kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

26 minutes ago, Chucky said:

Endgame was only smashing avatars ticket sales in recently developed countries so of course tickets sales are higher. Countries like Mexico, India, China, Indonesia were a fraction of the size they are today. 

Surreal amount of entertainment choices? That's a desperate argument as theres very little evidence that entertainment services today negatively effects top tier movies. Blockbusters today actually have it easier as marketing through social media has become easy, the world now has a platform to generate buzz and WOM, hence why movies today open alot higher than 10-15 years ago, even with inflation.

Fact is Endgame is just 1 of 6 movies to have made 1b this year so far, if 2009 was so favourable then why was Avatar the only movie to even hit that milestone? Use your heads people, theres a reason why box office analysis ain't your jobs, you all suck at it.

You don't have to go that far just look at this year's movies except Disney ones all are disappointing with gross. Also people have lot of options Netflix is like parallel theatre it provides everything. @Barnack can explain it better

1 hour ago, Chucky said:

The majority of Europe has been stagnant though, if not a small increase, Germany is just 1 country 

Europe is stagnant including Japan there is no increase.... And I doubt we will see any anymore. There is no small increase. 

31 minutes ago, Chucky said:

Endgame was only smashing avatars ticket sales in recently developed countries so of course tickets sales are higher. Countries like Mexico, India, China, Indonesia were a fraction of the size they are today. 

Surreal amount of entertainment choices? That's a desperate argument as theres very little evidence that entertainment services today negatively effects top tier movies. Blockbusters today actually have it easier as marketing through social media has become easy, the world now has a platform to generate buzz and WOM, hence why movies today open alot higher than 10-15 years ago, even with inflation.

Fact is Endgame is just 1 of 6 movies to have made 1b this year so far, if 2009 was so favourable then why was Avatar the only movie to even hit that milestone? Use your heads people, theres a reason why box office analysis ain't your jobs, you all suck at it.

Lmao at saying others suck at it when you yourself is telling others what you know. Ironic isn't it? No one is perfect we are just discussing the topic based on data we have.

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

Lmao at saying others suck at it when you yourself is telling others what you know. Ironic isn't it? No one is perfect we are just discussing the topic based on data we have.

Never forget.... 😉

N.

I.

R.

D.

15 minutes ago, Nero said:

It's not ironic when i dont consider myself a box office guru but its blindingly obvious that reaching certain milestones is a lot easier in today's market

• Disbelief 2

2 hours ago, Chucky said:

It's not ironic when i dont consider myself a box office guru but its blindingly obvious that reaching certain milestones is a lot easier in today's market

Reaching certain milestones from being a Europe heavy movie is also easier than reaching certain milestones while being a LA/Asia heavy movie. Speaking of which I've been wondering if F7 admits were actually close to/above TFA. That would be an interesting comparison as well.

14 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I seriously didn't expect that Endgame will be so near Titanic, and actually bigger than Titanic first run. 

A case can be made, that Titanic will do bigger in Asia and South America now, but its not going to get 100mn admits in USA as well and majority European countries will drop as well, to 60-70% of original.

And we don't even know if a romantic film will manage that numbers today. Romance was big in India in last decade, its totally dead today.

It can come near to 100m admit in China today. Chinese have great respect of Titanic back then til now,

Also, Titanic basically become all time champion in every corner of the world with huge margin(oftenly double of the previous record without ER bump) during 1997 , including SA and every Asian country(except india), something JP, Avatar, EG or ET failed to achieve in their respective era.  Not to mention that award season sweep.  

Also, to discount Titanic success because of romance was way popular back then is such a unfair treatment. I can argue that too to EG that its 2.8b was not impressive at all because superhero genre is such a trend now.

6 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

minus MCU, things are on same level.

This is so flawed. 

As flawed as claiming the world is so prosperous  , if you minus the poor. 

15 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

No need to be sad. This delusional sub standard industry deserve that.

Indian film industry is such a crucial piece of art and culture to the world.

It isn't substandard film industry, in fact it represent the Indian culture and their way of demonstrating visual art deeply that I have my high respect to indian film industry. Indian really use their visual style to stand out as a notable civilisation..       

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

It isn't substandard film industry, in fact it represent the Indian culture and their way of demonstrating visual art deeply that I have my high respect to indian film industry. Indian really use their visual style to stand out as a notable civilisation.

99% Indian film are shit. Out of over 1000 films made, barely 10-20 are good.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

99% Indian film are shit. Out of over 1000 films made, barely 10-20 are good.

Do you consider Race shit? That was the first Indian film I watched. I guess it's nominally bad, but it's in that so bad it's good territory. Highly entertaining.

1 hour ago, Nerfy said:

Do you consider Race shit? That was the first Indian film I watched. I guess it's nominally bad, but it's in that so bad it's good territory. Highly entertaining.

Race 1 is decent.

Race 3 is shit.

Last year, the good films from Bollywood were Andhadhun, Badhai Ho & October.

On 8/20/2019 at 2:09 PM, JimiQ said:

Another ~230k dom and ~220k os, so ~$450k ww

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $858,238,683    30.7%
Foreign:  $1,937,901,401    69.3%

Worldwide:  $2,796,140,084

100k DOM and 120k OS for $220k WW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2019 at 2:09 AM, titanic2187 said:

It isn't substandard film industry, in fact it represent the Indian culture and their way of demonstrating visual art deeply that I have my high respect to indian film industry. Indian really use their visual style to stand out as a notable civilisation..       

On 8/24/2019 at 1:53 AM, titanic2187 said:

It can come near to 100m admit in China today. Chinese have great respect of Titanic back then til now,

Also, Titanic basically become all time champion in every corner of the world with huge margin(oftenly double of the previous record without ER bump) during 1997 , including SA and every Asian country(except india), something JP, Avatar, EG or ET failed to achieve in their respective era.  Not to mention that award season sweep.  

Also, to discount Titanic success because of romance was way popular back then is such a unfair treatment. I can argue that too to EG that its 2.8b was not impressive at all because superhero genre is such a trend now.

This is so flawed. 

As flawed as claiming the world is so prosperous  , if you minus the poor. 

Titanic popular in India,too,Titanic is popular everywhere

but this is Endgame thread