kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

On 8/23/2019 at 7:09 PM, titanic2187 said:

Indian film industry is such a crucial piece of art and culture to the world.

It isn't substandard film industry, in fact it represent the Indian culture and their way of demonstrating visual art deeply that I have my high respect to indian film industry. Indian really use their visual style to stand out as a notable civilisation..       

Indian films are pure shite, embarrassingly shite

6 hours ago, Chucky said:

Indian films are pure shite, embarrassingly shite

Oh please. Trolling has its limits. See there are bad movies but saying Indian films are shite is the stupid mentality and pure ignorance... I can name you at least 10 movies which are way better than some Oscar winner movies from India. Don't be so ignorant

• Like 3

Mark made a summary page for A:EG like ones he made before for Titanic/Avatar to show how things progressed since release:

After "the time after Titanic" and "the time after Avatar" I prepared "the time after Avengers: Endgame".

Out of 40 listed countries, Avengers was already passed in 19 countries, 13x by The Lion King, 4x by Toy Story 4 and once each by Aladdin and a local production...*

http://www.insidekino.com/BO/Avengers.htm

*to be precise: In three countries Avengers was passed by more than one movie...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jiffy said:

Mark made a summary page for A:EG like ones he made before for Titanic/Avatar to show how things progressed since release:

After "the time after Titanic" and "the time after Avatar" I prepared "the time after Avengers: Endgame".

Out of 40 listed countries, Avengers was already passed in 19 countries, 13x by The Lion King, 4x by Toy Story 4 and once each by Aladdin and a local production...*

http://www.insidekino.com/BO/Avengers.htm

*to be precise: In three countries Avengers was passed by more than one movie...

It seems like Endgame sold 90M tickets domestically? Idk if that's factoring in 3D prices and all that.

On 8/28/2019 at 7:47 PM, Nero said:

Oh please. Trolling has its limits. See there are bad movies but saying Indian films are shite is the stupid mentality and pure ignorance... I can name you at least 10 movies which are way better than some Oscar winner movies from India. Don't be so ignorant

I hope someone reported him, that surpasses the limits in my POV, but as I have him/her on ignore I can‘t do it, and see that kind of tasteless worded ‚opinion’ only per quotes

• Like 1

Anyone know where can I check the Southeast Asia box office? 11 countries in total. Thanks.

For Endgame, I only have data for the big 6 in this region.

Indonesia: 34.7

Philippin: 32.8

Thailand: 27

Malaysia: 21

Singapore: 14.3

Vietnam: 12.26

Total: 142

There are other 5: Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Brunei and Timor Leste.

Dont know if it already passed 150 or not.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/james-camerons-reaction-to-avatar-losing-box-office-crown-relief-1202731591/

“It gives me a lot of hope,” Cameron told Deadline. “Avengers: Endgame is demonstrable proof that people will still go to movie theaters. The thing that scared me most about making Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 was that the market might have shifted so much that it simply was no longer possible to get people that excited about going and sitting in a dark room with a bunch of strangers to watch something.”

The marketplace was a far different one in October 2010 when the Avatar sequels were announced with target release dates in 2014 and 2015 and a story that would dive beneath the waves of Pandora’s alien oceans

Nice article. One of the achievement of Endgame is to pull people to cinema nowadays. 

• Like 1

@Zatt was right I just saw your post Zatt, sorry for the delayed response! Multiple people have already said that you are the only one who can do it after getting James Gunn back and making Endgame No 1. I mentioned you in my post about Endgame ending its box office run:

What an incredible run! It also spawned a number of really funny threads which I revisit every time I need a good laugh. Let's pour one out for Zatt, he believed Endgame could beat Avatar and never wavered.

I know you'll get Spidey back Zatt! I believe!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

So it's finished just domestically or has it all finished internationally too?

17 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Domestic always runs longer. So yes, it's done.

Completely inaccurate. OS almost always runs longer. For instance Infinity War ended the same week domestically but continued making pennies until January of the next year OS. Endgame made a small amount OS last weekend after it was out of theaters DOM.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2019 at 12:01 AM, Thanos Legion said:

Completely inaccurate. OS almost always runs longer. For instance Infinity War ended the same week domestically but continued making pennies until January of the next year OS. Endgame made a small amount OS last weekend after it was out of theaters DOM.

Is it something to do with accounting thing/repatriation of revenue from OS, or is it really due to continual theatrical run in OS?

5 minutes ago, justvision said:

Is it something to do with accounting thing/repatriation of revenue from OS, or is it really due to continual theatrical run in OS?

Rth, Jat, Olive, etc, would be able to give you an even firmer answer, but I’m pretty sure it’s actual continued play in a very small number of theaters.

Edited by Thanos Legion

2 hours ago, Gokai Red said:

So we'll probably get an update in a few months that's over 1.94B OS?

If I remember correctly, Infnity War had its final update sometime in December 2018. I imagine EG will find a few million somewhere to get over $2.8 billion.