kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

14 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

How many are there adjusted for inflation adjusted?

Okay, now you also mentioning inflation adjusted nice. From imdb in the top 10 inflation adjusted 2000-2010 is only Avatar. 2010- 2019 there are endgame and star wars force awakens. In the top 20 there are still only 1 for 2000-2010 and now 5 from 2010-2019. Domestic asjusted Avatar is the only one from 2000-2010 until place 33 with tdk. Above dark knight are 5 movies from 2010-2019. 

Yeah the movies from before 2000 dominate that list, but 2010 +seems to be better positioned  than 2000s.

@justvision i am not trying to take anything away from endgame.

50 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i just want to say, why some of us have to endure your fucking bullshit arguement ? this is an avengers endgame overeas thread

Its still a forum, charlies argumentation is really weak and especially annoying that he became a celebrity in box office and his comments are echoed through other websites and communities. 

Also did you visit any of the avatar threads lately? Because thats some unrelated bullshit in them.

Edited by Coldbird
  • Knock It Off 1

17 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I didn't say 2000 was any better.

So which decade did you compared it to, then you thought that Avatar is the weakling of the record holders? Because number 15 with adjusted domestic seems still really good after 80 years of cinema. Even ignoring the ww adjusted numbers because of market expansion, exchange rate and impossibilty of a right inflation adjustment.

Edited by Coldbird

I think we are getting mis directed. Of course I don't mean that Avatar did weak but I am saying is that Avatar is weakest All Time Grosser boosted by external factors, read exchange rates.

It has just 275-280mn admissions which is far lower than Titanic (400mn+) and Endgame (390mn). That was my point. The film watched by just 275mn held record for 12 years, and it was only after 9 years some film crossed it (That what I meant from weak decade).

ffs the biggest Indian film has 320mn plus admissions.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I think we are getting mis directed. Of course I don't mean that Avatar did weak but I am saying is that Avatar is weakest All Time Grosser boosted by external factors, read exchange rates.

It has just 275-280mn admissions which is far lower than Titanic (400mn+) and Endgame (390mn). That was my point. The film watched by just 275mn held record for 12 years, and it was only after 9 years some film crossed it (That what I meant from weak decade).

ffs the biggest Indian film has 320mn plus admissions.

Wow, I didn't know that Avatar had sold so few tickets compared to Titanic and Endgame. That's fascinating.

Edited by Alexandros
typo
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It is sort of ironical that despite being the weakest all time grosser, Avatar held the record for very long time. 

I know yada yada trending yada yada but of course it needed to trend to be biggest because it opened low. Low in the sense not a big opener.

This also tells how weak films were during last 10 years with finally Infinity War beating the admissions of Avatar and Endgame beating gross.

Sorry i have to disagree on this.

Avatar did 2.8b in the decade that you only have 3 others film BARELY crossed 1 billion.

Endgame did 2.8b in a year that you have 5-6 other movies comfortably crossed 1 billion.  

Even if you taking exchange rate factor, Avatar wasn't the only film that enjoy the advantage,, every film released in between mid-2009 to 2011 enjoyed that privilege, yet the highest you can go is HP8:DH2 at 1.3b, none of them managed to cross 2b or even 1.5b during this period. 

post 2015 when USD strengthen against all currencies, yet we have three 2b movies, and another two did 1.5b ww, all of them just in the span of 4 years. Numbers of movie did 1b ww just getting more and more despite exchange rate keep weakening. 

In that sense, I don't see how i can discount avatar to be the weakest all time grosser easily. The so-called external factor was just exaggerated. The actual box office gross doesn't reflect what people claimed.  

Edited by titanic2187
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Sorry i have to disagree on this.

Avatar did 2.8b in the decade that you only have 3 others film BARELY crossed 1 billion.

Endgame did 2.8b in a year that you have 5-6 other movies comfortably crossed 1 billion.  

Even if you taking exchange rate factor, Avatar wasn't the only film that enjoy the advantage,, every film released in between mid-2009 to 2011 enjoyed that privilege, yet the highest you can go is HP8:DH2 at 1.3b, none of them managed to cross 2b or even 1.5b during this period. 

post 2015 when USD strengthen against all currencies, yet we have three 2b movies, and another two did 1.5b ww, all of them just in the span of 4 years. Numbers of movie did 1b ww just getting more and more despite exchange rate keep weakening. 

In that sense, I don't see how i can discount avatar to be the weakest all time grosser easily. The so-called external factor was just exaggerated. The actual box office gross doesn't reflect what people claimed.  

he explained above, see his last comment

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Just see TS4 despite outperforming TS3 in majority countries, it will barely do TS3 numbers in dollar.

In a year that TS3 can be the champion of the year with "just" 1.066b but TS4 despite doing the similar amount, will barely stay within top5 using 2018's and 2017s rank .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

champion of the year with "just" 1.066b

I am not denying the market growth. Of course China has grown. That happened with weak 2010, that's it. 2015 had no big business film, doens't mean business on whole was down.

But to be fair, there was no Star Wars film in 2010 and 3 above TS4 will be MCU films. Outside that, its TLK and Frozen 2, which are far bigger film than TS in their own time.

You are missing the obvious fact I am stating, that is.

1. Its not only Avatar that was benefitted, every film released during that period. TS 3 at today ER will be at $875mn Approx or lower.

2. Avatar being weak is purely in context of scale of all time grosser. We had an All Time Grosser with less than 300mn people watching it. Endgame cleared that figure by 10mn even if I completely ignore China.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

56 minutes ago, Alexandros said:

Wow, I didn't know that Avatar had sold so few tickets compared to Titanic and Endgame. That's fascinating.

go to the admission count thread, we searched estimations for every countries possible for both Avatar and EG

Edited by Permanent Magnet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2