kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

7 hours ago, JimiQ said:

The first movie in history to make nearly 5 billies in box office.

I wish it would hit 5b, that'd be pretty amazing.  The potential is there but it looks like a pretty low probability event. 

Still, 4.8b or more compared to:

Transformers 3+4 = 2.23b

HP:DH1+2 = 2.3b

Furious 7+8 = 2.75b

Avengers 1+2 = 2.92b

Jurassic 4+5 = 2.98b

Episodes 7+8 = 3.4b

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

it seems disney will update international numbers only every sunday from this point. So need @Charlie Jatinder or @ZeeSoh to extrapolate based on few numbers known and then see where things stand on sunday.

Box office Mojo shows OS as $1,774,700,000. So, it made around 9 mil OS Monday

Edited by BlitheringEdiot
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BlitheringEdiot said:

Box office Mojo shows OS as $1,774,700,000. So, it made around 9 mil OS Monday

you are right. It went up from 1,765,871,449 to 1,774,700,000. But it was reported in twitter by one of the source that disney told them they will provide updated OS totals only every sunday. So BOM must be directly getting OS numbers and updating total. Not sure if it includes all the countries(I remember RTH saying some countries don’t report that often) or not.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

you are right. It went up from 1,765,871,449 to 1,774,700,000. But it was reported in twitter by one of the source that disney told them they will provide updated OS totals only every sunday. So BOM must be directly getting OS numbers and updating total. Not sure if it includes all the countries(I remember RTH saying some countries don’t report that often) or not.

Double of domestic will be great

28 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

But it was reported in twitter by one of the source that disney told them they will provide updated OS totals only every sunday.

You are right, I remember that too.

I think it was said ~ last week's last weekday will be the last weekday they'll release it daily/per every weekday.

Maybe someone at Disney didn't knew that or ....

Hmmm, maybe someone there looked into when OS will reach $1.75b?

Or probably more logical, it's about the ww part, it reached the $2.5b milestone already at Monday including the OS update?

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $728,447,735    29.1%
Foreign:  $1,774,700,000    70.9%

Worldwide:  $2,503,147,735  

Milestones should be additional datas they'll release outside the weekends still I guess.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

You are right, I remember that too.

I think it was said ~ last week's last weekday will be the last weekday they'll release it daily/per every weekday.

Maybe someone at Disney didn't knew that or ....

Hmmm, maybe someone there looked into when OS will reach $1.75b?

Or probably more logical, it's about the ww part, it reached the $2.5b milestone already at Monday including the OS update?

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $728,447,735    29.1%
Foreign:  $1,774,700,000    70.9%

Worldwide:  $2,503,147,735  

Milestones should be additional datas they'll release outside the weekends still I guess.

It's the milestone update.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

It's the milestone update.

Only to be sure I didn't formulate it wrongly: it was meant rhetorical 😉

per 'more logical' 😉

It's a milestone only 2 movies reached, I am really wondering why not one of the usual outlets for BO reported that (I mean BOM, BOPro, The-Numbers, BORep,...)

Domestic weekdays: 18.3M (742M total)

China weekdays: 6.3M (617M total)

OS-China weekdays: 26.4M (1.182B total)

Total by Thursday: 2.541B

Domestic weekend: 33M (775M total)

China weekend: 8M (625M total)

OS-China weekend: 41M (1.223B total)

Total by Sunday: 2.623B

Edited by nguyenkhoi282

12 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Only to be sure I didn't formulate it wrongly: it was meant rhetorical 😉

per 'more logical' 😉

It's a milestone only 2 movies reached, I am really wondering why not one of the usual outlets for BO reported that (I mean BOM, BOPro, The-Numbers, BORep,...)

Yeah i was wondering that too, like not a single article.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Can it still have a chance to pass Avatar? 

3 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

2.788 - 2.623 = 165 million away from Avatar record by Sunday if your estimates are accurate. 

Domestic weekend has a holiday next weekend, which will soften the drop quite a bit. 

Last year IW dropped 24% over the 4 day holiday against the 103 million opener (Solo). 
100 million or so additional on the domestic total (approx 875 total) seems reasonable. 

China extension is still questionable, though if it's still making 8 million this weekend, I'd imagine Disney will ensure it will get one. 

Maoyan has Endgame showings listed right up until next Thursday, May 23rd, so even without an extension it would top out around 629-630 in China. With extension, 640-645 total.

OS-China continues with the strong weekdays as well. 

165 million after Sunday seems achievable. 

21 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

2.788 - 2.623 = 165 million away from Avatar record by Sunday if your estimates are accurate. 

Domestic weekend has a holiday next weekend, which will soften the drop quite a bit. 

Last year IW dropped 24% over the 4 day holiday against the 103 million opener (Solo). 
100 million or so additional on the domestic total (approx 875 total) seems reasonable. 

China extension is still questionable, though if it's still making 8 million this weekend, I'd imagine Disney will ensure it will get one. 

Maoyan has Endgame showings listed right up until next Thursday, May 23rd, so even without an extension it would top out around 629-630 in China. With extension, 640-645 total.

I only wish it could do 850-855 dom 

What if it will drop harder in the future?

Ugh I wish Avatar grossed 2,70B I keep forgetting its almost 2,8B.   I really hope EG can pull through. China really is the best market for this movie right now. It gave it more than anyone ever expected. I wish DOM could have pushed it to 900M.   But oh well let's hope for the best.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Interesting how the narrative as switched to "can it still do it" from "locked/99%"

It's still likely to happen, but yes...people (especially fans) use the word "locked" way too easily.

3 hours ago, VanillaSkies said:

No chance at this point. $860M is max. domestic at this moment (I think it will finish in $848-852M range). China also won't get as high as $640-645 mln, it would be like $10 mln less. Endgame needs at least $1.295B from the rest of the markets to beat Avatar and I think it will manage to cross $1.3B.