will be that hard to get. Effort is required, but it is doable, especially by a company with so much influence. That’s why after today I see Endgame’s topping of Avatar as inevitable. Even if this boost somehow missed it it would be like a few million away, easy to get over. As you said, it was going to finish around $2.770 billion. How does this not gather at least another $15 million total due to its effect for the remainder of Endgame’s run? I would not be surprised if the Spider-Man boost by itself could give $5-$10 million in total worldwide. With Disney now putting this new version in theaters domestic and international, with a potential theater count expansion, that bump will be bigger as people have more of an incentive to see it one final time before Spider-Man releases. It will probably still be a pretty slow crawl, but one with an actual finish line in site.

agreed, still  will need to see if it will be os too, however i would say that its likely

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

agreed, still  will need to see if it will be os too, however i would say that its likely

We know it is at least some places overseas, hopefully Disney gets it in every country possible. Every dollar counts at this point. $5 million is literally a huge amount of money for Endgame right now, which is why something like Spider-Man helping it by just that much domestically would still be fantastic and help shift the odds in its favor.

33 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Did you get that figure by extrapolating how IW fared from this point onwards?

If so, with a marketing push they could get by Avatar but I'm not sure about the predicted number without any push. Could you elaborate?