kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Eh we all doubted IW would do 2 billion, with huge grosses the film will be making decent money for a while.

I didn’t doubt 2B. And to be clear, beating Avatar is still the most likely outcome. It’s just that you can now find a path under if you squint.

8 minutes ago, youcantseemyname said:

JW3 is getting very good reviews and could open similar to Pikachu or even higher next week.

Yeah... I doubt that happens OS. It's still niche, with restrictive ratings and without premium formats. 

Just now, danhtruong5 said:

Wait, Wasn't the international total $1,667.8 million going into the weekend? Numbers seem a bit off??

1667.8+102.4=1770.1, not 1762 as the estimate report. 

Past of the weekend total are from Thursday result, every countries define their weekend differently.

The number is correct, 102.4m is not a strict FSS number, but inclusive of some Thursday number from some countries 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Past of the weekend total are from Thursday result, every countries define their weekend differently.

The number is correct, 102.4m is not a strict FSS number, but inclusive of some Thursday number from some countries 

So it is not at 1667.8 after thursday as the report said? 

3 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

No, it was 1667.8 after Thursday. Some of that is also part of the 102.4 weekend, since Thursday is part of the box office weekend in many countries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

It's at 1667.8m as Thursday. The strict FSS number should be 94.2m, but due to some countries include their thursday's gross as weekend, the weekend number hence become 102.4m.

Some double counting here, Thursday's number has already included in some of the weekend gross.     

that is how the OS box office gross is computed.   The 102.4m reported here has already been reported in Thursdays tracking 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, youcantseemyname said:

JW3 is getting very good reviews and could open similar to Pikachu or even higher next week.

A violent R-rated film isn't going to touch the family audience that AEG has. 

It will only affect the older male crowd, which I'd argue are the ones who have already seen it. Judging by it's increasingly strong Saturday bumps, AEG is being driven by families at this point. 

6 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

It will only affect the older male crowd, which I'd argue are the ones who have already seen it. Judging by it's increasingly strong Saturday bumps, AEG is being driven by families at this point. 

Regardless it shouldn't be anywhere near the hurt that Deadpool 2 was on IW. The question is can Endgame staunch its drops to take advantage of that or is the inherent frontloading going to be too big to overcome

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

True, Judging by the strong saturday bump that EG had all around the globe, I doubt even Pikachu with PG rating is snatching the family away from EG, let alone a R-rated film with limited international appeal

• Like 1