kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Lot of people in this thread seem to forget that movies which break the OW record often have good legs. TFA, JW, TA, TDK, DMC, SM, ...      

The farther back you go the less relevance they have of course. And Endgame did break the record by an unprecedented % in modern history because theaters could see the demand incoming and have it so many showtimes. But even still making 900+ would be well in line with the history of huge opening movies. It’s the people who were saying TFA was dead out of the gate who had unrealistic expectations.

wrong the % doesnt mean shit when you make raw number like that also  i will tell you this iw droke the record and had 2.6 multi yes ? yes eg broke the record by 100 mill more at 357  so even with a+ cinemascore the best it could would be 2.6 multi like iw that would translate to tfa dom record , while that wasnt impossible it was very hard thing to do , the most relealistic mutli  for eg would be 2.4 and maybe  2.5 multi , however lower multi than iw

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

wrong the % doesnt mean shit when you make raw number like that also  i will tell you this iw droke the record and had 2.6 multi yes ? yes eg broke the record by 100 mill more at 357  so even with a+ cinemascore the best it could would be 2.6 multi like iw that would translate to tfa dom record , while that wasnt impossible it was very hard thing to do , the most relealistic mutli  for eg would be 2.4 and maybe  2.5 multi , however lower multi than iw

You should be careful not to pay too much attention to raw numbers, % are usually more informative. I do agree that 2.4-2.5ish was realistic. Even 2.35 is like “well, the OW was huge.” But below 2.35 I’d say it’s quite reasonable to call the legs disappointing. Anyway, again, I think that’s pretty unlikely...

1 minute ago, youcantseemyname said:

I don't think he's a troll, he's actually under-educated about BO

Well , after being explained by the other members about how you can't and shouldn't see EG box office to be a disappointment , he keeps saying that again and again. Sounds like some kind of trolling or maybe you're right , he's undereducated and doesn't wanna learn.

17 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Lot of people in this thread seem to forget that movies which break the OW record often have good legs. TFA, JW, TA, TDK, DMC, SM, ...      

The farther back you go the less relevance they have of course. And Endgame did break the record by an unprecedented % in modern history because theaters could see the demand incoming and have it so many showtimes. But even still making 900+ would be well in line with the history of huge opening movies. It’s the people who were saying TFA was dead out of the gate who had unrealistic expectations.

There is a similar situation in semi-conductor industry. The Moore's Law said that the number of transistors on every square inch would double every year. That was nothing more than simply an observation with zero scientific base. And in recent years, the Law failed as transistor's size has reached atomic level.

Similar case here. The A+ effect or record-breaking effect only serves as "observation". And finally, something bucks the trend.

• Like 1

Imagine this conversation :

Friend : " hey , I saw on the news that EG shattering records everywhere and also  has a great chance to becoming the highest grossing film of all time. Then I remember you said that you're following a box office site. Damn , that place must be full of emotion , celebration and happiness right!? "

Me : :apocalypse:  

*If only you know my friend.... If only.*

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

10 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

There is a similar situation in semi-conductor industry. The Moore's Law said that the number of transistors on every square inch would double every year. That was nothing more than simply an observation with zero scientific base. And in recent years, the Law failed as transistor's size has reached atomic level.

Similar case here. The A+ effect or record-breaking effect only serves as "observation". And finally, something bucks the trend.

Obviously trends are not laws, but in the absence of a law trends are what you forecast based off.

710M DOM is a great result, but 370->710 is a crap run. People can focus too much on a simple multi at risk of ignoring the actual $$ made, true. But you can also focus too much on a total at risk of ignoring how it got there. I see more new people make the former mistake and more “sophisticated” people make the latter mistake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Well, the current total is 1.155B, and those listed above have a total collection of 849M. That means those countries accounts for 73.5% of the total market.

So rare and precious when someone is oozing optimism and kindness like you do ... keep up the good fight!:) TTVOMJ

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

710M DOM is a great result, but 370->710 is a crap run. People can focus too much on a simple multi at risk of ignoring the actual $$ made, true. But you can also focus too much on a total at risk of ignoring how it got there. I see more new people make the former mistake and more “sophisticated” people make the latter mistake.

Dont know how long you have been doing this, but being "sofisticated" regarding box office isnt something that truly sofisticated people in general would say... coming from someone who has been doing this since starship troopers listening to automatic updates from my land phone each tuesday 2 am.. as your namesake would say "you should choose your words more wisely" ^^ TTVOMJ

EG will never be a disappointment.

But not beating avatar after these great expectations will make us disappointed.

I am sure that if disney wants to pass Avatar it will.

Edited by Moses
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Moses said:

EG will never be a disappointment.

But not beating avatar after these great expectations will make us disappointed.

who said that it wont do it ?  it can pass avatar  not locked not unlikely either

5 hours ago, danhtruong5 said:

835 + 630 + 1308 = 2773

If it can not pass Avatar, it is more because of the DOM than the OS. The OS of EG overall is higher 30% than IW, bringing the best opportinity for EG to pass Avatar in a decade but the DOM is just .... dissappointed. 

Yep. Just like IW didn’t pass TFA because of domestic, EG might not pass Avatar because of domestic. People can scream and laugh and whatever but for both of these films the legs in the U.S , considering the OW/good reviews/generally favorable audience reception, were average to bad. IW after opening at around 260 million failed to do 700 million and endgame is dropping hard right now in the U.S after a freakin 360 million ow. I love how some people yell “830 million is bad ?”, well after a 360 million opening weekend yes it is. It’s all relevant.

• ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Yep. Just like IW didn’t pass TFA because of domestic, EG might not pass Avatar because of domestic. People can scream and laugh and whatever but for both of these films the legs in the U.S , considering the OW/good reviews/generally favorable audience reception, were average to bad. IW after opening at around 260 million failed to do 700 million and endgame is dropping hard right now in the U.S after a freakin 360 million ow. I love how some people yell “830 million is bad ?”, well after a 360 million opening weekend yes it is. It’s all relevant.

If it opened to 275 mil ow, and did 850 mil domestic, would you consider that bad?