kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Now we’re talking. I think this will leave the first run below Avatar still, but close enough to go over in the next few years when before I was skeptical of that.

if they will push they will do it now, they wont wait years for it, and endgame on its own will fall short for 15-20 disney will not wait, if they will push it will be one time

13 minutes ago, john2000 said:

if they will push they will do it now, they wont wait years for it, and endgame on its own will fall short for 15-20 disney will not wait, if they will push it will be one time

I disagree. And I really doubt they can push the first run over 2.788. It was just headed to miss by too much on its own.

When I saw that news earlier I just knew I'd come back here to 3+ pages of bickering and nonsense and I was not disappointed.

This is exactly the thing I said they would do yesterday, add a couple more screens ahead of Spider-Man, which I don't doubt will boost the weekend, but nowhere near what some here think. It's not actually a re-release, as the movie is still very much in theaters. No, this is Disney giving it a boost before it's too late (before numbers drop too low) at the perfect time to do so, a couple days before Far From Home opens, which is from another studio so the double feature strategy was out the door.

Endgame will lose some more screens this weekend only to get probably 400-500 more next week ahead of Spidey. Now if they can swing like 800-1000 more, then yeah, sure, we can start having conversations about 850 million. Until then people are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

When I saw that news earlier I just knew I'd come back here to 3+ pages of bickering and nonsense and I was not disappointed.

This is exactly the thing I said they would do yesterday, add a couple more screens ahead of Spider-Man, which I don't doubt will boost the weekend, but nowhere near what some here think. It's not actually a re-release, as the movie is still very much in theaters. No, this is Disney giving it a boost before it's too late (before numbers drop too low) at the perfect time to do so, a couple days before Far From Home opens, which is from another studio so the double feature strategy was out the door.

Endgame will lose some more screens this weekend only to get probably 400-500 more next week ahead of Spidey. Now if they can swing like 800-1000 more, then yeah, sure, we can start having conversations about 850 million. Until then people are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

this boost/however will be worldwide , and again we dont know what will happen so stop being so sure without having any actual info whatsoever and wait and see

On 6/17/2019 at 10:51 PM, VanillaSkies said:

It will still be in at least 500+ theatres at that point... 
If it weren't for Annebelle taking IMAX (which I never really understand when such films that have little spectacle got o IMAX), then I'd say Disney would have been smart to re-release EG in IMAX the weekend before FFH. Ah well. 

Will be interesting to see just what Disney does. 

They will have a little bit of leeway as they are opening Toy Story 4 next weekend and exhibitors might choose to keep EG, even if only in their smallest theatres, over some other more recent films just to appease Disney who quite frankly has been the reason exhibitors have been making most of their cash this year so far!

Also, with FFH opening with midnight only shows, I wonder how many theatres might run EG at 8-8:30 pm leading up to the midnight shows. 

Much like with CM the weeks prior to EG, we are kind of in uncharted territory here, as franchise films are rarely still playing in theatres when the next chapter of the franchise opens... so really, who knows!

I mean... just sayin'

• Astonished 1

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

They should waited until August but that could be too late. Question is how wide they are going and in which countries?

as of now we know about brazil and canada, so it will probably be worldwide

38 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I disagree. And I really doubt they can push the first run over 2.788. It was just headed to miss by too much on its own.

Even without this announcement it was headed to within 15-20 million from the record. The domestic numbers the past two weeks have been steller and it's showing signs of great hold leading up to FFH. This announcement of a probable world wide release will pretty much cement it......

• Like 1

Just now, john2000 said:

Canada is still domestic and Brazil makes best sense. That has had the best run so far globally(amazing OW and amazing legs). Probably Mexico as well. Not WW as its not going to get China re-release.

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Canada is considered part of the North American box office and it's numbers are added to DOM. 

So we can't really include it as a foreign country being added. Brazil is a good indication though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Canada is still domestic and Brazil makes best sense. That has had the best run so far globally(amazing OW and amazing legs). Probably Mexico as well. Not WW as its not going to get China re-release.

True, but just because it can't rerelease in China due to restrictions doesn't mean they won't push it everywhere but a select few countries, which would still be considered world wide. Some films never even get released in China, but their releases are still deemed to be world wide releases. 

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

it will proably be ww except china of course, or else whats the point for this ?

15 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

True, but just because it can't rerelease in China due to restrictions doesn't mean they won't push it everywhere but a select few countries, which would still be considered world wide. Some films never even get released in China, but their releases are still deemed to be world wide releases. 

Come on .. WW doesn't mean they will re-release in each & every country ... i have doubt as well in china ..

yeah it will be some selected countries ...

21 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

WW doesnt mean they will re-release in each & every country ..  :D  it will be  some selected countries ...

most probably they will target Latin & Asian countries most  ... Europe has no scope i think ..

will see

Edited by Sunny Max

12 minutes ago, john2000 said:

it will proably be ww except china of course, or else whats the point for this ?

To get more money? What kind of question is that? They'd be leaving money on the table. So what if it's not enough, does that mean they shouldn't do it? No one but us and a couple blogs are saying this expansion is to get Endgame past the current WW record. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't, well at least some of us had their expectations in check. What's funny is many of the people who are making a bigger deal out of this will be the same in a month or two saying how this expansion "failed" because it didn't get Endgame to the record. Again the objective here is make more money, not break the record. And even if it was (they'd be doing more if it was, my opinion) no one in their right mind from Disney or Marvel would admit to it for many reasons that should be pretty obvious (that have absolutely nothing to do with JC, and only really the image it would create, and how they are perceived is VERY important to Disney).

Just now, AlexMA said:

To get more money? What kind of question is that? They'd be leaving money on the table. So what if it's not enough, does that mean they shouldn't do it? No one but us and a couple blogs are saying this expansion is to get Endgame past the current WW record. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't, well at least some of us had their expectations in check. What's funny is many of the people who are making a bigger deal out of this will be the same in a month or two saying how this expansion "failed" because it didn't get Endgame to the record. Again the objective here is make more money, not break the record. And even if it was (they'd be doing more if it was, my opinion) no one in their right mind from Disney or Marvel would admit to it for many reasons that should be pretty obvious (that have absolutely nothing to do with JC, and only really the image it would create, and how they are perceived is VERY important to Disney).

................................. i wasnt speaking litteraly

1 minute ago, Sunny Max said:

WW doesnt mean they will re-release in each & every country ..  :D  it will be  some selected countries ...

we will see, but of course that will be the case, they will re release in areas where the movie can make money