kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Endgame's run in Vietnam has been an absolute madness. In an entire week of release, it has never gone below 90% occupancy rate of the market. 

The OW was lower than i expected from presales. However, when i look into the daily numbers, it seems that each single day has reached maximum capacity of around 32-35B VND. 

The 3-day OW (with previews) is $4.8M (+90% previous record), however we have 3 extra holiday weekdays, essentially makes it a 7-day OW. 

Projection

Thurs (13B) ($0.56M)
1st 
weekend
Fri (30.7B) ($1.32M) => 43.7B
Sat (35B) ($1.5M) => 78.7B
Sun (33.7B) ($1.45M) => 112.4B
weekdays
Mon (32.1B) ($1.38M) => 144.5B
Tue (32.5B) ($1.4M) => 177B
Wed (32B) ($1.38M) => 209B
Thu (18B) ($0.78M) => 227B

2nd 
weekend (28B) ($1.2M) => 255B
Fri (0B) <= National Funeral
Sat (0B) <= National Funeral
Sun (28B) (pending demand)
weekdays (30B) ($1.29M) => 285B

3rd - Pikachu Week
weekend (25B) ($1.08M)=> 310B
weekdays (10B) => 320B
4th 

weekend (10B) => 330B

weekdays (4B) => 334B
5th (6B) => 340B

Final: 345B VND - $14M  (+80% previous all-time record of 192B VND - $8.3M)

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 3

Hmmm...

Updated weekend opening for EG in Indonesia : $15.4M

Total After Monday collection : $17.6M

Which means : $2.2M Monday

Previous record opening day before EG : CM with $2.2M on Wednesday before holiday.

So yeah , EG made as much as CM first day which itself was a record opening day  on a freaking non holiday Monday and on its sixth day of release.

My country doesn’t disappoint, after all..

Edited by Claudio
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 6

I was wondering about Indonesia's relatively subdued increase over IW (24%).  Could that just be because there literally wasn't enough theater capacity to increase more than that?  Because Monday matching the pre-Endgame OD record is just ridiculous even by Endgame standards, but you might expect that if capacity was really limiting the OW.

Edited by IceFire9yt

37 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Here's Monday figures.

LOL at Indonesia's Monday number matching CM's OD which broke the OD record. And this shows that the reports saying $2.5M OD for Endgame was wrong and massively underestimated. Anyone has the actual OD in Indonesia? It was supposed to be around $4m, but I've never seen any official reports about it.

• Astonished 1

17 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Through Sunday...

China - $330m
UK - $56m

South Korea - $47.4m
Australia - $31m
Japan - $13.1m

Thanks Venom. Wait why is Japan's num looking so low. How good was that opening and please don't feast on my brain.😁😁😨

Heard your venom movie is getting 2 sequels btw 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Thanks Venom. Wait why is Japan's num looking so low. How good was that opening and please don't feast on my brain.😁😁😨

Heard your venom movie is getting 2 sequels btw 👍

Japan openings are smaller in general (record is below $19m) and SH movies aren't super popular. Endgame opened 44% higher than Infinity War though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IceFire9yt said:

I was wondering about Indonesia's relatively subdued increase over IW (24%).  Could that just be because there literally wasn't enough theater capacity to increase more than that?  Because Monday matching the pre-Endgame OD record is just ridiculous even by Endgame standards, but you might expect that if capacity was really limiting the OW.

Definitely the capacity. Unlike other markets , Indonesia doesn't add many theaters too often. I don't have any data but just guessing maybe 2-5 theaters being added every year. Also , Indonesia only has around 2,000 theaters across the country of 250 million people and most are located in urban area which mean that not just the OW that's limited but also the full box office potential.

Previous OW record holder , IW already played at very nearly max capacity ( not much room to grow , really ). That EG 24% jump mostly caused by 24 hr showing by 1 cinema chain and weird showtimes like 5AM start (first time in forever ) , and 12-2AM start by other major cinema chains.

Edited by Claudio

2 hours ago, IceFire9yt said:

Where did you get 24%? EG's OW in Indonesia was 35% higher than IW's OW. That's a pretty huge increase, considering IW was already huge, breaking OW record by almost the same percentage last year. You do have a point about not having enough theater though. I think EG has reach a maximum capacity of theaters in Indonesia, or close to that.

Edited by catlover

21 minutes ago, catlover said:

Where did you get 24%? EG's OW in Indonesia was 35% higher than IW's OW. That's a pretty huge increase, considering IW was already huge, breking OW record by almost the same percentage last year. You do have a point about not having enough theater though. I think EG has reach a maximum capacity of theaters in Indonesia, or close to that.

I was basing that off of this post.  Looks like it was updated with actuals, though, thanks!

The all-time worldwide record is the target for EG IMO and I bet it gets there comfortably. To get the record, EG needs to increase 36.1% over IW.

DOM OW was 38.5% higher.

OS (excluding China & Russia) OW was 40% higher.

Now $600M in China is a lock (which is 60% higher than IW). So even after allowing for slightly worse legs in DOM and OS-C, WW record should be achieved.

Current projections:

DOM: 900M (32.5% increase from IW)

OS-C: 1325M (33.2% increase from IW)

CHN: 625M

TOTAL: 2850M

Next record in line would be all time domestic record (38% increase from IW). So that would require same legs as IW.

And the final record that is achievable is $3B WW, which would require slightly better legs than IW. Breakup would be something like:

DOM: 950M (40% increase)

OS-C: 1400M (40.8% increase)

CHN: 650M

1B DOM (47.3% increase from IW) is a bit too far IMO.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 4