kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It was $1.6mn last weekend and $2.6mn this.

$3k. That's ok?

That's fucking huge for a re-release aka expansion that didn't get any premium movie theaters domestic.

All it needs to do now is more $10m OS and $13m Dom and it's over. Captain Marvel managed more $13m after it's Avengers: Endgame bump Domestic. We just got confirmation that Endgame is getting the re-release in Brazil this July 11th and the global rollout is still going.

The worldwide record is going down this July.

vsRXxXD.gif

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

39 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

LET’S GET SOME BRAZILIAN FUNK IN HERE

Just found out from a reddit post that technically Avatar made all of its money in its "original run" . If this is called a re expansion and not a re release than the same can be said for Avatars run. Only difference is Avatar was a slow burn and this was more of a sprint. Would you agree? 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&view=byweekend&wk=2010W34&id=avatar.htm

7 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Just found out from a reddit post that technically Avatar made all of its money in its "original run" . If this is called a re expansion and not a re release than the same can be said for Avatars run. Only difference is Avatar was a slow burn and this was more of a sprint. Would you agree? 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&view=byweekend&wk=2010W34&id=avatar.htm

It was out of domestic theaters, out of most foreign theaters, and is branded as a totally new version of the core film. It is even counted separately and then added in unlike Endgame’s new version, which is considered totally apart of the original run. I think Endgame may be re-releasing in some countries it left, so you have that point. But it is still in theaters in many countries, and was still in many theaters domestically as well. The biggest difference to me is that Avatar’s is called the Special Edition and changes the film. Endgame’s is not rebranded or anything, and just basically adds some bonuses after all of the credits. It’s more of an expansion+ than a re-release.

9 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

In Avatar case it was a little bit of different movie with a different run time:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2010/08/qa-james-cameron-talks-about-avatars-re-release

Same with the altered post-credit for the Avengers, I would imagine that altering the movie make it more clear-cut re-release, versus re-expension like Jurassic World had.

2 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

That’s factually incorrect. Here:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=releases&id=avatar.htm

In fact, Avatar had a "real" re-release, meaning, a brand new cut of its film, it was called "Avatar: Special Edition", like you can see above. Avengers: Endgame hasn’t really made a "real" re-release, but an expansion, since the film never left theaters completely. Avatar did. Like I said to Charlie yesterday, yes Avatar had the advantage of a special cut added to the fact of inflated box office tickets, but Avengers: Endgame has the advantage of being the last chapter of the Infinity Saga, with the benefit of Spider-Man: Far From Home playing as a direct sequel / epilogue. 

Both runs are among the most impressive runs of all time, in my personal opinion, the most impressive are:

1. Titanic

2. Avengers: Endgame

3. Avatar

4. Star Wars: The Force Awakens

5. The Avengers

My personal favorite box office runs that I actually actively followed are:

1. Avengers: Endgame

2. Avatar 

3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens

4. The Avengers

5. The Dark Knight

6. Spider-Man

7. Avengers: Infinity War

8. Deadpool

9. Captain America: Civil War

10. Frozen

I say that Titanic is the most impressive because it was the last of the "romance epics" of the past, and it had a completely absurd run, despite me not having internet access to actively follow. I did follow all these others though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It was $1.6mn last weekend and $2.6mn this.

$3k. That's ok?

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

PTA is only $109 less than Aladdin and that's with averaging only 2-3 showings per screen

Unless there are contracts involved there's no reason it shouldn't keep it's screens over SLOP2, MIBI, Child's Play etc

Among 82 tracked films it's 5th in PTA for any movie in over 16 theaters.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=main&yr=2019&wknd=26&sort=avg&order=DESC&p=.htm

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

That’s factually incorrect. Here:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=releases&id=avatar.htm

In fact, Avatar had a "real" re-release, meaning, a brand new cut of its film, it was called "Avatar: Special Edition", like you can see above. Avengers: Endgame hasn’t really made a "real" re-release, but an expansion, since the film never left theaters completely. Avatar did. Like I said to Charlie yesterday, yes Avatar had the advantage of a special cut added to the fact of inflated box office tickets, but Avengers: Endgame has the advantage of being the last chapter of the Infinity Saga, with the benefit of Spider-Man: Far From Home playing as a direct sequel / epilogue. 

Both runs are among the most impressive runs of all time, in my personal opinion, the most impressive are:

1. Titanic

3. Avatar

5. The Avengers

My personal favorite box office runs that I actually actively followed are:

1. Avengers: Endgame

2. Avatar 

3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens

4. The Avengers

5. The Dark Knight

6. Spider-Man

7. Avengers: Infinity War

8. Deadpool

9. Captain America: Civil War

10. Frozen

I say that Titanic is the most impressive because it was the last of the "romance epics" of the past, and it had a completely absurd run, despite me not having internet access to actively follow. I did follow all these others though.

What about GWTW, Star Wars, ET, Jurassic Park etc. I'd say those are more impressive than Force Awakens and definitely moreso than Avengers (1st one, Endgame of course belongs up there).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

1. Titanic

3. Avatar

5. The Avengers

If this is since Titanic, I agree. 

Since Jaws, I would say:

1. Titanic

2. Star Wars

3-6. Endgame / Avatar / E.T. / Jaws  being equally impressive 

7. The Force Awakens / Jurassic Park

9. The Avengers / Infinity War

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

If this is since Titanic, I agree. 

Since Jaws, I would say:

1. Titanic

2. Star Wars

3-6. Endgame / Avatar / E.T. / Jaws  being equally impressive 

7. The Force Awakens / Jurassic Park

9. The Avengers / Infinity War

I would put Jurassic Park above TFA and move IW up into the tie with TFA. I don't think IW's massive breakout in Asia should be discounted just because of TFA's insane domestic run. Overall pretty solid ranking I'd say.

Edited by Menor