kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

10 minutes ago, Quigley said:

In GREECE, it sold 78,261 admissions on its opening day. Historical data are incomplete but it is definitely among the Top 3 opening days of all time (the other two being '300' and 'Troy'). It may even be an all-time record! INCONCEIVABLE.

:excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

Everywhere sold out in Thursday too, people eager to watch it before Easter. Cinemas  are closed on Friday.

• Like 3

On 4/23/2019 at 5:20 PM, Taruseth said:

I am really curious about Germany, presales look really good, but I kinda worry that won't result in an absolutely crazy weekend.

As I have not really enough data to say some specific this is more a guess than anything else, also that it's a five day OW makes it even harder.

I'd suspect that OD could be somewhere around 350k (maybe a little bigger, could imagine that about 125k from those are from Previews) and Thursday to Friday about 1.1-1.2M (a bit above IW) for together 1.45-1.55M.

Considering the average ticket price will probably be around €12 (maybe a little less) and that would translate to €17.4M-€18.6M which would mean around $19.5M-$20.8M.

The weather is really cold right now and will stay that way until Thursday which will probably hurt the numbers a little but it should get worse after that hopefully leading to better numbers.

But this movie is really weird so I have basically no idea.

Which would put a realistic final adm. count at 4M-4.5M and that would mean around €44-50M = $49.3M-56M.

Best case scenario would be something around 400k Od and a weekend of 1.3M, presales suggest that is certainly possible. 

1.7M would be on par with TLJ.

€20.4 = $22.85M That should lead to a total of about 4.5M-5M admissions which would translate €50-57M = $56-64M

But I can also see a scenario where Thursday to Friday are a little below 1M and a Wednesday with Previews around 250k, though Presales suggest hat is highly unlikely.

OD with previews is bloody 458k admissions, that is absolutely amazing, so I let my outlook be tempered by what felt like a low number of tickets at the local cinemas.

458k and €5.057m mean that the average ticket price was just €11.04 ≈ $12.32 (comp. Avatar 893k adm for 4-day OW, ~€9.3m / $13.34m-> avg. €10.41 / $14.94 (and that was in 2009)).

458k adm on opening day means sixth best of all time (while some distributors until about ten years ago counted whatever they want as opening days (previews starting at whatever time of the prior day) since then it changed to OD means 00:01-24:00, exactly 24 hours nothing more, nothing less, which means that older movies have a disadvantage as their showings before midnights are counted as part of their opening day)

Which means that the current day of the highest starting days looks like this (in brackets the 4-day OW number / 5-day for Wednesday starts)):

LotR III 616k (2051k / 2667k) this movie has the 8th highest OW (at the time third highest after having the highest OD of all time)

Lotr II 614k (2021k / 2635k) Has 10th highest OW (at the time third highest for the then highest OD of all time)

SW PM 586k (1787k)

SW TFA 562k (2139k) 6th highest OW (TFA had a lower OD but a significantly better Weekend multi)

Skyfall 461k (1908k) 16th highest OW

Traumschiff Surprise 460k (2164k) 5th highest OW

Endgame 458k (est. 1450k / 1908k) would be 40/39th highest OW

SW TLJ 435k (1627k) just 31st highest OW.

Theoretically, SW RotS has the OD with 705k but more than 300k of those were before midnight.

That means it opened above blood TLJ and that is honestly impressive considering everyone always says Germany dislikes Superhero movies but they have been growing while the rest of the market has basically been dying. 

It's true 4-day Ow will be below TLJ though as it already had some steam being blown off by the OD but I think the 5-day will be above TLjs 4-day and that is absolutely crazy for Germany.

Also theoretically an OW of 1450k should ensure a final adm count of 4m (that would be a multi of 2.76, that might sound okay, but I think six or seven, years only one film out of the yearly top ten missed a 3x multi, furthermore opening on a Wednesday should make it even more likely as the movie will already have like a 1.37x after the OW.

So, logically this movie should clear 4.5m and have a go at 5m.

I'd say opt for the weekend would be 1650k now.

The fact that I underestimated the OD by that much means that the weekend could pretty much go anywhere, theoretically a 4-day of 1m could be possible but looking at the presales for the OW that would be absolutely awful, so I'd say 1450k is realistic, probably a little below that (1400k) as in most cinemas it has gotten enough showtimes for Friday, Saturday (higher show counts than on the other days) and Sunday it has a lot of room to grow beyond that but I don't want to get too excited yet.

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

300, Troy, and Avengers. The holy trinity. 

Endgame broke the opening-day record in Greece, according to Boxofficepro. However, I want to point out that this is in local currency (euros), not admissions.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/avengers-endgame-brings-in-169m-from-opening-day-overseas/

Worth a read.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Endgame broke the opening-day record in Greece, according to Boxofficepro. However, I want to point out that this is in local currency (euros), not admissions.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/avengers-endgame-brings-in-169m-from-opening-day-overseas/

Worth a read.

Yes ,,, They Even Said ... Highest Opening Day For A Superhero Film ..

it Is Over 78K Admissions . means 0.9 million euros ($1 Million) Opening Day 1 in Greece  ..  😮 . #InfinityWar Did $1.04 Million in OW..

Historic Start in Greece 

• Like 2

Italy impressive OD

€5.2M - 640k tickets sold. The movie is in more than 1000 screens, it should be the second biggest release ever.

Best OD ever here is €7.3M, this is the second of all time. Impressive.

Went to the cinema today, which is holiday here, no seats free a 5pm.

I saw it in english with subtitles, and these shows are usually not entirely sold.

We can expect €20M by Sunday?

Current OW record (3 days) is €22.2M.

Edited by Zamor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Zamor said:

Italy impressive OD

€5.2M - 640k tickets sold

Best OD ever here is €7.3M, this is the second of all time. Impressive.

Went to the cinema today, which is holiday here, no seats free a 5pm.

I saw it in english with subtitles, and these shows are usually not entirely sold.

We can expect €20M by Sunday?

20M? 

😅

seems to much for me. I dont think is possible but who knows.

Im expecting +3M/4M today(yesterday)

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

20M? 

😅

seems to much for me. I dont think is possible but who knows.

Im expecting +3M/4M today(yesterday)

Yeah it's probably more frontloaded even than TFA, but if we consider a possible €9-10M in 2 days, we have a full weekend to make another €10M. It's not impossible to me, we'll see.

• Like 2

For my small and humble market (Finland), I'm expecting an opening weekend of about €1.5m. That would be a 30% improvement over IW, which might not sound rip-roaring, but IW already improved enormously from its predecessors, so it's difficult to increase as much percentage-wise. But who knows with this movie. 😀

• Like 6