kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

51 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

Yeah... dont know about the OS this week

DOM tue is less than mon this week?

cause Canada Day inflates Monday. Tuesday drop would be perfectly normal as it usually happen for all movies, or at least increases are muted. translation: nothing to panic over. :)

Edited by Valonqar
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

cause Canada Day inflates Monday. Tuesday drop would be perfectly normal as it usually happen for all movies, or at least increases are muted. translation: nothing to panic over. :)

Agreed, gimme 5% drop instead of 20% gain.

Just now, unitedkush said:

I can already hear the rage of Jimbo fanbois slamming on their keyboards of Disney fudging up the numbers.

I'm hoping EG does it because you can't get any BO discussion going on any forum without EG v Avatar dick measuring.

agreed

You guys know what. I'm tired of this sh*t. Give me the record in 2 weeks. Mic drop. 

•‎10th <= Pre-Spider-Man
-weekend (6.1) [+305%] = 841.9
-‎weekdays (4.1) = 846

•‎11th (8) [-22%] = 854 <= Far From Home

•12th (4) [-50%] = 858 <= Post-Spider-Man

•13th (3) [-25%] = 861 <= The Lion King

=> Final = $865M (2.44x multiplier), Labour Day expansion 870M

Weekend 10 = $2.765B (+14M)
Weekend 11 = $2.780B (+15M)
Weekend 12 = $2.789B (+9M)
Weekend 13 = $2.795B (+6M)
Final = $2.810B

Domestic: 870M
Overseas: 1940M
+ China: 629M
+ OS-China: 1.311B
Total: 2.810B

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 3

4 minutes ago, Hemo memo said:

What is this?

Avengers: Endgame fans coming to terms with Avatar remaining the top-grossing movie

Avengers: Endgame Is Now Less Than $25 Million Away From Toppling Avatar's Record

Predictions here make me optimistic but reading everywhere else it’s like the battle is over and Endgame already lost.

It might not pass it but the people here tend to know a lot more about box office than the people writing these articles.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SoSaysI said:

It might not pass it but the people here tend to know a lot more about box office than the people writing these articles.

Anecdotally, check out AEG showtimes at Empire 25 in NYC today;
https://www.amctheatres.com/showtimes/avengers-endgame-45840/2019-07-02/amc-empire-25/all
The first 3 shows are near sellouts, and the 4pm and 7:15pm are hours from even starting. 

It appears that Spidey opening hasn't hampered it's legs at all. 

It this plays out nationally on the domestic front, we could see some decent holds right up until July 11th. 
Couple that with the staggered OS re-release (Indonesia and Brazil now confirmed, which were huge markets for AEG) and there are definitely many paths to the record. 

It's not certain, nothing ever is in life. 

But things are certainly looking better than some of those articles will have you believe. Also, it looks like the articles don't take into account that this past weekend was severely underestimated WW. When you are talking about such a small number needed to surpass the record, things like that matter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Anecdotally, check out AEG showtimes at Empire 25 in NYC today;
https://www.amctheatres.com/showtimes/avengers-endgame-45840/2019-07-02/amc-empire-25/all
The first 3 shows are near sellouts, and the 4pm and 7:15pm are hours from even starting. 

It appears that Spidey opening hasn't hampered it's legs at all. 

It this plays out nationally on the domestic front, we could see some decent holds right up until July 11th. 
Couple that with the staggered OS re-release (Indonesia and Brazil now confirmed, which were huge markets for AEG) and there are definitely many paths to the record. 

It's not certain, nothing ever is in life. 

But things are certainly looking better than some of those articles will have you believe. Also, it looks like the articles don't take into account that this past weekend was severely underestimated WW. When you are talking about such a small number needed to surpass the record, things like that matter. 

The other obvious factor is that it is pretty clear that the re-release is going to at worst get AEG within $10 million of the record and there is just no way any studio is going to let a movie fall that short of a record like this. 

• Like 2

I wonder what those that ignored the impressive PTA that this film has since the expansion / re-release and still insisted that it would have massive theater drops will say. Most of all, what they were even thinking. That’s why I - mostly - love box office discussion here on the boards, things are sensibly more sane.

• Thanks 2

I'm thinking 4.1M this weekdays and 5M weekend, for 851M by Sunday.

OS wise, last weekdays did 4.2M. With FFH boost, i think it will add 4M more, then 2M on weekend (conservatively) for 1929M by Sunday.

They combine for 2.780B by Sunday. If that happens, Avatar will be done by the following weekend.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

I wonder what those that ignored the impressive PTA that this film has since the expansion / re-release and still insisted that it would have massive theater drops will say. Most of all, what they were even thinking. That’s why I - mostly - love box office discussion here on the boards, things are sensibly more sane.

I agree. People can flip flop on here, but over on the subreddit opinions change every half hour. Also much less trolling and stupidity here.

Edited by Doctor Stark
  • Thanks 1

Just now, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I'm thinking 4.1M this weekdays and 5M weekend, for 851M by Sunday.

OS wise, last weekdays did 4.2M. With FFH boost, i think it will add 4M more, then 2M on weekend (conservatively) for 1929M by Sunday.

They combine for 2.780B by Sunday. If that happens, Avatar will be done by the following weekend.

I will be more conservative and say around The Lion King’s release.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

I love how conservative now would have been considered lunacy two days ago.

It's funny because my prediction is exactly the same as it was before Monday number and theater counts announcement. 

I mean, it really reasonable to expect such effects from FFH onto EG.

• Like 2