kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I don't know if it's shared but give this man something.

Haha that’s great, I’ve had a similar idea in my head with this scene specifically pertaining to if Disney decides to push it over. This guy did a great job on it.

8 minutes ago, unitedkush said:

Did you get that figure by extrapolating how IW fared from this point onwards?

If so, with a marketing push they could get by Avatar but I'm not sure about the predicted number without any push. Could you elaborate?

Basically extrapolating based on how it has been holding recently and estimating how much it will make overseas and domestically during its remaining time in theaters.

• Like 1

I am thinking to see how expansion for some big films added for them.

Avatar: Special Edition: $10.5mn + $1mn Approx in a mini expansion for original in Week 18

Jurassic World: $9mn Approx in an expansion in 12th Week. Going by 11th week it was closing at $643mn Approx.

The Avengers: $5mn Approx in an expansion in 18th Week.

Incredibles 2: $5mn Approx in an expansion in 12th Week

The Dark Knight: $1.5mn in re-release and $4mn Approx in multiple expansions

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: $3.5mn in an expansion in 11th Week

From these, $5-10mn is best we can hope from expansion, and most of them are labour day weekend expansion. So don't get high hopes.

26 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Avatar: Special Edition: $10.5mn + $1mn Approx in a mini expansion for original in Week 18

Jurassic World: $9mn Approx in an expansion in 12th Week. Going by 11th week it was closing at $643mn Approx.

From these, $5-10mn is best we can hope from expansion, and most of them are labour day weekend expansion. So don't get high hopes.

These numbers are for domestic. What about OS numbers??

30 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

avatar added 30 mill with os, again we dont know what they will do so plz stop the useless speculation,  they will probably do it os too so add 10 million at least, and again if this is the way that they will do it , do you really think that they wont make sure that endgame passes avatar, bc that would be weird, idk how they will do it but they will, all this thing has become big deal on social media and from the sites,and bc of that they will make sure that it happens, as i dont believe that they would want , a even with a push it couldnt pass it kind of thing, again we dont really know and how it will happen but i would say they if the reason for this is the ww1 record, then i personally expect it to happen,

Edited by john2000
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Moses said:

These numbers are for domestic. What about OS numbers??

Re-releases and expansions are not usual norm in most countries and i don't think there were any such for any film. Expansions in international market depend on the local releases and local branch of studio there.

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Re-releases and expansions are not usual norm in most countries and i don't think there were any such for any film. Expansions in international market depend on the local releases and local branch of studio there.

again we dont really know what they will do, let us wait and see

29 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

please stop spamming. I am reading this comment for atleast 7th-8th time since morning.

We are on BoT, we are here to speculate, deduce, predict, see the actuals only. 

and you do the same , we got it according to you it will add 5-10, an arguement that wont go somewhere, however, 

i dont have problem with speculation, but i dont like the asureness when some has barely ant info, predict is what we are doing here, but in this case  only we dont know what they will do or even how they will do, i am not spamming bc i believe that my opinion has more value than yours, as i dont have an opinion in this case bc i dont know what they will do, but i have see people from both sides say the same thing over again, which is not bad at all , but an arguement should continue when you have info, when someone just believes then arguement and the disscusion doesnt lead anywhere, as both sides will remain with their opinion, and i just dont understand this kind of thing,speculate yes, but be so sure of speculation (including me) when we dont know what the studio will do is weird

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Region   Avatar     EndGame

Australia   9.6   5.72  
Europe   89.9   40.8 (IW)
USA   97.8   92.3
SK   13.3   13.9
China   27.6   86.61
Japan   10.1   4.01
India   5.8   23.2
Indonesia   2.7   11.1

256.8   277.64

Not a single Latin country was taken.  Adding any other country (Latin or Asian) would only widen the GAP between EG and Avatar. As simple as it sounds, Just China and India completely close the gains Avatar has in Europe, Australia or the US over the admission of EndGame.

This above is an admission, I have searched from each country's own databases or sources from here BOT. The sources can be clicked on the name of the country.

1. Europe Admission----> The source Lumiere has Normal Ticket sold at 75M & 30M but OBS Ticket sold is 89.9M for Avatar & 40M for Avengers: Infinity War respectively. EG has sold a lot more than that but I took only 40M. @Charlie Jatinder  I remember him saying Lumiere calculates it little wrong but whatever.  Also, I know Mojo has a similar problem, but I will give Avatar any advantage it wants. I took a higher one, 89.9M for Avatar.
  2. USA Admission----> Mojo has the admissions at 97.8M for the USA adjusted for Avatar and 93.2M for EG, but just so that no one complains I wanted to take the highest admission, I could found on the Internet. So, nobody complains. www.ultimatemovierankings.com<--- This site says Avatar has 99.6M admissions but it has Endgame at 98.3m too.
  3. INDIA Admission------> Simply ask @Charlie Jatinder
  4. China Admission ------> BOT China Record Forum. 
  5. SK Admission -------> http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/boxOffice_Yearly.jsp?mode=BOXOFFICE_YEAR
  6. Japan --------> Checked out records forum in WoKj.
  7. Indonesia-----> 11M for Endgame Admission was reported on the news. Also, I checked the top 40 movies for Indonesia and Avatar was not in that list, the movie on 40th had 2.7M admission and I gave it to Avatar. 
  8. Australia Admission --> In 2009, In a total of 90.7M admission accounted for AU$ 1085m.  Average Ticket prices were AU$ 11.99 in 2009 to AU$13.86 in 2018. So, Avatar which had earned AU$115M ----> 9.6M tickets. Now, EG has earned AUD 80M, so with 14 AUD average price this year-----> 5.72M tickets.

