kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

So, we have 2764.8 ( WW Last week) + 0.87 (mon) + 0.58 (tue) + 0.625 (wed) + 0.789 (thu) + 1.05 (fri) + 1.3 (sat: assume) + 1 (sun: assume) =2771

and now, have to wait for the number from the OS this whole week to come. The OS number is tricky tho as we dont have general idea how it is working out there in different countries at this time.

Edited by PKMLover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Disney is shameless

C’mon, don’t be a sour fanboy. Avengers: Endgame is getting these numbers because it’s the Summer, Disney saw the opportunity of re-releasing just around Spider-Man: Far From Home and went for it. Avatar will eventually become #1 once again when they re-release it, don’t worry.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Heroicpiglet said:

Disney is shameless, yes. But at last the milestone is their own glory not a reflected one.

It was time for this to happen. From all the films that break out since even Titanic, it makes sense that Avengers: Endgame, the last chapter of an overarching 22 films saga, to be the one pulling it off.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

C’mon, don’t be a sour fanboy. Avengers: Endgame is getting these numbers because it’s the Summer, Disney saw the opportunity of re-releasing just around Spider-Man: Far From Home and went for it. Avatar will eventually become #1 once again when they re-release it, don’t worry.

I wish they had done in a spectacular fashion at $3b+ or not do it at all. In the end Disney forcing the issue and people buying tickets for the sole reason of beating the record will end up making the difference and that is just ugh...

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2

2 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

I wish they had done in a spectacular fashion at $3b+ or not do it at all. In the end Disney forcing the issue and people buying tickets for the sole reason of beating the record will end up making the difference and that is just ugh...

Don't be ridiculous. Without Avatar's re-release, Avatar would be toast weeks ago. No one is forcing people to watch Avengers: Endgame. There is an obvious demand for it, even more so with Spider-Man: Far From Home being as incredibly amazing and heavily connected to the film plus most of the June films flopping, making room for an expansion / re-release. It is a perfect storm.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

Don't be ridiculous. Without Avatar's re-release, Avatar would be toast weeks ago. No one is forcing people to watch Avengers: Endgame. There is an obvious demand for it, even more so with Spider-Man: Far From Home being as incredibly amazing and heavily connected to the film plus most of the June films flopping, making room for an expansion / re-release. It is a perfect storm.

i love how people didnt complain when disney and other studios pushed their movies to milestones like 1 bill or a dom milestone, but complaing now bc they push for the milestone of THE HIGHEST GROSSING MOVIE OF ALL TIME lol

Edited by john2000
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

The real perfect storm was the Chinese holiday + an increase in 55 0000 screens from the paltry 5000 Avatar had to play with in 2009. That's the whole story right there.

For the record I love the MCU since the first Iron Man trailer dropped, and I'll be happy for the Russos RDJ and the rest of the gang, but man some of the fanbase is acting like the MCU is the greatest achievement in the history of mankind. If they do get it, I'll have to leave the internet for the next 2 years

Nah just kidding, it ain't that serious, good luck with the rest of the run

Edited by Alexdube
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1

I didn't much care for Avatar when I watched it and I love both Endgame and the MCU in general so obviously I very much want to see Endgame on top. That's not to say I don't recognize Cameron's achievement though. I don't consider success at the box office random or undeserved. Any movie that manages to draw in big crowds to the theaters is worthy of respect and that fact alone means that these movies did something right that the audience liked. So if Avatar does lose its crown to Endgame it will still be worthy of a lot of respect and admiration.

Endgame though... I won't lie, there is an emotional element to my desire to see it prevail. Not that much for the movie itself or the MCU, they're both so wildly successful that a few more millions make very little difference in the grand scheme of things. But for me and I imagine for every person out there that grew up reading comics as a kid, it really feels special to see the characters and stories we grew up with becoming part of the cultural mainstream and embraced by people all over the world. It's really rather awesome.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alexandros said:

I didn't much care for Avatar when I watched it and I love both Endgame and the MCU in general so obviously I very much want to see Endgame on top. That's not to say I don't recognize Cameron's achievement though. I don't consider success at the box office random or undeserved. Any movie that manages to draw in big crowds to the theaters is worthy of respect and that fact alone means that these movies did something right that the audience liked. So if Avatar does lose its crown to Endgame it will still be worthy of a lot of respect and admiration.

Endgame though... I won't lie, there is an emotional element to my desire to see it prevail. Not that much for the movie itself or the MCU, they're both so wildly successful that a few more millions make very little difference in the grand scheme of things. But for me and I imagine for every person out there that grew up reading comics as a kid, it really feels special to see the characters and stories we grew up with becoming part of the cultural mainstream and embraced by people all over the world. It's really rather awesome.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, PKMLover said:

So, we have 2764.8 ( WW Last week) + 0.87 (mon) + 0.58 (tue) + 0.625 (wed) + 0.789 (thu) + 1.05 (fri) + 1.3 (sat: assume) + 1 (sun: assume) =2771

and now, have to wait for the number from the OS this whole week to come. The OS number is tricky tho as we dont have general idea how it is working out there in different countries at this time.

Overseas made 6.8m last week. Previous week was 4m.