kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

20 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Well, the current total is 1.155B, and those listed above have a total collection of 849M. That means those countries accounts for 73.5% of the total market.

835 + 630 + 1308 = 2773

If it can not pass Avatar, it is more because of the DOM than the OS. The OS of EG overall is higher 30% than IW, bringing the best opportinity for EG to pass Avatar in a decade but the DOM is just .... dissappointed. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

X2.34 for an A+ would be a bit of a bummer. Need to see how the weekend goes but I’d still take over on O/U 850

One advantage that TFA had over EG is the demographic of TFA skewed older and appeal more to the older demo, the audience group that tend to stabilize the drop from week to week 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, danhtruong5 said:

835 + 630 + 1308 = 2773

If it can not pass Avatar, it is more because of the DOM than the OS. The OS of EG overall is higher 30% than IW, bringing the best opportinity for EG to pass Avatar in a decade but the DOM is just .... dissappointed. 

Jesus what the hell? North America is a developed market, of course the growth won't be comparable to the developing ones overseas. 

And China will be 635M+, which takes your doomsday scenario within a 10M proximity from Avatar. I'm sure Disney will find a way to pickpocket some from other movies.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

X2.34 for an A+ would be a bit of a bummer. Need to see how the weekend goes but I’d still take over on O/U 850

with that weekend its not , if you expect a movie even with a+ that made 357 ow to have 2,5-2.6 multi you are insane, that would be the best case scenario

The hell is the matter wit you guys? 850 million dollars is ‘disappointing?’

Last 30 years only two movies will have beaten it in attendance figures. 

Disappointment my ass.

Edited by KJsooner
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Jesus what the hell? North America is a developed market, of course the growth won't be comparable to the developing ones overseas. 

And China will be 635M+, which takes your doomsday scenario within a 10M proximity from Avatar. I'm sure Disney will find a way to pickpocket some from other movies.

plus  the fact that dom will make more than that  around 10+ more and there you go ,you just reached  avatar 

3 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Last 30 only two movies will have beaten it in attendance figures. 

Disappointment my ass.

agreed eg blew away even the most optimistic predictions way more than what iw did, and some people say it like its dissapointing when eg will be have make avatar numbers 

• Like 1

Just now, KJsooner said:

Last 30 only two movies will have beaten it in attendance figures. 

Disappointment my ass.

money got earned so easy,people're starting to think +20% over already hugh 678M is not enough :hahaha: A sequel to a megahit just after one year and expect it being more leggy,pretty dumb

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Other developed markets such as europe and japan still get get at least 25% higher than IW, but DOM can 

Lot of people in this thread seem to forget that movies which break the OW record often have good legs. TFA, JW, TA, TDK, DMC, SM, ...      

The farther back you go the less relevance they have of course. And Endgame did break the record by an unprecedented % in modern history because theaters could see the demand incoming and have it so many showtimes. But even still making 900+ would be well in line with the history of huge opening movies. It’s the people who were saying TFA was dead out of the gate who had unrealistic expectations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

850 is not dissapointed. I said 830-835

u dont know shit about  how boxoffice works.Eu and japan avengers not the most popular IPs there, so a lot room to grow,but DOM it reachs near SW level so the room to grow is not that much

Edited by GOXOG
  • Like 1