kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

13 minutes ago, Moses said:

Do we have any new international numbers??

I think OS numbers can compensate the drop of domestic numbers.

1320 millions will secure passing avatar

Current estimates seem to point at 1.305B or a little bit higher. I'm hoping for 1.315B

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

List of franchises films that went up from a 2b WW gross :

Avengers Endgame

List of franchise films that went up from a 1.1B WW gross:

Avengers: Infinity War

Avengers: Endgame  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I just realised that the only other film that was able to rise from a 1B WW gross was TDKR and that was with TDK and the really, really late push above 1B that barely still could be counted as part of it's initial run...

(Question is will Frozen 2 or RTOS be able to do it)

1 hour ago, Taruseth said:

I just realised that the only other film that was able to rise from a 1B WW gross was TDKR and that was with TDK and the really, really late push above 1B that barely still could be counted as part of it's initial run...

Yeah, we might soon need to move the bar to 1.4B for it to remain a Thanos exclusive club.        

Going down to 900M WW nets you a plethora of additions (listed by descending gross of the movie they’re increasing from):  

Despicable Me 3

PotC: Stranger Tides  

HP:DH2

Finding Dory

HP:DH1

TLotR:TRotK   

Half-Blood Prince was 6M short, and The Battle of the Five Armies was 2.5M short.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Did not know a phrase called “Of Skywalker” existed.

This will end at $2.8 billion or higher. RIP Avatar and it’s worldwide crown that didn’t even last 10 years.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Other reasonable contenders for this threshold include:

BP2

JW3

F&F9

AQM2

CM2

4 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

That question makes zero sense. It is all relevant. Yes had it opened, for example, at 100 million and did 850 million it would be considered a titanic-like box office run. You can even apply that to movies that failed, had BvS opened at 100 million and then did 330 million it would have been considered a success. The thing is that post-ow both infinity saga movies had weak legs in the U.S and these legs costed them some box office milestones that seemed certain after the ow. Nobody is saying that they weren’t gigantic box office successes , some people should stop oversimplifying things so much to win an argument. Both movies had worse legs than expected in the U.S compared to their OW. For me, endgame dropping in dailies behind IW is shocking.

If BvS opened to 100m not even 400m would save its face... 150m to 450m would be so-so.... 166m was suppose to be at least that number... not because of multupliers, but because of batman and superman.. civil war should have done even more, but at least people could hide behind "its cap3, not an awesome avengers 2.05"... in vacuum with MCU being big BvS should have still been bigger than cw and both should have been bigger than what they ended up being...in vacuum in which we start from scratch maybe they would both fail..in 90's they surely would...shoulda coulda woulda...so as you can see you cant compare JUST numbers per se... you need to apply as many variables as possible if you need to succeed... just like what you should be doing to score with the hottest girl on the dancefloor TTVOMJ

41 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

It was not part of its initial run. It was re-released. Everyone except biased BOM editors said so at the time (and even they basically admitted it by calling it a "relaunch").

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

Did not know a phrase called “Of Skywalker” existed.

This will end at $2.8 billion or higher. RIP Avatar and it’s worldwide crown that didn’t even last 10 years.

Isn't that what the movie is titled?

The Rise of Skywalker?

23 minutes ago, Quigley said:

It was not part of its initial run. It was re-released. Everyone except biased BOM editors said so at the time (and even they basically admitted it by calling it a "relaunch").

Yeah, true was released way to late to be truly part of initial run.

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 1

I remember during the run of IW last year, at a certain point we were asking whether it will pass 2 B or not and it finished its run with 42 millions more.

I think the same scenario will happen with EG and it will pass avatar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Asyulus said:

Endgame will (may) barely beat it, while Avatar, when released, beat the previous WW champion by 50% and the #2 movie by f***ing 150%.

Endgame's opening was something never seen before, but Avatar's performancer was just on a totally different level.

Edited by Omni
  • Like 7

38 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Feel like we haven't had numbers in a while..

updated under%/over% Avatar predictions please

For instance if Endgame was 100% locked you would write 0%/100%... thank you

On Sunday, I figured it was 50/50. But with EG falling behind IW dailies all over the world, I'd say its about 33/67 now. China's run is petering out and could just abruptly end next Thursday if there is no extension. Domestic is starting to trail IW dailies which ultimately points to a final total around 835m. China/Domestic won't have too much variance from here on out - just a few million either way. That leaves it to OS-China as the X-factor to make the final push. As luck would have it, Mojo just updated OS totals, and the OS-China portion is -65.6% week over week through Wednesday. Even accounting for various overseas holidays last week, that's a very steep drop. Unless EG stabilizes immediately, it's going to miss the head.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $737,978,374    29.2%
Foreign:  $1,793,400,000    70.8%

Worldwide:  $2,531,378,374  

OS is updated 

breakdown please, hows it comparing to infinity war?

• Like 1