Jump to content
kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, KJsooner said:

 

Jfc. It’s at 2.4 billion going into its 2nd weekend(let me repeat 2ND weekend) in release. It’ll cross Avatar by Memorial Day weekend. 2.5 billion by Sunday. It’s locked to beat Avatar. 

I sure hope you are right, but it is not locked. Endgame is more front-loaded than A:IW. Also a large chunk of Endgame that makes it much more impressive than A:IW in OS has been due to China (which was even more front loaded due to May 1 to 4 holiday), which is well known for its short legs.

  • Disbelief 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, justvision said:

I sure hope you are right, but it is not locked. Endgame is more front-loaded than A:IW. Also a large chunk of Endgame that makes it much more impressive than A:IW in OS has been due to China (which was even more front loaded due to May 1 to 4 holiday), which is well known for its short legs.

It's absolutely locked.

 

US has at least 130 more with the worst legs ever after this weekend.

Absolute worst finish I could fathom is 2.8.

 

It's forecasted to pass it by May 27th. Based on the latest results I'd bump it back 1 week.

 

At the end of the month IW was at 632 DOM. End Game will be over 815 million at same point. IW earned another 46 million. If it does absolutely horrendous it's gonna be 850.

Edited by cdsacken
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol @ the overreactions on this forum. One good number and $3B talks start and onr not-so-good number and it's gonaa miss Avatar! :D

 

The question isn't whether it is gonna surpass Avatar, but when. Looking at the current trend, the prediction of overtaking Avatar by Memorial weekend is far too optimistic, and the earliest it could get there seems to be 1st weekend of June. It may take another couple of weeks to get there if drops are not as good as hoped, but it will get there for sure.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fake said:

Lol @ the overreactions on this forum. One good number and $3B talks start and onr not-so-good number and it's gonaa miss Avatar! :D

 

The question isn't whether it is gonna surpass Avatar, but when. Looking at the current trend, the prediction of overtaking Avatar by Memorial weekend is far too optimistic, and the earliest it could get there seems to be 1st weekend of June. It may take another couple of weeks to get there if drops are not as good as hoped, but it will get there for sure.

As long as it can get there, I really don't care about how much time it will need, lol ...

So according to you, it will eventually pass Avatar? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

so heading for 2.8b-2.99b at the moment?

Something like that. China is overperforming this weekend like 20% (compared to predictions), question is how well will DOM hold this and next weekend (next weekend should be first drop under 50%)

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Yeah this isn't gonna surpass Avatar. Let's just accept it and move on.

 

I hope you get permanently banned... How many times have you got threadbanned already? There has to be a limit to trolling and also concern trolling... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Yeah this isn't gonna surpass Avatar. Let's just accept it and move on.

 

I guess 1 ban isn't enough for you. Enough with the trolling already, all your posts end with only 1 conclusion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, justvision said:

I sure hope you are right, but it is not locked. Endgame is more front-loaded than A:IW. Also a large chunk of Endgame that makes it much more impressive than A:IW in OS has been due to China (which was even more front loaded due to May 1 to 4 holiday), which is well known for its short legs.

Lol at China being front loaded... It will make 620M atleast in China from 5 day opening of 300M+OW .... Also Endgame has better legs in China and better reception than Infinity War. Also in every other market Endgame is increasing by 30% from IW... When you open to 1.2B OW front loading is not the correct word I would use.... Just look at last year IW made 1B in 11 days and that was a record... Endgame made 2B in 11 days it almost doubled so Endgame is sprinting while other movies go at slow and steady pace... That is the only difference

Link to post
Share on other sites

This Friday number is the key. Whatever amount it grosses on Friday, it will do 12x of that during the rest of the run. For example, if it does 40M today, it will gross 480M or so including Friday (4x IM for 160M Fri-Sun and 3x multiplier from Fri-Sun). EG is 2328.2M as of Thursday. Another 480M will take its gross past 2.8B.

 

However, if it comes 38M or lower, I would concede that it might miss Avatar.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fake said:

This Friday number is the key. Whatever amount it grosses on Friday, it will do 12x of that during the rest of the run. For example, if it does 40M today, it will gross 480M or so including Friday (4x IM for 160M Fri-Sun and 3x multiplier from Fri-Sun). EG is 2328.2M as of Thursday. Another 480M will take its gross past 2.8B.

 

However, if it comes 38M or lower, I would concede that it might miss Avatar.

Do you have the number of OS-China friday last week? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.