kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

8 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

No, Vietnam number (272B) is wrong. That reported number from BOVN website still lacks at least 31B.

When Disney/CGV made an announcement that EG already crossed $10M = 233B VND there, that website still displayed 202B. I asked them and they said they lost data of some days during the OW (because the website was broken due to high number) and the website also could not get the numbers from other group of minor theaters in the countries. They could not interfere with the system (to add the lost data) too so they just let it be that....

So we can expect 272.9 + ~31 = ~304B VND

I'll try contacting some of my sources to see if i can figure out the accurate one.

16 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Vietnam is 310B. And ATP is higher than that.

I never added Vietnam to the total as I wasn't sure of ATP. So, what is the ATP then? Will the number of admission increase or decrease? Ok,  got the answer.  So, It is still above 4.5M admissions. I took 67.5K ATP & 310B VND is that right?

Edited by Shanks

SK presales shot up to 2200. Not sure, if it's reexpanded there but it's worth noting, presales were around 700 yesterday and ususally this late in a movies run, presales aren't shooting up. This maybe a full concerted effort by Disney to get the record WW.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, druv10 said:

SK presales shot up to 2200. Not sure, if it's reexpanded there but it's worth noting, presales were around 700 yesterday and ususally this late in a movies run, presales aren't shooting up. This maybe a full concerted effort by Disney to get the record WW.

proably be that , or else it is a very big coincedence ;d

9 minutes ago, druv10 said:

when this happened ?

40 minutes ago, druv10 said:

To beat Avatar, we certainly need more than that. Need additional 3mn people to watch the film worldwide, when first run conclude at $2.77 Billion. Out of that 3mn, South Korea will need to contribute in excess of 150k people.

• Like 1

I still don't like that it is just a after credit scence  to promote FFH. Not any additional footage, extended cut for the movie. It will not have the strong effect. Disney maybe don't put all of their effort to  the WW record, they just want to boost FFH.  And it is not sure if this is worldwide or just US.

7 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

I still don't like that it is just a after credit scence  to promote FFH. Not any additional footage, extended cut for the movie. It will not have the strong effect. Disney maybe don't put all of their effort to  the WW record, they just want to boost FFH.  And it is not sure if this is worldwide or just US.

Didn't Feige also say it was also deleted scenes?  Hopefully they're not all Spidey related.

Considering all the B.O. for SM:FFH goes to Sony, if Feige were pushing for it with this release it makes me wonder what Sony gave in return.  Though it's not as if the MCU hasn't been lining Sony's pockets for this entire deal.

26 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Didn't Feige also say it was also deleted scenes?  Hopefully they're not all Spidey related.

Considering all the B.O. for SM:FFH goes to Sony, if Feige were pushing for it with this release it makes me wonder what Sony gave in return.  Though it's not as if the MCU hasn't been lining Sony's pockets for this entire deal.

Do we know that Sony get all of Spidey film's box office. I think there must be some profit sharing if Marvel Studios is producing the films.

39 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Do we know that Sony get all of Spidey film's box office. I think there must be some profit sharing if Marvel Studios is producing the films.

Feige probably personally does as a producer but not Disney or Marvel Studios.  That was the deal for using Spidey in other MCU movies, Sony  gets nothing from AIW or AEG and Marvel gains with a boost to Spider-Man merchandise which they own.  

Edit:  Just recalled that there may be milestone bonuses paid to Marvel/ Disney for SM films

https://variety.com/2015/film/news/details-spider-man-appear-in-sony-and-marvel-movies-1201429039/

There may be some opportunities for Marvel to benefit financially from the Sony films, with payments tied to certain box office milestones. The financial relationship is likened by sources to the kind of compensation structure a producer would receive.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, druv10 said:

South Korea makes perfect sense to do it there.

2 hours ago, PKMLover said:

Is the bolded part official ? To make it more precise, do we have an official statement that it's post credits scene to promote FFH ? I'm asking this cause I've red the opposite. Text below is simply me expressing my opinion and predictions and not adressed to you(to prevent any confusion who am I adressing 🙂 ).

Now to express my opinion about this expansion.

Let's be realistic here, this expansion will be most successful in US. I'm willing to bet that it would be opposite of WW total 30%(US):70%(rest of the world) with vast majority of money coming from US . By the way I don't think that this expansion will be worldwide. Only major markets like Brazil, UK, South Korea will have it. Evidence for this so far is the fact that my country Serbia won't have the expansion. Things might change during the week, but I'm not optimistic. Media mentioned that Endgame will have an expansion, but so far no news about expansion here.

