kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

37 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

What is happening with all the threads today? Weekend thread, OS thread... I come here for numbers, not some useless war zone.

You know why? Because Avatar vs Endgame talk are disputable, there are space to argue about which film is more impressive in its run.

Unlike Titanic vs anything else, its reign over the rest is a historical fact, truly an all time epic .   

• Thanks 1

Anyway I have faith that Endgame will prevail in the end. It was even doubt in the beginning that it could make more than A:IW. Then came the high/hype of presale and OW data. then the relatively "uninspiring" next few weeks and now it "struggles" to get to 2.77B. However, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. The final victory will be sweet. Stay tuned.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

What is happening with all the threads today? Weekend thread, OS thread... I come here for numbers, not some useless war zone.

You aren't getting OS numbers till Sunday. Updated again on Monday. Curious to see just how close on Tuesday it is to 2.7B

20 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

You know why? Because Avatar vs Endgame talk are disputable, there are space to argue about which film is more impressive in its run.

Unlike Titanic vs anything else, its reign over the rest is a historical fact, truly an all time epic .   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, justvision said:

Anyway I have faith that Endgame will prevail in the end. It was even doubt that it could make more than A:IW. Then came the high/hype of presale and OW data. then the relatively "uninspiring" next few weeks and now it "struggles" to get to 2.77B. However, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. The final victory will be sweet. Stay tuned.

Honestly, I don't get why people think overtaking Avatar or failed to overtake is a locked. Neither the scenario is a locked, far from locked. The odd is 50:50 sharp and very much dependent on how Disney decision instead of normal market force.

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I been waiting since Dec2014.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pure Spirit said:

You know, I wasn't sure the dream for Endgame #1 worldwide was dead until this post and the wild, vaguely sad applause for it.

Good game, MCU, until next time! Your OW was truly impressive! You sold a lot of tickets! There's enough ammo (exchange rates, Netflix, tickets sold) to explain in Youtube comment sections why Endgame is ackshually the #1 movie WW. Avatar had some divine intervention, I was sure the record was going down. And I wouldn't be that surprised if a future Avengers movie was the one to do it. The battle may be over, but the war is just beginning.

What battle? Where is the war? This isnt football... this is a marathon... we are here for data and cheering for numbers... not fanboy particular movies... damn why cant i meet "fans" in my country?:/ you can see tom cruise walking in hvar noone blinks... cast of got in dubrovnik or my hometown(split) swimming between children and mothers taking selfies THEMSELVES... "fans".... geez 😕 learn to let go... 

TTVOMJ

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Honestly, I don't get why people think overtaking Avatar or failed to overtake is a locked. Neither the scenario is a locked, far from locked. The odd is 50:50 sharp and very much dependent on how Disney decision instead of normal market force.

I been waiting since Dec2014.   

Agreed but I don't think it's 50/50. It was 100/0 2 weeks ago then people panicked. I'm waiting till June 3rd to make a determination. 

Most of that panic was caused by avatar stans going nuts with glee. Personally I'm still in the very very likely camp.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sam said:

This is why I don’t bother to comment in this thread much and just follow for numbers. It’s getting more and more embarrassing in here every day.

Very happy about EG’s performance btw. After IW breaking out last year, really thought EG gonna at best match it, not massively increase like this, especially after just one year. The two-part story gonna combined to be close to 5B WW. Crazy for a sub-studio.

China delivered big time, as did Asia in general, but the performance in Europe is really impressive as well, breaking out past the genre with 500M+.

Latin America is the most unfortunate though. EG easily trumped The Avengers (2012) in admissions and local currency everywhere there, but in total US dollars I don’t think it’s much ahead. Anyone can provide me the total for EG in Latin America up to now? Last I read it was around $220M? (TA had 207M for the region)

From Deadline last weekend (19th May)

It is also the highest grossing movie ever in Latin America ($257M) and Asia-Pacific ($1.094B) as well as the No. 7 biggest in Europe ($493M). During the 4th overseas frame, Endgame held No. 1 in several Latin American markets, as well as five in Europe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, salvador-232 said:

Whey they mock Endgame or Avengers in general saying and "And what, Endgame broke records in like... X country" is always some Latin American country. I'm tired of their condescendence. 

But the Avatar gang made perfectly clear their thoughts about Latam during Alita run so I'm not surprised

The only person that I have on ignore is a Cameron fan who accused me of being Greek, racism is in the blood of some people and the mods generally allow it in this forum. In the Alita thread I saw digs against South America, India e.t.c. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3
  • Knock It Off 1

34 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

No... we are here for data

P E R I O D... there is no true box office fan if that person is a particular movie box office fan.... there is just data... we are not here to measure dicks... that is a weak downtime of a weakminded average mute.. nothing to see here.... past is the past.. move on...

TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Typos

4 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

The only person that I have on ignore is a Cameron fan who accused me of being Greek, racism is in the blood of some people and the mods generally allow it in this forum. In the Alita thread I saw digs against South America, India e.t.c. 

Can't remember the first part but the second is just trying to twist reality to make me look bad.

Saying a country doesn't make much box office isn't racism, which I believe that is what you are insuinating? It's almost as if you're suggesting racist comments were made, can you clarify please.

edit: I just read your post from 1 minute ago, so you weren't talking about me I see. I still don't remember any hate towards those countries in the Alita thread.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Can't remember the first part but the second is just trying to twist reality to make me look bad.

Saying a country doesn't make much box office isn't racism, which I believe that is what you are insuinating? It's almost as if you're suggesting racist comments were made, can you clarify please.

edit: I just read your post from 1 minute ago, so you weren't talking about me I see. I still don't remember any hate towards those countries in the Alita thread.

There were definitely digs against India basically mocking its culture, about how alita should have dancing or stuff like that (as if other Hollywood films don’t do great there), definitely digs against South America and so on. Sorry not searching that embarrassment of a thread , anyone who was following it knows what was written.

21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Lol @ you outing yourself. 

Once again, pot meet kettle. 

• Haha 3

The mocking and downplaying of countries and territories when their movies failed to hit big there is vile and embarrassing behaviors from stans. And the worst is hypocrisy, the opinion changed so fast when their next favorite movie did well in those same countries. China’s “movie tastes” suffered the worst, especially in recent years, from such behaviors.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Lol Jimbo the post in question is quoted in the last page, you literally liked it 

Edited by salvador-232

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

Well, after 2.2B in 12 days it was hard to not see doing it 800m more for 3B