kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

I'd rather Endgame has been confirmed to pass 2.755B WW before this "post-crdit extended" version is released, so that Endgame passes the incumbent in its first run without any slight implication of being pushed at all. Then only helped by re-release/re-expansion to top WW.

Just now, justvision said:

I'd rather Endgame has been confirmed to pass 2.755B WW before this "post-crdit extended" version is released, so that Endgame passes the incumbent in its first run without any slight implication of being pushed at all. Then only helped by re-release/re-expansion to top WW.

I have a feeling these "post credit scence" is very short (2-3 minutes)....

And it seems the International markets won't get that. 

• Like 1

Yeah that's nice and all but not much. However the closer it gets to avatar WW the more likely a global rerelease happens.

The idea that Disney would give up a guarantee of the #1 WW just to not piss off Cameron is ludicrous. 

Edited by cdsacken

It’s done. With the re-release and consequently expansion, Endgame will comfortably top Avatar. If this is an worldwide re-release then HOLY SHIT, I wouldn’t doubt $3B, even if it’s just a post credits scene. If it is what I imagine it will, people will go fucking absolutely nuts.

And nope, I’m not saying what I think it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Disbelief 2

9 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

It already was a lock to beat Avatars original run. Quit crying 

Nobody cares about that and isn't what most people would even see.

They knew this wasn't going to pass Avatar so they're releasing this completely pointless new version out of desperation for it to take the #1 spot.

Anyone with half a brain knows exactly what they're doing.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

14 hours ago, Doctor Stark said:

Endgame would pass Avatar if it did not have to deal with record-low exchange rates. Give it last year’s rates and it would have already passed it. Give it 2009’s and god knows what it would achieve. Because of that, a re-release or push to get it over is totally fair. Especially when you consider Avatar got one, and Endgame’s first run is going to be higher than Avatar’s first. Endgame has even sold substantially more tickets worldwide. It absolutely deserves to pass Avatar.

Every time I feel like to shout out when i see see people exaggerate the impact of exchange rate on box office number.

Why can't people just understand the basic principle of economy?

Poor exchange rate > Higher inflation rate

Good exchange rate > Lower inflation rate.

It is already empirically proven the correlation between exchange rate and inflation. Some country like Mexico even use exchange rate as a tool to combat hyperinflation. 

It is not too hard to understand for an educated people like you and me.

I think the entire members of BoT need to undergo some basic economy lesson before they start throwing their data like they are doing trading at the share market  

• Like 4
  • Disbelief 1