Also important thing to note is the fact that this will be a one weekend boost, at best we could see some week to week growth (fro example growth on 1st July compared to 24th June).  So good marketing in the upcoming days will be crucial. Cause depending on the quality marketing we might get weekend gross which will bring Endgame slightly below Avatar to some absolutely astonishing and ridiculous numbers. And by ridiculous I mean truly ridiculous 🙂 . Somebody mentioned here 3b again, theoretically it might happen 🙂 . But for that to have even 0.00000000000001% of a chance number of theaters in which it will have projection must increase to early numbers. And for a single weekend(might go a full week following 28th June) it's an achivable thing. Since competiton except Aladdin is very week (basicly every blockbuster movie flopped), and even Aladdin is exausting it's engine and it's a Disney film. So there is time and space and possibility for Endgame to make one last trick(pun intended) and show 🙂 . Call me crazy, an idiot and make any other insult you can come up with, but if Disney(the current Juggernaut and Behemoth of movie industry) manages to make a dramatic screen number increase to a first week levels in US even 350 million weekend might have a chance(I know it's an you_should_get_help , you_should_be_banned_from_box_office_projection_profession_for_a_lifetime, but in theory it could happen) 🙂 . To repeat myself again, US expansion will be the main driving force here. About projection my wild guess was 30 million weekend in US and when I did some calculation it proved that it wasn't that wild after all. Let me show you but only for the US.

By Box Office Mojo Endgame is currently being shown in 1450 theaters in US. If we asume that the number won't drop due to expansion next week and stay the same(also no increase in screen numbers) and asume it will show in one lounge/room/auditorium(which I asume is the current situation around the world) for 2-3 times a day during 28th, 29th and 30th June we can get following numbers. I also use the size of largest movie room/lounge/auditorium/screen(I don't know exact word) in Cineplexx multiplex in my city which has 301 seats and let's round it on 300 seats. I'll asume that each theater out of 1450 will have a projection atended by 300 people(so full auditorium/screen/room/lounge) when Endgame expansion premiers. Given the sizes of some screens in US my calc might even be a lowballing, cause I asume that for the period of 28th-30th of June Endgame will at least be transfered from smaller screens to larger (even if number of screens stays the same) and have full multiplexes of people going to see Endgame. Also I'll use an average tickest price(by Mojo it's 9.01$) in US so no Imax prices, which again might be a lowballing. Ok let's make the calc.

For 2 showing per day we get: 1450 x 2(number of showings) x 3(for all 3 days) x 300 x 9.01 = 23 516 100 $

For 3 showings per day we get: 1450 x 3 x 3 x 300 x 9.01 = 35 274 150

Since Friday, Saturday and Sunday won't be all equal let's round it up on lower end 20 millions for 2 showings per day and 30 millions for 3 showings.

Even if increase in number of screen is unlikely i think it's safe to asume that screen number won't drop the following week and since we will have a sort of mini premier 2-3 daily showings are very plausible. Since later night you can have 2 showings in separate screens and one more before the earlier of the two. Or in 3 screens per multiplex in same time. There are many scenarios. Anyway 3 screens garanties the WW crown for sure and i think Disney won't go lower than this, this asuming my projection and not counting possibly (far) more people per theater.

So on the 1st of July, by mine scenario we can have 2754b(by 27th of June including also international, since number will probably be lower by Mojo and other for having only US values) + 30 million weekend (3 showings) + 10 million for the rest of the world = 2794b  and second scenario 2754 + 20 million + 7 million = 2781b by July the 1st.

Anyway disregarding my scenario as complete nonsense I still asume over 2780b by July . Closer to 2785b than to 2780b. And I think US alone can push it there. Rest of the world added, well as I said, for that weekend probably US will cotribute with majority, so 10m from the rest of the world. Even if everything of that flops and US underperforms from my projection I still see gross close to 2785 by July. Cause numbers add up and number of screens won't decrease, might even increase and auditoiums will probably be full of people for that weekennd. It's obvious that this, even with current marketing, will skyrocket for the 28th-30th June weekend and I bet that Feige and Disney are also counting on that. Since it's obvious this only has one weekend chance to give a "little or big" push .

To everyone sorry for the wall of text 🙂 .

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1