kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

11 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Domestic market:

That comment by AMC that they expect most “new” showtimes to be up by the end of the day on Tuesday sounds good for Endgame. I read that as them saying new showtimes are being added, which would signal more theaters and screens for it to be played on than currently. Of course we don’t know how much more, but that comment signals an increase imo.

13 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Wow you guys are really optimistic. I'm expecting just 7M global this weekend and already feel like it's a lot. 

however i think that this will help not only this weekend, but it will help the movie to make more money than it would have done by itself, i dont believe that this will be for one weekend, as i think that it will have a good weekend, and then it will keep it in theaters like a normal run, so if by itself the movie will do 10, now it will do 15 after this weekend

A lot of hot air and nothing more. EG even without a re-release was heading towards 2.760-2.765. This is going to add ~$10m on top of that but still fall below the all time record.

What EG will have is the all time #1 WW record in a single run. Overall WW ain't happening.

• Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, unitedkush said:

A lot of hot air and nothing more. EG even without a re-release was heading towards 2.760-2.765. This is going to add ~$10m on top of that but still fall below the all time record.

I don't really feel this is going to be enough to surpass Avatar either. However, one thing they could do is use this to close in the distance and do another more formal re-release in a few months, that will probably do it. Question is whether the intention is there, if this one doesn't get it there, doing another re-release can look kind of bad, so whether the desire for the spot is strong enough plays a role here.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, john2000 said:

however i think that this will help not only this weekend, but it will help the movie to make more money than it would have done by itself, i dont believe that this will be for one weekend, as i think that it will have a good weekend, and then it will keep it in theaters like a normal run, so if by itself the movie will do 10, now it will do 15 after this weekend

All of the major cinemas around me in Sheffield (UK) are showing it Friday to Monday and then dropping it in time for Spider-Man on Tuesday.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

All of the major cinemas around me in Sheffield (UK) are showing it Friday to Monday and then dropping it in time for Spider-Man on Tuesday.

So it will dissapear completely after next monday? Or there will still be screens for it then? 

32 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I don't really feel this is going to be enough to surpass Avatar either. However, one thing they could do is use this to close in the distance and do another more formal re-release in a few months, that will probably do it. Question is whether the intention is there, if this one doesn't get it there, doing another re-release can look kind of bad, so whether the desire for the spot is strong enough plays a role here.

from the moment that they started it, they will finish it, we can speculate all we want, but until we hear something for disney, we wont know the scope of the re release, it could make 5 mill weekend to 10 mill weekend from os alone, for all we know, we are in an uncharted territoy here, however if the re release, fails if you will, the movie will fall short at most 10 mill short, they will not leave it like that, but at the same time as you said a second re release will look kind of bad, so maby they will make sure it passes avatar this time, so both are very valid arguements though

I asked around and I've read from more than one source that this is indeed a limited time event, which I find silly, but whatever. In some countries it might be longer, but in the US it is supposed to be only 4 days, Friday to Monday. I guess they're trying to create demand for it by making it a limited time event, so maybe if they advertise this detail (that it is a limited event) than we could see even bigger numbers than expected (normal expectations, you know, 7-9 million WW, not 15 what I read from some). So maybe it does get to 10, which could ultimately push the movie to a final total of about 2.775 billion, maybe even 2.778.

There's also the possibility of them extending it if it's popular, wouldn't be the first time a limited time event is extended. A lot of questions and not many answers for now, so definitely something to look forward to this weekend.

Infinity War got within 20 million of The Force Awakens and now it looks like Endgame will get within 20 million of Avatar. 

Just now, AlexMA said:

I asked around and I've read from more than one source that this is indeed a limited time event, which I find silly, but whatever. In some countries it might be longer, but in the US it is supposed to be only 4 days, Friday to Monday. I guess they're trying to create demand for it by making it a limited time event, so maybe if they advertise this detail (that it is a limited event) than we could see even bigger numbers than expected (normal expectations, you know, 7-9 million WW, not 15 what I read from some). So maybe it does get to 10, which could ultimately push the movie to a final total of about 2.775 billion, maybe even 2.778.

There's also the possibility of them extending it if it's popular, wouldn't be the first time a limited time event is extended. A lot of questions and not many answers for now, so definitely something to look forward to this weekend.

Infinity War got within 20 million of The Force Awakens and now it looks like Endgame will get within 20 million of Avatar. 

the difference is that endgame will pass avatar, one way or another

7 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

So after 4 days (friday to next monday), it will be immediately dissapear or there will still be screens for it after that time?

Just now, PKMLover said:

So after 4 days (friday to next monday), it will be immediately dissapear or there will still be screens for it after that time?

your answer, we dont know officially, but it seems that way, however we dont know in what countries this will apply

Just now, john2000 said:

the difference is that endgame will pass avatar, one way or another

Maybe it will, maybe it won't, depends what Disney plan to do with the $10-15 million remaining to the record. I still say this is not getting a proper re-release after the current run ends, so if it does get there it will have to be in the next 2-3 months.

Right now it's clear you're a lot more confident of that happening than I am, but I'll give you this, I'm starting to turn around. This is about as good a shot as the movie will ever have, and it's not like it's a shot in the dark.

Now watch Endgame finish with "only" 2.77 billion despite all this hubbub because I'm finally starting to get some of that long forgotten hope back, because of course that would happen the second I'm starting to believe. And really that's what's making me apprehensive, and nowhere near as certain as you are. I really don't want to feel disappointed about a damn 2.77 billion run... I mean how stupid would that be? But if I start to believe again and it still falls short... yeah.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

So it will dissapear completely after next monday? Or there will still be screens for it then? 

Not necessarily, I suppose it depends on how well it does over the weekend. But if you’re wanting to make sure you see it, I’d make time this weekend. Personally I’d be surprised if it sets the world on fire, once word gets out properly about what the 6 minutes of footage contains I’d be surprised if it was much of a draw.

From Disney’s perspective, if this doesn’t push it over Avatar (and honestly, I doubt it will) I’d be surprised if they made another push, purely because I’d imagine they’d rather market Avatar 2 as “the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time”. Saying that has more of a ring to it than “the sequel to the second highest grossing film of all time”.