kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

1 hour ago, Heroicpiglet said:

"Avengers: Endgame" has raked in VND285.4 billion ($12.3 million) in Vietnam since its release late April this year.

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/life/culture/action-blockbuster-a-money-marvel-at-vietnam-box-office-3941913.html

That is not offcial from Disney yet. The actual should already pass $300B. 

@nguyenkhoi282 what you think about this?

Edited by PKMLover

On 6/20/2019 at 8:32 PM, Charlie Jatinder said:

I haven't seen anyone other than Fox saying that Avatar beat 2012 in India which grossed ₹90cr.

In fact, in between run, Fox had reported that India record is out of reach but in final count they crossed 2012 by 6mn Approx.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2657&p=.htm

However, the countries that are likely out of its reach include India, Japan, Brazil, Argentina, Turkey, Belgium and Finland, and it has a long way to go in France and the United Kingdom.

Fox never reported that, and in fact had reported just the opposite. That statement you quoted was only the speculation of a Box Office Mojo writer, and it was clear even at the time that he was terribly wrong because Avatar had already surpassed 2012 in India by that point, as announced by Fox three days earlier

Acclaimed filmmaker James Cameron's 3-D sci-fi epic Avatar has grossed around Rs.101 crore at the Indian box office in five weeks. Released on December 18 last year, the movie has become the biggest Hollywood grosser at the Indian box office. It has surpassed the collections of Roland Emmerich's disaster film 2012 that had reportedly reached the Rs.100 crore mark, said a statement from Fox Star Studios India.

Avatar has also become the second biggest film in India in the last one month after Aamir Khan's hit 3 Idiots that managed to gross over Rs.315 crore worldwide in just 19 days.

With $4.7m Avatar broke the record for the biggest opening for a US film in India, 15% higher than 2012's opening, so there was nothing at all suspicious about it beating 2012 handily overall. There's no evidence and no reason to even suspect that Fox "fudged" anything.

Avengers: Endgame is having such a fantastic run and I congratulate its fans on it beating Avatar domestically and probably eventually worldwide. It doesn't need to be propped up with attempts to diminish Avatar's success.

Edited by vansen
fixed link
  • Like 2

So at this point it's fair to say its a Global relaunch, question really is how high can this thing go? 

Considering it was still making some money in some market (such as Japan which only fell 3% this weekend), we can assume that there will be at least some segment of the audience that will want to see it a final time before FFH. It's going to be close, but I think it'll take the record.

4 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

So at this point it's fair to say its a Global relaunch, question really is how high can this thing go? 

Considering it was still making some money in some market (such as Japan which only fell 3% this weekend), we can assume that there will be at least some segment of the audience that will want to see it a final time before FFH. It's going to be close, but I think it'll take the record.

like you had said, disney will probably make sure that happens

19 minutes ago, john2000 said:

like you had said, disney will probably make sure that happens

True, and I still think that. 

I just wish we had some more confirmation by now about screen numbers, etc. Hopefully it will be a case of go big or go home. 

Seems like most chains in UK are getting it back, so that's encouraging. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It’s definitely happening. Cue the music:

5 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

I came here to say this too! WOW!!!!

5 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

So this whole week = $3,920,177

Drop 26.6%

5 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Wow, it was really quite underestimated this weekend. 

I wonder what the reason was for that.... 

In any event, it's slow march to #1 continues! :P

Hold was fantastic. With the re-expansion coming up, 2.775+ WW will happen and from there it shouldn't take much from Disney to push it over the record with another Labor Day Expansion or maybe a full re-release in January.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Hold was fantastic. With the re-expansion coming up, 2.775+ WW will happen and from there it shouldn't take much from Disney to push it over the record with another Labor Day Expansion or maybe a full re-release in January.

i believe that it willl happen now, disney will make sure of that

11 minutes ago, john2000 said:

and what if that doesnt happen ? hm you seem to be so sure for your opinion 

I’d be ecstatic. I’m a huge MCU stan, but there are a lot of people in here setting themself up for disappointment with unrealistic expectations. I don’t want to have to wade through pages of people being surprised by something unsurprising two weeks from now just to read the bits of serious analysis on my favorite movie.

• Like 1