kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

People seem to forget how Oscar buzz help AVatar and Titanic in their run......

An advantage that EndGame won't have, and oscar buzz are absolutely an adding point especially in USA/europe

You think that Endgame isn’t going to be nominated for best picture? :hahaha:

I have Endgame ending it’s box office run ahead of Avatar unadjusted. It will crawl until there but it will do it. But thinking this won’t get Oscar buzz AND a re-release after getting nominares - it will - would be underestimating what Endgame is.

Edited by ZattMurdock

It’d be nice if just once we could come into an ‘Endgame’ box office thread and not read all the stupid crap from the Cameron-stans. Gets tiring to have all the Camtrolls poisoning well all the time. Nobody cares! Take that crap to the ‘franchise war’ thread or something.

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

You think that Endgame isn’t going to be nominated to best picture? :hahaha:

I am saying Endgame oscar buzz won't benefit the movie like how oscar buzz benefiting both AVATAR and Titanic.

But now, looks like Oscar BP nomination for EG will be an great excuse to bring EG back to big screen and pass AVATAR eventually.    

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Avatars run not factoring currency rates was absolutely more impressive. Titanic was way more impressive than both. Like not even close.

I don't know...maybe people just like to say dumb things. Or can be delusional to incredible levels. On a market-to-market comparison, Avatar crushes Endgame pretty much everwhere - except in the (MANY) ones that were basically non-existent a decade ago.

Before Avatar was released, there was no movie above the 2B mark worldwide. The #2 movie was Return of the King with 1.1B+. That shows how terribly difficult was to just get to the billion, and how unreachable the 2B mark looked. Avatar got to 2.75B.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

8 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

People seem to forget how Oscar buzz help AVatar and Titanic in their run......

An advantage that EndGame won't have, and oscar buzz are absolutely an adding point especially in USA/europe

They both were re-released and Disney would be crazy not to do it for End Game.

Just now, Omni said:

I don't know...maybe people just like to say dumb things. Or can be delusional to incredible levels. On a market-to-market comparison, Avatar crushes Endgame pretty much everwhere - except in the (MANY) ones that were basically non-existent a decade ago.

Before Avatar was released, there was no movie above the 2B mark worldwide. The #2 movie was Return of the King with 1.1B+. That shows how terribly difficult was to just get to the billion, and how unreachable the 2B mark looked. Avatar got to 2.75B.

Avatar was incredible. Adjust for currency and it drops 400-500. Still amazing and inflation adjusted still beats endgame.

Congrats to Avatar and James Cameron if it’s able to keep its top spot. 

With that being said, James Cameron can now continue his focus on making his boss, The Mouse, more money with the sequels.

The mouse doesn’t lose. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Oh man, best comparison! Had to stop lurking and say something.  So then if Federer is Titanic and Nadal is Avatar does that mean Djokovic is Endgame? I don't know, in my mind that's just perfect.

Sure I could see that. That's perfect. All 3 greats with Fed on top. Love fed too btw. He's amazingly gracious as a person and in his play. 

4 minutes ago, Omni said:

You just now posted a lot of delusional b/s in your last post. Not going to get anywhere with posters like you who have their heads ‘stuck in the sand.’ 

1 minute ago, Iron Raf said:

With that being said, James Cameron can now continue his focus on making his boss, The Mouse, more money with the sequels.

The mouse doesn’t lose. 

Not so fast.....I will never say Avatar is safe until last theater in the world quit showing EG  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

It’d be nice if just once we could come into an ‘Endgame’ box office thread and not read all the stupid crap from the Cameron-stans. Gets tiring to have all the Camtrolls poisoning well all the time. Nobody cares! Take that crap to the ‘franchise war’ thread or something.

So Endgame is projected to get within 99% of Avatar's WW gross, and you seriously think these fights can be kept out of a forum filled with MCU and Cameron fans.

The only thing that could avoid all of that would be objectivity, but it's a rare thing when you root for a team.

50 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Will the Cameronstan dickriders stop with their bullshite. Obviously what Endgame is doing is much more impressive than what Avatar and its inflated bullshit 3D did. Endgame already slaughtered it worldwide in tickets sold. Warm glass of ‘shut the hell up’ to the Jimstans. 

Considering the content of that sentence, I have a proposition for you : shut up!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

You just now posted a lot of delusional b/s in your last post. Not going to get anywhere with posters like you who have their heads ‘stuck in the sand.’ 

Can't be delusional when you're neither an MCU lover neither a Cameron one.

Besides, just explain things instead of posting empty words. In a discussion, you should say "see, you're wrong because of x, y and z".

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

48 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

3B was only me. I take full responsibility for that overhype. I really thought that 3B was happening after 1.2B global OW but then it turned out that legs weren't quite there or whatever else prevented that milestone to happen. 

Oh trust me, I have seen plenty of 3.2B+ is the new target, Avatar is not even a question,  3.5B possible if it gets a Christmas release (good luck with China then). You're not the only one, and yours is not even among the most "out there" predictions.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

Oh trust me, I have seen plenty of 3.2B+ is the new target, Avatar is not even a question,  3.5B possible if it gets a Christmas release (good luck with China then). You're not the only one, and yours is not even among the most "out there" predictions.

:rofl:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

The mouse doesn’t lose. 

Daily reminder Jim owns the Avatar IP and the Mouse pays him so they can use his IP in their theme park.

• Like 4