kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

As long as it can reach a slightly higher number with actuals this is good, especially because the re-release and Spider-Man are coming up. Without those I’m guessing it would be good for about $5 million more overseas, $10 million or a bit more domestic. So like we’ve said, a natural finish of $2.765 billion to $2.770 billion.

• Like 1

I can’t believe people are trying to set up the narrative that Avatar’s first run is bigger if Endgame does not pass $2.755 billion before the new version releases. It is not even a re-release, still in theaters and the core film is unchanged, just post-credits stuff. Additionally, it already passed the $2.749 billion figure and would easily pass $2.755 billion in the near future on its own by ten million or more.

2 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Is the original run for Avatar 2.49B or 2.55B? Wikipedia is confusing.

2.749. Little over 5m was earned internationaly in years 2011-2019

edit: we both missed the number 7 🙂

Edited by JimiQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Is the original run for Avatar 2.749B or 2.755B? Wikipedia is confusing.

It's spelled out, not confusing

By the end of its first theatrical release

Avatar had grossed $749,766,139 in the U.S. and Canada, and $1,999,298,189 in other territories, for a worldwide total of $2,749,064,328

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(2009_film)#Box_office

This record is too unknown to really care about. Some say it came from the original run internationally after the Special Edition released, others say it is internationally over many years. Endgame isn’t even re-releasing and if you want to draw a line in the sand then I guess even if that money came from Avatar’s original run, it does not count as the Special Edition had already been released. We can’t even all agree upon a number, so who cares? If Endgame beats Avatar’s total no one will care about this either way.

10 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

But we have 2787- 33.2 (re-release) = 2.754...

So another 5m come from? Also from re-release?

international release here and there? for example I remember vaguely korea has avatar number in 2018

either way why should we pay attention to 2.479 or 2.755? Endgame will pass these two numbers unassisted.

Edited by Heroicpiglet

9 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

international release here and there? for example I remember vaguely korea has avatar number in 2018

either way why should we pay attention to 2.479 or 2.755? Endgame will pass these two numbers unassisted.

It’s just that some people are trying to saying Avatar’s first run is bigger if Endgame does not pass $2.755 billion by the time this new version releases. Even though there are two contested figures and this is not even a re-release as it is just bonus content post-credits and the film is still very much in theaters.

First run for Avatar was $2.749 billion, that's the actual number, everything else is bullshit. The $5 extra million that don't quite add up for some came after the re-release, 2011 and on, as Avatar has been playing here and there around the world on special occasions, still making money.

Even without this push Endgame would have reached at the very least 2.762 billion on its own, so there's really no point in arguing over what's what, and honestly I don't see anyone doing that, just a couple trying to defend something that is not even being talked about. But I digress, depending how big a push this will be (I still refuse to call this a re-release, I mean come on, it's not, that's just marketing talk and we should know better than to call it that) it can add from 5 to 15 million more, so there's a scenario in which Endgame could finish its first run within $10 million of the current WW record. I'd call that a HUGE win considering at one point 2-3 weeks ago even 2.75 billion was in doubt. What Disney decide to do after that remains to be seen.

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

So. . . . The movie should end up with $842M neighbourhood domestic (which I've predicted in late May) and around $1.92B overseas. = $2.762B worldwide. Let see how much this non-re-release will help.

1 minute ago, Juby said:

So. . . . The movie should end up with $842M neighbourhood domestic (which I've predicted in late May) and around $1.92B overseas. = $2.762B worldwide. Let see how much this non-re-release will help.

Yeah..... i think it will finish in the range 2760-2765 without this "re-release"