kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

So end game is the highest grossing mv in Singapore beating IW. 

End game as of 3rd weekend : 12.493mn usd

Infinity war total : 12.195mn usd

Infinity war made 1.4mn after its 3rd weekend.. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

So $23mn Approx OS-C in 3rd Weekdays till Wednesday. Full 3rd Week will be $29mn Approx.

Need to stabilize ASAP. Can't afford 50% drop from here on. Gonna be very close.

What do you mean by full 3rd week? 23M for Mon-Tue-Wed right? What about the 29M?

2nd and 3rd weeks drops have been bad (accounting for China 4-day Labor Day). Thinking about 40/60 now, but we’ll need the 4th weekend to stop trending down so steeply.  

Edited by Thanos Legion

China and Korea are headed towards 55% drops as we are close to end of their runs. France(courtesy cine director) and Germany(insidekino) are also predicting 50% drops. So it needs strong holds in rest of europe, japan and Brazil(not sure about rest of LA) to make up. So a 50% drop would be low 50's for the OS weekend. Good news is there is no competition for Endgame this weekend. At least Aladdin and Zilla after this wont be so small.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, youcantseemyname said:

How was IW late drops OS? Was it sub 50% every week?

It did not have the same release dates compareable to A:EG, in especial China skewed the drops in another way

11 hours ago, Omni said:

Endgame will (may) barely beat it, while Avatar, when released, beat the previous WW champion by 50% and the #2 movie by f***ing 150%.

Endgame's opening was something never seen before, but Avatar's performancer was just on a totally different level.

Exchange rates + 3D. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It’s been a while that I follow overseas numbers this closely, but I’m... not entirely sure if this is how it works?

Aren’t the OS updates incomplete until the actuals come Monday, once the OS numbers start getting updated weeklly? Or Jatinder has some kind of global access that confirm the BOM numbers?

I believe BOM only update official number from the studios. Maybe they found a way to get numbers from them. What do you want to know exactly? 

10 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

So it did like 27.5m between Monday to Wednesday. We dont know what that number means. Does it include Asia Thursday? Anyway its better to compare week to week drops on sunday. To me the number looks good. No point comparing to IW as its way bigger that that.

No.

34 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I know that, but the reason there isn’t a breakdown of them is because this aren’t the actual final numbers. At least I’m pretty sure that I saw OS numbers going up with actuals after they start reporting the actuals weekly.

@Gavin Feng @Fullbuster @Olive and other OS analysts

Am I saying some non-sense here? My understanding is that we only get the full OS numbers after the breakdown.

China: 1.8M Mon, 1.6M Tue, 1.4M Wed, 1.3M Thu

OS-China: 7.1M Mon, 7.9M Tue, 7.9M Wed, 7M Thu? 

I think they add up nicely to BOM total

6 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

China: 1.8M Mon, 1.6M Tue, 1.4M Wed, 1.3M Thu

OS-China: 7.1M Mon, 7.9M Tue, 7.9M Wed, 7M Thu? 

I think they add up nicely to BOM total

Oh, got it. Thank you, I wasn't able to crack the OS-C weekday numbers.

Unlike Jatinder, I do think OS-C has at least $100m more in the tank this Friday until the end of the run.

I agree that Endgame needs better drops to top Avatar with at least some distance, but it seems completely reachable for me.

$1300m OS-C, $638m C, $850m Dom, like you said.

Avatar will end up getting topped with late Summer numbers from the domestic haul. It's kinda poetic, haha.