kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

29 minutes ago, Tag 2 said:

I found some data,before Titanic,highest grossing film in Brazil only gross R15m,when Titanic release in Brazil,it break Brazil box offoce record and gross R75m,so Titanic definitely more popular in Brazil.

And worldwide,Titanic break 57 markets box office record,and beat Hollywood film record in india.

EG beat 18 markets box office record.

Yes , Titanic’s run was very impressive indeed. We all know and acknowledge its achievements . Now , EG is the king and I ask you this one thing : would you want to do the same ?? to acknowledge and give EG some props for becoming the new WW king instead of just writing some Titanic chitchat and derailing the EG thread ? To stop all your fucking bullshit ???  

If you can , then we’re all good and this thread will be fresh again. But if you can’t, please get the fuck out of this thread , create a new thread about your fucking discussion or go to time machine just so you could live in the past where Titanic still the king. It’s a win win solution. We could talk peacefully and you can live happily ever after your Titanic.

edit : He’s banned. Just Ignore this post.

Edited by Claudio

8 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Maybe for some here of interest...

In Germany we us comma and dots in the opposite way as in the US

1950 it went upwards, the worst of the war aftermaths was done

1956 = 817.5m admissions, the highest recorded after the war

~ 1960 television started here to have an impact, 10 years after the first station opened people bought in high numbers TV (prices got more reasonable, people were back from earning to survive / rebuild to actually having some spending money). Cinema admissions down down down, beside the population increased and the people earn enough spending money for a cinema. But also for computers, consoles, games, smartphones, home theatres, music, travelling, high quality food, 3rd car for a family,....

'80/'90 home video starts to have an impact (VHS developed in 1976 in Japan)

Population increased from ~ 64m after the war to ~ 72m in 1960

Today its ~ 83m.

Last year was still a bad year....

Only to show why a sole 'but the population increased!' argument is not making a lot of sense.

I am getting so tired of those 'need to find anything to bring not needed comparisons' into a movies OS thread

This, thank you very much

I also read an article about the movie going experience in Germany and how it decreased drastically through the years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

FFS its like you people have no self control whatsoever. An obvious alt or a movie fanatic comes in here and derails the thread and you people are all too happy to indulge in off topic back and forth arguments that has happened for fucking forever and that leads nowhere, instead of doing the right thing and ignore the trolls and report them for derailing. 

But but but we have to get to that 357 page so :shades:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nero said:

But but but we have to get to that 357 page so :shades:

nope, to reach such a page count only per filling the pages with such kind of posts...

= not right, and annoying in my POV

13 minutes ago, Nero said:

So I'm ignore :ph34r:

its a saying, like to use that possibility more, it helps.

I added that last new one on my ignore list too

I am already on page 2 since a time with the ignore list here at BOT. Quite a lot of those are fans of movies I actually love, but the 'fans' are behaving too much like trolls.

At other boards/forums I very rarely have anyone or maybe more than one on my ignore list.

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

nope, to reach such a page count only per filling the pages with such kind of posts...

= not right, and annoying in my POV

its a saying, like to use that possibility more, it helps.

I added that last new one on my ignore list too

I am already on page 2 since a time with the ignore list here at BOT. Quite a lot of those are fans of movies I actually love, but the 'fans' are behaving too much like trolls.

At other boards/forums I very rarely have anyone or maybe more than one on my ignore list.

I know I was just joking. :)

• Astonished 2

9 hours ago, Zatt was right said:

Checking in to say I'm not dead. Currently, channeling my inner Tony Stark and partying hard.

BhKoGGQ.jpg

"As you can see, I am not dead!" Thinking of it, that’s basically what Endgame said to Avatar late in its run lmao.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/31/2019 at 2:16 AM, Tag 2 said:

Yes,you are right,so there is no competition bewteen a movie which from two different,Titanic beat Chile box office record,EG did it too.In my country China,Titanic beat box office record,EG take the third place,after WW2  and The wandering earth.

Titanic was seen by 10,5 % of Chilean population in 1998, Endgame was seen by 16% of Chilean population in 2019. (And by % of total population Titanic is beaten by basically every N°1 in existence in this country, so try again)

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, druv10 said:

With the latest daily gross, AEG total is up to $857.190M. Meaning it has passed $500M after the OW. Joining SW7, Avatar and Titanic as the only movies to do that post OW!

Quite the achievement.  It is also an interesting discussion point regarding legs.  This movie made more money after opening weekend than all but 3 films, yet it is criticized for having mediocre legs because legs are typically judged by the multiplier of the opening weekend.  I'm not saying that this measure is bad, but it doesn't tell the whole story.

In cases where there is a huge must see factor or spoiler concern, maybe it is good to look at the post opening weekend gross just as much as the multiplier.  If we were to take this to an absurd conclusion, a movie that grossed 500 million in its first weekend and then 950 million afterwards (more than any movie ever) would be considered to have poor legs despite making more money than any movie ever after opening weekend.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sanderson said:

Quite the achievement.  It is also an interesting discussion point regarding legs.  This movie made more money after opening weekend than all but 3 films, yet it is criticized for having mediocre legs because legs are typically judged by the multiplier of the opening weekend.  I'm not saying that this measure is bad, but it doesn't tell the whole story.

In cases where there is a huge must see factor or spoiler concern, maybe it is good to look at the post opening weekend gross just as much as the multiplier.  If we were to take this to an absurd conclusion, a movie that grossed 500 million in its first weekend and then 950 million afterwards (more than any movie ever) would be considered to have poor legs despite making more money than any movie ever after opening weekend.

Can I borrow your comment to post it somewhere else?