Jump to content
kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1937.9 M overseas ● 2796.2 M worldwide | ALL BE WARNED

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Agafin said:

So begins the era of sequels dominating the Top. Though since it had to happen, I'm glad Endgame is the first one to do so. This is not just a win for Endgame but it is one for the entire MCU. Over 20 films with over $20 bllion WW, definitely the greatest cinematic achievement of all time.

Out of reactions but :bravo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a privilege to witness a moment of box-office history alongside a community of box-office enthusiasts. As much as the rivalry between Avatar and MCU fans was occasionally exhausting, I'm glad we got a real race out of this that has potential to continue in the next few years through re-releases and so forth. While Endgame's opening weekend was truly astonishing, there was a part of me that wished there had been a little more suspense in certain regards like there was with Infinity War's OW. Ultimately, what we got was much more exciting simply because the idea of surpassing Avatar felt like a pipe dream to me regardless of the insane pre-sale numbers and gigantic first week.

It's great to have had two huge blockbusters with very different runs contesting for the #1 worldwide spot. Avatar's success was built on awesome WOM, the astounding visual spectacle it boasted and its four quadrant appeal, whereas Endgame demonstrated the rewards of patient, careful planning and a firm belief in your brand's USP. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Quote

So begins the era of sequels dominating the Top. Though since it had to happen, I'm glad Endgame is the first one to do so. This is not just a win for Endgame but it is one for the entire MCU. Over 20 films with over $20 bllion WW, definitely the greatest cinematic achievement of all time.

Oh god... I know this is a box office forum, but a franchise making lots of money doesn't deserve that title at all. This is not what cinema is primarily about

Edited by Alexdube
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Company that was bankrupt in 1996 and forced to sell movie rights to best known heroes took-out a loan of some $500m and made risky movie with even riskier washed-up drug addict with C-class superhero now has $22B franchise and the top spot in box office. What a thrilling story. Congrats to all

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

Oh god... I know this is a box office forum, but a franchise making lots of money doesn't deserve that title at all. This is not what cinema is primarily about

Will you say the same think when Avatar franchise will do the same thing? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nero said:

Will you say the same think when Avatar franchise will do the same thing? 

Even if each Avatar movie made 5 billion I wouldn't call it that. I'm thinking of all that has been done in the history of cinema and calling the MCU the greatest cinematic achievement of all time just doesn't feel right. It certainly is great to a lot of people, but this is all very subjective

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zatt was right said:

Thanks also to @JamesCameronScholar and Big Jimbo, for being actually cooler heads than people have always given them credit for here on BOT. There is a lot of people that behave nastily worse than them and as a Cameron fan myself, they do represent me.

Right back at you Zatt! Well done for being so steadfast and being one of the very few posters who was always happy to engage in serious discussion. Enjoy the win!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well deserving !

 

Congrats to Endagme for closing this MCU chapter with a bang ! 

 

For a former small company set above a garage, that was still on the verge of bankrupcy when IM was released on a loan, while bigger studios were publicly laughing and mocking the very much idea of the MCU featuring B/C characters who could potentially rival the likes of Batman, Superman and Spiderman, that success is the ultimate revenge.

 

The MCU is the modern fairytale of rags to riches made by one of the most dedicated team out there.

 

Congrats to the whole Marvel family, Feige and the MCU fandom for staying dedicated and focused !

Edited by Ent
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

Even if each Avatar movie made 5 billion I wouldn't call it that. I'm thinking of all that has been done in the history of cinema and calling the MCU the greatest cinematic achievement of all time just doesn't feel right. It certainly is great to a lot of people, but this is all very subjective

Because it is cinematic achievement or more properly it is achievement based on interconnected movies... I think it's the great achievement of MCU and no other franchise has been able to pull it off. Yes cinematic achievement might be subjective but it can be different as well. LOTR is cinematic achievement for its brilliant story , characters and mostly because it achieved it for 3 fucking movies i.e triology

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zatt was right said:

Thanks also to my new buddies that jumped from Era to here to talk about box office: @Alexandros, @Heroicpiglet, @Hemo memo, @kswiston and probably others that I'm missing.

Thank you @Zatt was right and thank you all. I’m getting emotional. If it’s not for you I wouldn’t know this place.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

Even if each Avatar movie made 5 billion I wouldn't call it that. I'm thinking of all that has been done in the history of cinema and calling the MCU the greatest cinematic achievement of all time just doesn't feel right. It certainly is great to a lot of people, but this is all very subjective

I mean, no not really. When you re-release 22 movies in 10 years, all of which are at the very least positively reviewed by critics (the majority of which are very well reviewed) and all but one box office successes (and 2 in the top 5 grossing movies of all time) I think you can easily say the MCU represents a uniquely incredible cinematic achievement

Whether you like the MCU or not is something else entirely, but to deny that the franchise hasnt just set a high bar in franchise filmmaking (and which definitely represents one of the greatest cinematic achievements of all time) that is no longer subjective my friend, it just isnt, to say otherwise is to put your own subjective feelings about the MCU above all the available data

