kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

2 hours ago, PKMLover said:

Just looked back at numbers of IW in some Latin America countries and compared to numbers of EG so far and realised that the ER seemed to become worse after just one year.

That number of EG in Venezuela is ridiculous so far $801K comparing to the total of $6M of IW last year.... The ER totally collapsed there. 

While the exchange rate is indeed bad, you shouldn't use Venezuela as an example. It's a unique case that is not related to the rest of the continent.

• Like 1

We're in the Crawlgame now!

Jokes aside, I still think it gets past $2.75, but not much further than that ($1-5 million more, depending on what sort of late push Disney are planning, and yes, those are the numbers we're talking about with a push at this stage), making a viable re-release before it hits Disney+ that could actually push the film to the record and not just bring it closer (imagine the press if Disney re-release Endgame later this year with the intent to break the record and it fails, wouldn't look god now would it), well it's less likely now than it was a few weeks ago.

Still $2.75 billion is a hell of a number that maybe one or two movies max will be able to reach in the next decade.

I mean think about how many movies have overtaken Titanic so far. Right? That's what I'm talking about. And who knows if in the next decade another movie will even get this high, that's also a real possibility with all this political instability in the world and everyone pulling either in one direction or the other, no middle ground anywhere.

8 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

How much money left in the OS tank after this weekend? $10M ??

I think $2.750B is a round number and can be the miletone for its final achievement. 

It's got multiple months left. We'll see.

16 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

How much money left in the OS tank after this weekend? $10M ??

I think $2.750B is a round number and can be the miletone for its final achievement. 

Internationally, yes.
But Domestically it's still got more than 10 million in the tank. 

Last weeks full week total was 11.9 million. this weeks full 7 day total will be around 8 million. Summer weekdays are kicking in domestically with kids off school, which means stronger weekday grosses. 

Next weekend will have a Father's Day bump, the weekend after fellow Disney release Toy Story 4 opens which should also lead to a relatively light drop. The FFH could give it some decent legs to start out July. 

I'd say there is closer to another 20 million left domestically barring any rerelease. 

As many in here have said, we will just have to wait and see.....

14 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

We're in the Crawlgame now!

Jokes aside, I still think it gets past $2.75, but not much further than that ($1-5 million more, depending on what sort of late push Disney are planning, and yes, those are the numbers we're talking about with a push at this stage), making a viable re-release before it hits Disney+ that could actually push the film to the record and not just bring it closer (imagine the press if Disney re-release Endgame later this year with the intent to break the record and it fails, wouldn't look god now would it), well it's less likely now than it was a few weeks ago.

Still $2.75 billion is a hell of a number that maybe one or two movies max will be able to reach in the next decade.

I mean think about how many movies have overtaken Titanic so far. Right? That's what I'm talking about. And who knows if in the next decade another movie will even get this high, that's also a real possibility with all this political instability in the world and everyone pulling either in one direction or the other, no middle ground anywhere.

If Disney were to commit to a push, it wouldn't fail to beat the record. 

As with saw with Wrinkle in Time, once they've committed to the push, they ensure that it happens. 

They expanded it in it's 10th weekend +1700 theatres from the weekend before, and then did a smaller expansion again in week 15 to ensure it crossed 100 million. And that figure was far less important than the #1 WW all time. 

Disney knows what they are doing.

8 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

As with saw with Wrinkle in Time, once they've committed to the push, they ensure that it happens. 

They expanded it in it's 10th weekend +1700 theatres from the weekend before, and then did a smaller expansion again in week 15 to ensure it crossed 100 million. And that figure was far less important than the #1 WW all time. 

But that was 3 million extra though. This is going to be a 30 million gap. An expansion is 100% not getting that much. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

100m threshold give them higher portion of share of revenue when come to home media market.

#1 WW all time will be a pure symbol milestone.  

I don't think it's in Disney's interest to get Endgame up to #1 worldwide. Endgame has already made its money, Avatar 2 hasn't yet and it's still very much up in the air just how much the public will welcome its return. Being able to promote Avatar as the biggest movie in the history of ever is worth quite a bit I would say. 

Endgame ends at 2755-2760.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MattW said:

I don't think it's in Disney's interest to get Endgame up to #1 worldwide. Endgame has already made its money, Avatar 2 hasn't yet and it's still very much up in the air just how much the public will welcome its return. Being able to promote Avatar as the biggest movie in the history of ever is worth quite a bit I would say. 

Endgame ends at 2755-2760.

EG could still win and then they rerelease avatar again and it still can be marketed

• Like 1