kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

The writers of those articles can't believe that nonsense, I bet they're only saying that for traffic. 

Narrative. It makes casuals freak out / cry / gloat and that generates traffic, only to make bigger stories once it does. In earnest, maybe we are just giving these blogs way too much credit, they are simply clueless and expected the gap to completely end in a matter of days or that Endgame would completely lose theaters after that. We all know better.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

Narrative. It makes casuals freak out / cry / gloat and that generates traffic, only to make bigger stories once it does. In earnest, maybe we are just giving these blogs way too much credit, they are simply clueless and expected the gap to completely end in a matter of days or that Endgame would completely lose theaters after that. We all know better.

They're playing all sides to maximize ad revenue, I'd ignore anything they have to say until the final bell tolls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

"Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Have Known Endgame Would Pass Avatar"

A headline like that would not surprise me if it happens, these websites have no shame...

You just gave them a title. Wait for those let’s see... two weekends from now. :hahaha:

7 hours ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

I will say this: I find @IronJimbo annoying as all kinds of hell, but I find him far more reasonable and respectful than people give him credit for. Even more so about @JamesCameronScholar. I respect Avatar and this has been an absolutely insane ride. Just like Zoe Saldana says on this ACE ComicCon panel (around the 02:26 mark):

I hope Avengers: Endgame and Avatar keep dethroning each other throughout the years with every release they have. Both absolutely deserve it, and I’m happy to witness that.

Uhm thanks I think!

About the swapping of the positions of through re releases. Once Avatar gets a wide rerelease it's over, demand from places which didn't get to see it will be huge, could do hundreds of millions in China

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Uhm thanks I think!

About the swapping of the positions of through re releases. Once Avatar gets a wide rerelease it's over, demand from places which didn't get to see it will be huge, could do hundreds of millions in China

Even if it did not make that much, if it got it back I agree it would keep it until another movie came and got it. Even if it somehow only outgrosses Endgame by $5 million I don’t see Endgame taking it back. Marvel has never done a re-release like that, especially not when another phase was in motion. This weird thing they did with Endgame is unique, and I don’t see a full re-release happening other than MAYBE awards season or something.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Uhm thanks I think!

You know that I say stuff in jest. As for Avatar surpassing Avengers: Endgame once again and being over:

dO5N3KwdkT7UgaeSaDOwobghH3cnl8fiKttyOzZ5

:hahaha:

2 hours ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

You know that I say stuff in jest. As for Avatar surpassing Avengers: Endgame once again and being over:

dO5N3KwdkT7UgaeSaDOwobghH3cnl8fiKttyOzZ5

:hahaha:

I'd be interested to see them do some really insane thing of re-releasing all 23 movies from Phase 1 to 3 in cinemas and see how that does. 

I mean they've torn up the rule book in other places, why not with how they release? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I'd be interested to see them do some really insane thing of re-releasing all 23 movies from Phase 1 to 3 in cinemas and see how that does. 

I mean they've torn up the rule book in other places, why not with how they release? 

lol how would that work? Like one per day for a month?

After last weekend, the OS = 1923 (+6.7) , assume that the OS this whole week =4.5, then OS = 1927,5, hope it can gain another 2.5 for the rest -> 1930

Assume that the final number of the DOM = 850

Then 850+1930=2780

Considering I never expect much from this improper "re-release" ( doesn't have extended cut) with limited showtime, limited day, limited countries all around the world especially some marjor markets of EG don't have it, this is good result. 

Edited by PKMLover
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, PKMLover said:

After last weekend, the OS = 1923 (+6.7) , assume that the OS this whole week =4.5, then OS = 1927,5, hope it can gain another 2.5 for the rest -> 1930

Then 850+1930=2780

Considering I never expect much from this improper "re-release" ( doesn't have extended cut) with limited showtime, limited day, limited countries all around the world especially some marjor markets of EG don't have it, this is good result. 

Why would the final Dom # be $850m unless Disney was contractually forced or bizarrely willing to remove it from all theaters on the 11th? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, PKMLover said:

Then 850+1930=2780

The final domestic will be close to 855

Os will be close to 1935