kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

16 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

This is the first time i track July 4th weekend so still unsure how the weekend will play out. 

844.9M going into the weekend. I'm expecting 3.1M: 1+1.2+0.9. 848M by Sunday. 6.2M whole week.

Last week, DOM added 7.3M while OS added 6.8M. Assuming similar ratio, OS will be 5.7M. However, FFH should hit harder OS (still, staggered re-release may soften the blow). I guess 5M for 1928M by Sunday. 

So that's 2.776M by Sunday, give or take 1M.

Didn't quite a few OS markets open in the past couple of days for the re-release?
I believe Hong Kong is July 5th. Indonesia is either this week or next, I can't quite remember off the top of my head. Either way, should soften the OS drops quite a bit throughout the month.

12 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I'd say we go with WW. 2.776B by Sunday means a 11M week. Next week we can expect 5-6M, for ~ 2.782M total.

Every single million counts now so if Disney can squezze in 1 or 2 millions like they did with last week OS actuals, the record will arrive the weekend after Lion King.

So we can say comfortably that the record will go down before the end of July?

9 minutes ago, Hemo memo said:

So we can say comfortably that the record will go down before the end of July?

Still not sure because of the fact that not all the OS markets have re-release and the re-release is limited to them in days, showtime,...

Edited by danhtruong5

3 hours ago, 1Robert1 said:

Some people thought that record will go down month ago, so i would wait.

After the initial first two weekend worldwide numbers, I find it hard to blame anyone for thinking that. With that said, hear me and rejoice BOT, because I bring good news:

A certain someone has updated his chart and look at the week 10 and the final totals... it has been updated:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eEaG17pnLrg98zE84fWvvu_oVCucn0333xLm4QoxbEs/htmlview#

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1Robert1 said:

Some people thought that record will go down month ago, so i would wait.

No one thought that since week 4. Now that Disney has shown they want the record it's going to happen. Question is exactly when. The next couple weeks will get us a lot closer and give a better indication how long it will take.

If I may ask, what's a conservative estimate for the difference between Endgame and Avatar after this weekend? Someone asked over on Reeetera but I don't know enough about the box office to provide a ballpark number. Over/under $15 million?

35 minutes ago, Alexandros said:

If I may ask, what's a conservative estimate for the difference between Endgame and Avatar after this weekend? Someone asked over on Reeetera but I don't know enough about the box office to provide a ballpark number. Over/under $15 million?

If Charlie's chart is correct (I'm assuming he is low-balling the overseas numbers), Avengers: Endgame is now with $844.73m domestic and $1927.31B overseas, for a $2772.04B total. This means that it's estimated around $15.92m away of the worldwide record right now.

So yeah, it's safe to assume that it will be below $15m after this weekend, and I have a feeling that Charlie's chart is very conservative. 

Edited by Zatt Hawkguy Murdock
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Alexandros said:

10-12 millions

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

After the initial first two weekend worldwide numbers, I find it hard to blame anyone for thinking that.

After second weekend it had to make something like worldwide gross of Fate of the furious, so beating Avatar wasn't certain.

3 hours ago, cdsacken said:

No one thought that since week 4. 

Almost everyone thought it will win with Avatar, than almost everyone thought that Avatar will be still no.1, and now almost everyone thinks it will be all time worldwide no. 1. Disney bought Fox so they can re-release Avatar, and than release endgame director's cut. For Disney it's not about winning, but about publicity.

I don’t see how it misses when even the very worst case scenario of drops gets it within $5 million of Avatar. Not an absolute lock, but very close to being one. If this weekend goes on the higher end and gets it to like $2.778 billion, game over for sure.

It amazes me that this “is it going to beat Avatar WW” is still going on.

How in the hell can someone still doubt that it will happen???

Its only a matter of when

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, fmpro said:

There will be way less doubt after this weekend and even less after next weekend.

Some of the "will it pass" comments are wishful thinking.

43 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I think people (including me) are confused because of the many articles and some are recent of why Endgame would not pass Avatar.