Few other Countries, Admissions-

EDIT: Thailand - EG made 1080M Bahkt, Avg Ticket Price in Thailand is 210 for EG, but let's take 220 Bahkt. that gives 4.9M Tickets. 

EDIT: Vietnam- EG made around  310B VND, the ATP is around 67.5k VND. So we get around 4.5M tickets.

EDIT: Philipines - EG earned 1.5 Billion Pesos, the Average ticket price is 300 pesos i.e 5M tickets.

Edited by Shanks
New source >,.,<
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Australia   9.6   5.72  
USA   97.8   92.3
SK   13.3   13.9
China   27.6   86.61
Japan   10.1   4.01
India   5.8   23.2
Indonesia   2.7   11.1

256.8   277.64

Not a single Latin country was taken.  Adding any other country (Latin or Asian) would only widen the GAP between EG and Avatar. As simple as it sounds, Just China and India completely close the gains Avatar has in Europe, Australia or the US over the admission of EndGame.

This above is an admission, I have searched from each country's own databases or sources from here BOT. The sources can be clicked on the name of the country.

1. Europe Admission----> The source Lumiere has Normal Ticket sold at 75M & 30M but OBS Ticket sold is 89.9M for Avatar & 40M for Avengers: Infinity War respectively. EG has sold a lot more than that but I took only 40M. @Charlie Jatinder  I remember him saying Lumiere calculates it little wrong but whatever.  Also, I know Mojo has a similar problem, but I will give Avatar any advantage it wants. I took a higher one, 89.9M for Avatar.
  2. USA Admission----> Mojo has the admissions at 97.8M for the USA adjusted for Avatar and 93.2M for EG, but just so that no one complains I wanted to take the highest admission, I could found on the Internet. So, nobody complains. www.ultimatemovierankings.com<--- This site says Avatar has 99.6M admissions but it has Endgame at 98.3m too.
  5. SK Admission -------> http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/boxOffice_Yearly.jsp?mode=BOXOFFICE_YEAR
  7. Indonesia-----> 11M for Endgame Admission was reported on the news. Also, I checked the top 40 movies for Indonesia and Avatar was not in that list, the movie on 40th had 2.7M admission and I gave it to Avatar. 
  8. Australia Admission --> In 2009, In a total of 90.7M admission accounted for AU$ 1085m.  Average Ticket prices were AU$ 11.99 in 2009 to AU$13.86 in 2018. So, Avatar which had earned AU$115M ----> 9.6M tickets. Now, EG has earned AUD 80M, so with 14 AUD average price this year-----> 5.72M tickets.

Thailand - EG made 1080M Bahkt, Avg Ticket Price in Thailand is 165, but let's take 180 Bahkt. that gives 6M Tickets. 

Vietnam- EG made 278 B VND, the Average ticket price is 52000 VND. So we get 5.2M tickets.

Philipines - EG earned 1.5 Billion Pesos, the Average ticket price is 265 pesos. It gives-à 5.66m tickets.

So basically the only way to deny that Endgame sold more tickets globally than Avatar is to ignore all the data we have. Obviously we can’t have 100% accurate admission statistics, but when the estimated gap with all countries added in is probably around 100 million between Endgame and Avatar, Endgame absolutely sold more, no debate. Though I’m sure many will still insist otherwise due to alleged biases or whatever. Great analysis!

• Like 8

No, Vietnam number (272B) is wrong. That reported number from BOVN website still lacks at least 31B.

When Disney/CGV made an announcement that EG already crossed $10M = 233B VND there, that website still displayed 202B. I asked them and they said they lost data of some days during the OW (because the website was broken due to high number) and the website also could not get the numbers from other group of minor theaters in the countries. They could not interfere with the system (to add the lost data) too so they just let it be that....

So we can expect 272.9 + ~31 = ~304B VND

25 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Australia   9.6   5.72  
USA   97.8   92.3
SK   13.3   13.9
China   27.6   86.61
Japan   10.1   4.01
India   5.8   23.2
Indonesia   2.7   11.1

256.8   277.64

Thailand - EG made 1080M Bahkt, Avg Ticket Price in Thailand is 165, but let's take 180 Bahkt. that gives 6M Tickets. 

Vietnam- EG made 278 B VND, the Average ticket price is 52000 VND. So we get 5.2M tickets.

Philipines - EG earned 1.5 Billion Pesos, the Average ticket price is 265 pesos. It gives-à 5.66m tickets.

Vietnam is 310B. And ATP is higher than that.