kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

So after Monday, we will be at about $2.685 billion worldwide. Interestingly enough, Infinity War went on to make another $143m worldwide after the Dom. Memorial Weekend. Endgame would only need to make 71% of this number to pass Avatar....

Going to be close. 

It's going to drag on forever :( 

Passing it or not still won't be there by the time Spiderman comes out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Just like endgame stan non-stop jerking off by claiming passing 3b is locked, passing TFA in Dom is locked, passing avatar is locked.....

We all the same , if not how this thread got 150+ pages?

3B was only me. I take full responsibility for that overhype. I really thought that 3B was happening after 1.2B global OW but then it turned out that legs weren't quite there or whatever else prevented that milestone to happen. 

Mendolson writes his articles before the box office numbers come out and doesn’t even bother to edit. It’s annoyingly! 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/05/26/box-office-avengers-endgame-tops-800-million-domestic-and-nears-27-billion-worldwide/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

“Marvel and Walt Disney’s Avengers: Endgame earned an additional $17.2 million (-43%) over its fifth Fri-Sun weekend frame and $22.4 million over the Fri-Mon holiday.“

”Nonetheless, Avengers: Endgame also passed the $2.7 billion mark this weekend, making it (obviously) the second movie to do so aside from Avatar. It’s still something of a coin toss as to whether Avengers: Endgame passes the $2.788 billion global cume of Avatar. Inflation means that Avatar and obviously Titanic sold a lot more tickets back in their respective days.”

• Disbelief 1

19 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Will the Cameronstan dickriders stop with their bullshite. Obviously what Endgame is doing is much more impressive than what Avatar and its inflated bullshit 3D did. Endgame already slaughtered it worldwide in tickets sold. Warm glass of ‘shut the hell up’ to the Jimstans. 

Similarly, the reason Endgame outperforms Avatar in ticket sales is because of market expansion and so on, so it kind of evens out in the end. Though, looking at both runs in context, I have a hard time thinking Endgame's run is more impressive. Avatar's run is only topped by Titanic's in the past 25 years and their runs are far and away the most impressive ones.

Edited by Dale Cooper
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Mendolson writes his articles before the box office numbers come out and doesn’t even bother to edit. It’s annoyingly! 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/05/26/box-office-avengers-endgame-tops-800-million-domestic-and-nears-27-billion-worldwide/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

“Marvel and Walt Disney’s Avengers: Endgame earned an additional $17.2 million (-43%) over its fifth Fri-Sun weekend frame and $22.4 million over the Fri-Mon holiday.“

”Nonetheless, Avengers: Endgame also passed the $2.7 billion mark this weekend, making it (obviously) the second movie to do so aside from Avatar. It’s still something of a coin toss as to whether Avengers: Endgame passes the $2.788 billion global cume of Avatar. Inflation means that Avatar and obviously Titanic sold a lot more tickets back in their respective days.”

He is drunk, his obsession with inflation adjusted figure made me sick. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Will the Cameronstan dickriders stop with their bullshite. Obviously what Endgame is doing is much more impressive than what Avatar and its inflated bullshit 3D did. Endgame already slaughtered it worldwide in tickets sold. Warm glass of ‘shut the hell up’ to the Jimstans. 

Source please.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dale Cooper said:

Similarily, the reason Endgame outperforms Avatar in ticket sales is because of market expansion and so on, so it kind of evens out in the end. Though, looking at both runs in context, I have a hard time thinking Endgame's run is more impressive. Avatar's run is only topped by Titanic's in the past 25 years they're far and away the most impressive ones.

Yawn! That’s your argument? ‘Market size increase?’ Give me a freaking break. Avatar also didn’t have the rise of streaming services, social media, movies coming quicker to dvd/digital download. The brutal competition of summer releases. Etc. Endgame’s run was/is more impressive than Avatars. Poor Jimtrolls, can’t handle it they’re not number 1 and 2 anymore.

18 minutes ago, scabab said:

I hope it doesn't pass Avatar now, if it has to trickle past it then it's not deserved.

Star Wars, ET, Jurassic Park, Titanic and Avatar all became #1 by a vast margin. 

Add it as another record to EG - winning by the thinnest margin.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dale Cooper said:

Avatar's run is only topped by Titanic's in the past 25 years and their runs are far and away the most impressive ones.

Only an MCU fan could think otherwise.

And before someone calls me a cameronite or whatever, I've seeing only 1/3rd of Avatar and thought it looked bland.

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Avatars run not factoring currency rates was absolutely more impressive. Titanic was way more impressive than both. Like not even close.

And Gwtw and Star Wars was more impressive than that. We can keep doing this all day.

34 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Because it's the biggest movie in a decade? Titanic one would have been 1000 pages, from stans who saw it 20-30 times in theater. No question that no matter how crazy MCU fans they will never rival titanic stans not even Avatar sniffs that level. Nothing will ever again.

The hysteria from that film was so crazy I remember it and I was 12. That's not an insult it's impressive. The love for that film is undeniable. 

It's like comparing Nadal to Federer. Sure Nadal is amazing and my favorite, but Federer is the GOAT like Titanic. Without question.

Oh man, best comparison! Had to stop lurking and say something.  So then if Federer is Titanic and Nadal is Avatar does that mean Djokovic is Endgame? I don't know, in my mind that's just perfect.

• Like 1