 

EDIT: Wow Im so sorry for the dramatic reaction, I see you were contending that it may not be the "greatest" not that it isnt "great". Yes, you're right, to declare it the greatest of all time is a little bit contentious, but it is certainly among a small group of the greatest (you could also say the franchise represents the greatest box office achievement, as opposed to cinematic achievement)

Edited by Justin4125
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Justin4125 said:

I mean, no not really. When you re-release 22 movies in 10 years, all of which are at the very least positively reviewed by critics (the majority of which are very well reviewed) and all but one box office successes (and 2 in the top 5 grossing movies of all time) I think you can easily say the MCU represents a uniquely incredible cinematic achievement

Whether you like the MCU or not is something else entirely, but to deny that the franchise hasnt just set a high bar in franchise filmmaking (and which definitely represents one of the greatest cinematic achievements of all time) that is no longer subjective my friend, it just isnt, to say otherwise is to put your own subjective feelings about the MCU above all the available data

 

EDIT: Wow Im so sorry for the dramatic reaction, I see you were contending that it may not be the "greatest" not that it isnt "great". Yes, you're right, to declare it the greatest of all time is a little bit contentious, but it is certainly among a small group of the greatest (you could also say the franchise represents the greatest box office achievement, as opposed to cinematic achievement)

yes calling it one of the greatest makes it a lot more acceptable, I don't have a problem with that

Quote

you could also say the franchise represents the greatest box office achievement, as opposed to cinematic achievement

well it's certainly one of the greatest box office achievements, although calling it the greatest is again a little too loaded for me

whether it's Spielberg's dominance of the Box office over decades, or Cameron's unexpected record breaking runs (in very dominant fashion) and holding the record for 22 years, are all achievements that could be deemed equally great depending on what angle you choose to observe them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Doctor Stark said:

Take the L with dignity troll.

Lol, learn the meaning of troll. Someone that says things you don't like =/=troll. Take the W with class. 

  • Not Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the last 3 months were the most interesting in box office history.

EG had many ups and downs.

Before the release of the film expectations were around 2-2.3 billions

After the massive OW we started talking about beating avatar.

Then it seems difficult and many people were disappointed.

And then after the rerelease it was able to beat avatar.

Thank you all for this good time

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sagemode87 said:

Lol, learn the meaning of troll. Someone that says things you don't like =/=troll. Take the W with class. 

Someone who opens a thread to say only negative comments and try to spin it hard to bring down a certain movie success cause he doesn't like it, without backing himself up with claims or proofs of what he says is the definition of troll

 

and you definitely a troll sagemode.

Edited by Permanent Magnet
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Someone who opens a thread to say only negative comments and try to spin it hard to bring down a certain movie success cause he doesn't like it, without backing himself up with claims or proofs of what he says is the definition of troll

 

and you definitely a troll sagemode.

Say the same thing to MCU fans that say Avatar was just Pocahontas and Fern Gully lol. At least I said Endgame was a good movie. Your bias is showing. Hate to break it to you but this place has a lot of negativity. At least I'm respectful with getting my opinion across. 

Edited by Sagemode87
  • Not Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Say the same thing to MCU fans that say Avatar was just Pocahontas and Fern Gully lol.

I do, but no one in this forum said that, and if some did then it's their opinion and they have proofs for such a claim which you lack in your comments.

 

16 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

At least I said Endgame was a good movie

And I never said Avatar was a bad movie, I like both for completely different reasons.

 

16 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Your bias is showing.

No, I am both  MCU fan and Cameron fan, I love T1 and T2 which are in my top 10 movies of all times, loved aliens, really liked Titanic.

 

16 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

. Hate to break it to you but this place is mostly negative

I agree, thanks to trolls like you.

 

16 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

At least I'm respectful with getting my opinion across. 

And we are respectful in responding to you, troll is not an I insult when you simply act like one😉.

 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d3468e42f63445677

Edited by Permanent Magnet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $853,384,193    30.6%
Foreign:  $1,934,115,237    69.4%

Worldwide:  $2,787,499,430  

 

Country
(click to view weekend breakdown)
Dist. Release
Date
Opening
Wknd
% of
Total
Total Gross / As Of
FOREIGN TOTAL - 4/24/19 $866,526,407 44.8% $1,934,115,237 7/14/19

 

 

Not too sure if it is a typo, 1934.1m is the number as of last Sunday??? 

Edited by titanic2187
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, BOM has officially revise Avatar's gross. Weirdly enough, the number was so perfect that DOM+foreign number added up to a perfect round number as below

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $760,507,625    27.3%
Foreign:  $2,029,192,375    72.7%

Worldwide:  $2,789,700,000  

  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

According to the report yesterday, shouldn't the updated Endgame OS number be $1,935,800,000? 

 

 

Edited by KP1025

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.