kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

26 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

mehh, what an embarrassing truck of reasons. The only concrete evident is Paramount with Transformers 4 or 5 and that's it. 

Yeah. I find spreading that sort of misinformation, just so you can feel better about your prediction not coming true, to be in really bad taste and really rather embarrassing. 

21 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

What fudge?

They just updated the unreported gross of international market, which many users here were expecting for their territories. If there was anything fishy, other studio will call out.

Even domestic number, were off comScore for last week, this week its back to normal as they reported unreported gross of around $600k.

Thank you very much for your input Charlie, I appreciate it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It is sort of ironical that despite being the weakest all time grosser, Avatar held the record for very long time. 

I know yada yada trending yada yada but of course it needed to trend to be biggest because it opened low. Low in the sense not a big opener.

This also tells how weak films were during last 10 years with finally Infinity War beating the admissions of Avatar and Endgame beating gross.

Geez what an shitty post from you charlie. You are trying with the yadas childishly dismissing a nearly 10x multiplier after an 77m opening from a  movie prople thought could became a giant bomn, because it didnt open high, you have to be kidding me.

Your argument that films in the last decade were weak is just unfounded. In the highest grossing movie list are Avatar and Titanic the only ones from before 2010 in the top 10. In the top 50 - 4 are from 1990 - 2000, 6 are from 2000-2010 and 40 of them are from 2010-2019.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 5

7 minutes ago, Coldbird said:

Geez what an shitty post from you charlie. You are trying with the yadas childishly dismissing a nearly 10x multiplier after an 77m opening from a  movie prople thought could became a giant bomn, because it didnt open high, you have to be kidding me.

Your argument that films in the last decade were weak is just unfounded. In the highest grossing movie list are Avatar and Titanic the only ones from before 2010 in the top 10. In the top 50 - 4 are from 1990 - 2000, 6 are from 2000-2010 and 40 of them are from 2010-2019.

I think that charlie means that IW and EG showed us that the worldwide market has the ability to acheive high numbers above 2 billion and this was only acheived by TFA 

• Like 1

I think movie makers should study IW.EG double to know what was special about them.

These numbers from india are insane

Highest Single Days in India for Hollywood

1. Avengers: Endgame: ₹63.83cr (Friday)
  2. Avengers: Endgame: ₹63cr (Sunday)
  3. Avengers: Endgame: ₹62.22cr (Saturday)
  4. Avengers: Infinity War: ₹42cr (Sunday)
  5. Avengers: Infinity War: ₹40.49cr (Friday)
  6. Avengers: Infinity War: ₹39.42cr (Saturday)
  7. Avengers: Endgame: ₹37.05cr (Monday)
  8. Avengers: Endgame: ₹33.97cr (Wednesday)
  9. Avengers: Endgame: ₹31.11cr (Tuesday)
  10. The Lion King: ₹28.75cr (Sunday)
  11. Avengers: Infinity War: ₹26.55cr (Tuesday)
  12. Avengers: Infinity War: ₹26.29cr (Monday)
  13. Avengers: Endgame: ₹25.93cr (2nd Sunday)
  14. The Jungle Book: ₹22.94cr (Sunday)
  15. The Lion King: ₹22.88cr (Saturday)

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, Moses said:

I think that charlie means that IW and EG showed us that the worldwide market has the ability to acheive high numbers above 2 billion and this was only acheived by TFA 

3 movies from 2015-2019 reached over 2b and 2 movies from 1997-2009, so how does that proves charlies point that the last decade was so weak?

Lion king getting another spot in the top 10 or top 15, is again an argument against charlies try to dismiss avatar "with the last decade was so weak".

Edited by Coldbird

1 minute ago, Coldbird said:

3 movies from 2015-2019 reached over 2b and 2 movies from 1997-2009, so how does that proves charlies point that the last decade was so weak?

Lion king getting another spot in the top 10 or top 15, is again an argument against charlies try to dismiss avatar "with the last decade was so weak".

IW and EG are among these 3 movies😁😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Coldbird said:

In the highest grossing movie list are Avatar and Titanic the only ones from before 2010 in the top 10. In the top 50 - 4 are from 1990 - 2000, 6 are from 2000-2010 and 40 of them are from 2010-2019

How many are there adjusted for inflation?

On 7/12/2019 at 11:35 PM, PKMLover said:

I dont know about everywhere but in my country, the average ticket price for Avatar 9-10 years ago is still higher than the average ticket price today. 

• Inflation vs exhange rate
  • market expansion vs leisure/entertainment choices explosion (movie-going is diminishing)
  • advantage of end of era of epic 23 movies story-telling (build-up and pay-off) vs disadvantage of barrier of getting in to cinematic world for late comers

Fans from both sides can debate ad nauseum along these lines for years to come. Fan wars thread is forever alive.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Moses said:

IW and EG are among these 3 movies😁😁

So lets summarize the argumentation: Avatar is an weak records holder, no movie until 2019 came close to Avatar, so that means the movies which came out after avatar were just weak.

This only makes sense if you ignore how dominated the highest grossing movies list from movie of the last decade and you already agree with the sentiement that avatar is a weak movie. Thats just stupid.

Its just insane that Endgames number is used as an argument that the last decade was so weak box office wise just so people can avoid giving Avatar props for holding the title so long.

• Thanks 1