kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Ok. If UK also has a holiday that is 3 big markets with holidays. Some of the other big markets are playing so strong that weekdays will play strong. Charlie’s number may not far off the mark.

Based off IW and Fast 7, when you have huge overseas grosses in almost every market it still ads to a lot each day. 

41 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Ok. If UK also has a holiday that is 3 big markets with holidays. Some of the other big markets are playing so strong that weekdays will play strong. Charlie’s number may not far off the mark.

Japan, the UK and which other market?

5 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Japan, the UK and which other market?

Children’s Day holiday in S. Korea. Made 5M there.

So $10M just between UK and SK.

• Like 2

So target is around 2.5 billion by Sunday? 

It made 1.2 billion in 5 days and made another billion in the next 7 days..

seems odd it make only 300 million more next 7 days but its still on track for Avatar. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Os -china stands at 997 millions

IW was at 714 at the same

Even if EG is more front loaded i think it will pass 1300 millions

Nb: if it has Same multiplier as IW it will reach 1385

With some legs from china it can beat avatar os 

But i doubt this to happen 

Edited by Moses

2 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Can we all agree to not lose our minds, when Tuesday and Wednesday drops will be worse than Monday compared to last week.

:apocalypse:

You sure youve been on these forums for some time now?

11 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

:apocalypse:

You sure youve been on these forums for some time now?

mmmmh, 1.5 years or so, reading on here for longer though, but I still have hopes, which I know I shouldn't have and in a way, those meltdowns are funny to see, so...

Edited by Taruseth

AEG took the second weekend weekend record here with A$13.6m, beating TFAs A$11.8m. 

Already #3 all-time with A$65.8m.

Top 5 all time for context: 

1. Avatar $116m

2. TFA $94m

3. AEG $65.8m

4. AIW $62m

5. SW TLJ $58.1m

The goal is TFA - might be close 😬

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Taruseth said:

Can we all agree to not lose our minds, when Tuesday and Wednesday drops will be worse than Monday compared to last week.

Drops will be MUCH worse, and that's ok considering the holidays last week compared to nothing this week. 

It will recover over the weekend. 

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

So target is around 2.5 billion by Sunday? 

It made 1.2 billion in 5 days and made another billion in the next 7 days..

seems odd it make only 300 million more next 7 days but its still on track for Avatar. 

That was because of China. Endgame was like on steroids in China since opening till last Wednesday/Thursday due to the long holidays. This week its gonna drop very very hard there. China will basically contribute very little this week compared to last week hence why this week the gross will be lower. 

2 hours ago, Taruseth said:

This is BoT, its never gonna happen

43 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Drops will be MUCH worse, and that's ok considering the holidays last week compared to nothing this week. 

It will recover over the weekend. 

Yeah. As I said above the Chinese drops will make the overall drops look much worse than they would seem. So it would be wise for everyone to remove China’s gross from both last week and this week before comparing 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

That was because of China. Endgame was like on steroids in China since opening till last Wednesday/Thursday due to the long holidays. This week its gonna drop very very hard there. China will basically contribute very little this week compared to last week hence why this week the gross will be lower. 

This is BoT, its never gonna happen

Yeah. As I said above the Chinese drops will make the overall drops look much worse than they would seem. So it would be wise for everyone to remove China’s gross from both last week and this week before comparing 

Can it still pass 2.5b at the end of this weekend?

10 minutes ago, Nakamura said:

That should be doable. 

Domestic will add around 110-120M Mon-Sun. That leaves 185-195M for all OS markets.

Even if China falls off a cliff (which it will), say -90% from last week, that’ll still be 25M from there for Mon-Sun frame.

It did roughly 461M OS-China last week by my calculation, so need a drop in the range of 63-70% for 160M-170M OS-China. Very doable.

115M Dom

25M China

160M OS-China

2.5B by Sunday is on target I would say.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nakamura said:

It should in my opinion. 

@keysersoze sorry I forgot about replying to your mentioning me earlier. It’s impossible to tell which records of Endgame will stand and which wont. No records last, especially in growing asian and latin american markets where Endgame has set most of these records. Market growth and inflation means every record will eventually fall. 

This is especially true with Avatar 2 coming out next year. Avatar was already huge in Asian countries (where Endgame has set mulitple records) at a time when these markets were still underdeveloped or growing. Now that these markets have grown a lot I think Avatar 2 will do massive business in these countries.

As for China I dont think the next Furious movie will break Endgame’s record but I think Avatar 2 will. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Around 26 in real value. South Korea Monday Holiday.

Yeah, realized later it was too good to be true. SK holiday, UK bank holiday. Japan holiday I guess, but last Mon was holiday too so that’s no prob.

Endgame v Infinity War Comparison

Avengers Endgame is probably looking at a 375 crore nett finish if we compare it with the last Avengers film Infinity War. Endgame started with a 71% lead ond ay one which had settled at around 65% at the end of the week. 

This trend is continuing with the second week is also looking to be 65% better as the first three days are 66% better. The lifetime numbers of Infinity War were 228.47 crore and if we add 65% to that then it gives a 377 crore nett total. 

The trend of the two films are so very similar from how they behaved over the first weekend to the drops they have had till now. Even the footfalls of both films will not be much different at the end with Endgame finding a little more audience but not by much. The target for Endgame is 2 crore footfalls which will be a first for Hollywood in India. The first ten day comparison between Endgame and Infinity War is as follows

First Day

Endgame  - 53,52,00,000 (71.31%)

Infinity War - 31,24,00,000

First Weekend 

Endgame - 1,58,46,00,000 (68.16%)

Infinty War - 94,23,00,000

First Week 

Endgame - 2,58,37,00,000

Infinity War - 1,56,52,00,000 (65.07%)

Second Weekend 

Endgame - 51,25,00,000

Infinity War - 30,76,00,000 (66.61%)