kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Projections from here on are kind of irrelevant. This is not a normal late-legs thing - on the domestic side at least. Movie could just make 15/20M more WW, or benefit from Toy Story 4, FFH or Labor's Day...or all of them. And those would not be rereleases. Domestic range actually goes from 840- to 855+.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Omni said:

Projections from here on are kind of irrelevant. This is not a normal late-legs thing - on the domestic side at least. Movie could just make 15/20M more WW, or benefit from Toy Story 4, FFH or Labor's Day...or all of them. And those would not be rereleases. Domestic range actually goes from 840- to 855+.

agreed, as of now it seems ww total without a re release will be 2760-2770, however that doesnt account any push or any benefit from the other movies

Two targets:

1. First run > 2.755B WW, undisputably surpassing the incumbent's first run record. From the relatively good hold domestically and OS, this is highly achievable
  2. Re-release(s) adding another 30M or so, taking over all time WW. This depends on Disney's intention
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Omni said:

That seems like an extremely optimistic view to me.

IW made about 15m the rest of the way, and if you start at the point in time that saw IW make about as much as Endgame does now, there are less than 10m left. Seeing how Endgame is constantly dropping slightly worse than IW did, there isn't really much reason to assume that this is suddenly going to change. Unless there is a very drastic spike in interest, it should be around 840m in the end. And even with a spike it's very unlikely to get past 845m.

31 minutes ago, thenerdal said:

I see people are being too optimistic still. And no way is a rerelease this year making 30 million. 

Dont be so sure... half the planet lost its theater count.. but not the interest.. i want to watch it.. know alot of other people that do.. but except summer open air theaters i cant hope to see it without a full fledged re release with material added onto it.. a stinger at the end perhaps? otherwise there is no need to do it anyway... admission wise he is already above avatar if someone gets a hard on for that... why re release it if not for the title? They are so close they will probably be mentioned in the same sentence when mentioning records and disney owns both.. if they want they can re release both, make them reswitch places and still get all the press in the world keeping it fresh in people's minds with added value of free marketing for their big december 2021 release.. cant wait for AVEDAR2!

TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Geez lol people are that hard up to beat Avatar? Fans must have a lot of free time and money to watch movies over 10 times for a record that benefits no one but the company that made them. Not trying to offend anyone but wow, that's a lot of dedication. 

Edited by Sagemode87
  • Like 3

Becoming the biggest movie of all time by trickling past the current leader is lame.

You want something to smash Avatar not trickle past. Like how Avatar smashed Titanic, Titanic smashed Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park smashed E.T etc.

• Like 5
  • ...wtf 2

3 minutes ago, scabab said:

Becoming the biggest movie of all time by trickling past the current leader is lame.

You want something to smash Avatar not trickle past. Like how Avatar smashed Titanic, Titanic smashed Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park smashed E.T etc.

Becoming the biggest movie of all time (which to be clear it's still pretty unlikely for Endgame to do that) in any way is not "lame".

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, scabab said:

I would gather there is close to zero chance anything smashes Avatar in the next decade+

If Avatar 2 pulls a miracle and does it, I imagine it will be under 3B with China dragging it across.

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

I would gather there is close to zero chance anything smashes Avatar in the next decade+

If Avatar 2 pulls a miracle and does it, I imagine it will be under 3B with China dragging it across.

I think by smash he meant 500-900 million more than the current record. 3 billion would be phenomenal, but not really smashing anything, really, not like Titanic smashed Jurassic Park or Avatar smashed Titanic. I think that's what he meant. And yes, we are done smashing. Only one movie this decade came even close to Avatar, and that was Endgame, so the chances of anything coming in the next decade to smash are very small. Of course that doesn't take into account the dollar plummeting, which could give another movie in the future a huge advantage in the dollar race to the worldwide record.

It's becoming increasingly harder to drag people to theaters, case in point what has been happening the last few weeks, so the idea that anything else would ever reach such heights without some serious ER luck in the next decade, well it's rather hard to believe.

I'm still in the 1.5-2 billion camp for Avatar 2, and frankly it's way way too early to really talk about that movie. Star Wars has a hard ceiling (important to note we thought the MCU had one too) and as far as the MCU goes, like seriously how do you even begin to top what Endgame did? Throw in there everything, X-Men, Avengers (old and new), Spider-Verse and I still don't think you can capture that magic again. So I say this with great sadness, the days of smashing are behind us.

• Like 1

Endgame smashed Avatar in admissions, but I think it’s still behind Titanic (and maybe some really old movies, my knowledge there is spotty).

It’s bittersweet that a 2% weaker dollar would probably have given the USD record, but hanging out with Avatar in the 2.7s is a crazy nice place to be overall.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, scabab said:

So if you beat Usain Bolt's record by 100 millisecond rather than say 1 minute or maybe more it's not amazing????? Dude if you break a record or even score 1 mark than a student who had highest marks on exam it's amazing cause no one else could achieve it..... You guys are just butthurt....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, scabab said:

5 hours ago, Menor said:

Becoming the biggest movie of all time (which to be clear it's still pretty unlikely for Endgame to do that) in any way is not "lame".

Becoming the first and only movie ever to claim "biggest movie of all time" because of a re-release is kinda lame

(Assuming it happens of course)

33 minutes ago, Royce said:

Becoming the first and only movie ever to claim "biggest movie of all time" because of a re-release is kinda lame

(Assuming it happens of course)

Avatar will be the first and only movie ever to keep the “biggest movie of all time” title because of a re-release 😛 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4