kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

47 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

If EG can pass Titanic this easily, I wonder why the other films had such a hard time to even come close to Titanic in the past 22 years

Titanic was and today is still a great film.... It's probably the best romance movie I've seen and liked... God I love this film to death.. You know Titanic should have been no.1 rather than Avatar... Also Titanic movie's run was extraordinary those legs.... Other thing to consider is it grossed almost 150M in re-release that tells what a great movie it is. So to beat Titanic which was loved by everyone there has to be some movie with that much hype... TFA and IW came close but those movies weren't liked as much as Endgame... Endgame is what you call finale peak hype nothing comes close and it shows 357M OW...  1.2B WW on OW. . Those numbers alone tell what a monster Endgame is..... 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

If EG can pass Titanic this easily, I wonder why the other films had such a hard time to even come close to Titanic in the past 22 years

Titanic and Avatar were in a league of their own. Now the league is Endgame, Avatar, Titanic. Exposing normal movies to their towering standard is just cruel 😛 

Also just as an update for Belgium:

Spoiler

De nieuwste ‘Avengers’-film heeft van woensdag tot zondagavond 134.000 bezoekers naar de Kinepolis-bioscopen gelokt. De film zorgde zo voor de beste box office-opening ooit voor de bioscoopgroep, meldt Kinepolis maandag in een persbericht.

Basicly mean that in the Biggest Chain in Belgium (Kinepolis) it sold 134k tickets from Wed to Sun, EG had the biggest boxoffice weekend ever in Kineplis. (This would mean $1.7m in this chain alone).

Now the good news was I went to see te movie yesterday the screening was fully sold out 430/430 at peak hour (7.30pm)

Today the showing in 1.5 hours has been completely sold out 172/172. The bigger screen 30 min later 548/548 also completely sold out.

The screens tonight aren't sold out yet but yesterday my screening 5h before wasn't sold out yet but walk up fill them most of the time. 

The one at 16pm Imax is also sold out, another 536/550 seats sold (will run full with walk ups obv 😛 ) 

Btw it's now 00.21 pm in Belgium. Today might get close to it's OD numbers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

The other films, even when huge blockbusters, weren't totally abnormal. Endgame is on a different solar system. Avatar was on another galaxy.

Titanic was a totally different universe.

• Like 3

Some more weekend details, see admissions and % of A IW finals.

plus China and Italy

Noch nicht offiziell: AVENGERS - ENDGAME spielt am heutigen Tag der Arbeit in China etwa $75 Mio. ein und schraubt dort das Gesamtergebnis auf $460 Mio. in acht Tagen hoch...

Translated from German by 

Not yet official: AVENGERS-ENDGAME is entering about $75 million in China today's Labor Day, where it raises its total result to $460 million in eight days ...

Italien: Sieben Tage haben genügt, damit AVENGERS - ENDGAME mit 2.680.051 Besuchern (€20.233.217) das Endergebnis von INFINITY WAR (2.645.814/€18.777.826) schlägt...

Italy: Seven days have been enough for AVENGERS-ENDGAME to € beat the final result of INFINITY WAR (2.645.814/€ 18.777.826) with 2.680.051 visitors (20.233.217) ...

1. Brasilien: AVENGERS - ENDGAME schafft mit 5.485.787 Besuchern den besten Start aller Zeiten (bei Pulverisierung des alten Rekords) und hat 38 % des Endergebnisses von INFINITY WAR erzielt.

Brazil: AVENGERS-ENDGAME creates the best start ever (when pulverizing the old record) with 5.485.787 visitors and has achieved 38% of INFINITY WAR's final result.

Mexiko: AVENGERS - ENDGAME schafft mit 9,1 Mio. Besuchern den besten Start aller Zeiten und hat 42 % des Endergebnisses von INFINITY WAR erzielt.

Mexico: AVENGERS-ENDGAME is making the best start ever with 9.1 million visitors and has achieved 42% of INFINITY WAR's final result.

Argentinien: AVENGERS - ENDGAME schafft mit 1.183.385 Besuchern den besten Start aller Zeiten und hat 41 % des Endergebnisses von INFINITY WAR erzielt.

Argentina: AVENGERS-ENDGAME is making the best start ever with 1.183.385 visitors and has achieved 41% of INFINITY WAR's final result.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 5

Titantic had girls going to see it 10 times when they saw usually one movie a year. Girls would cry before a scene even started because they remembered what happened. Those were dark dark times.

Personally Titanics run is more impressive than Avatar imo. Granted it was in theater like 7 times :D

Edited by cdsacken

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Very excited to see OS numbers for May 1 holidays. They should be astronomical cause the holiday is massive in Europe. 

May 1st holiday: plus China, plus Russia (but there the tradition is not focused on cinema for that day, decresingly count of people spend that day on the streets)

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

May 1st holiday: plus China, plus Russia (but there the tradition is not focused on cinema for that day, decresingly count of people spend that day on the streets)

oh China celebrates too? sweet. It's a long holiday, not just one day so minus street-based celebration, everyone else should pack cinemas no? :)

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Very excited to see OS numbers for May 1 holidays. They should be astronomical cause the holiday is massive in Europe. 

I think May 1st holiday happens pretty much everywhere but US. Latin America celebrates it too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

I think May 1st holiday happens pretty much everywhere but US. Latin America celebrates it too.

3 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Also Australia and NZ don't get it I think.

UK do not either 😢 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

oh China celebrates too? sweet. It's a long holiday, not just one day so minus street-based celebration, everyone else should pack cinemas no? :)

Maybe you want to read up on the reason and details of said day?

Depends also on the weather....

And additional local customs: Here in my region we have an additional tradition at the 1 May: village fiestas, mounting maypole (here far bigger than in e.g. Sweden, has to be able to stay for years securly).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maypole

out of that page

Near_Munich,_the_new_May_Pole.jpg

In smaller cities / villages often more or less the complete population is partying for many hours (do not try to drive here around the time those are closing, you might get hit by a beer-drinker.... GRRRR I nearly ended in the ditch trying to avoid one of those in the past)

Edited by terrestrial

16 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Uh May 1 is a holiday in other places?? 

~ half of the world? In the roughest rule of thumb way possible, at least it feels like half of the world

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Personally Titanics run is more impressive than Avatar imo.

Domestic it almost doubled every movie first run I think:

1 Titanic Par. $600,788,188 1997
2 Star Wars Fox $460,998,007 1977
3 E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial Uni. $434,974,579 1982
4 Jurassic Park Uni. $357,067,947 1993

vs

1 Avatar Fox $759,626,387 2009^
2 Titanic Par. $600,788,188 1997
3 The Dark Knight WB $533,345,358 2008
4 Star Wars Fox $460,998,007 1977^
5 Shrek 2 DW $441,226,247 2004

38 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

The countries of the anglosphere (US, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland and New Zealand) donot celebrate it. Everywhere else does. Not really sure why.

Edited by Agafin
  • Like 1