kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

2.84 was a typo of 2.784. First run+special edition before the additional 4-5M trickled in after.

2 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

I believe 2.84 is typo from 2.784 which Avatar had in 2013 I guess

Oh yeah that makes more sense. I was wondering where the extra 50m would have come from and why it wouldnt have been added if that 2.84b number was true. Even then that user was wrong in saying that the original run ended at 2.783-2.784 which it did not. 

Gotta love this thread.  No other place on the internet has had me so enthralled with the numbers 2.49, 2.54, 2.55, 2.8, 2.78, 2.74, 2.78, 2.8, 2.88 and now 2.84.  At least the number 3 was eliminated fairly early on.  Hate that number.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Wait guys. We are all expecting EG to drop significantly next weekend compare to this week. However, after doing some calculations, i can't really see a particular point of dropping off. 

Monday drop will be around 50% since we're in July now (based on Infinity War), better than this weekend. We'll also see a Tuesday bump (instead of dropping like this weekend). Then a normal drop on Wednesday, and staying almost flat on Thursday as there are no big releases. As for the weekend, we'll see a normal big Friday bump, and a significant Saturday jump (unlike this weekend), then a normal Sun.

I mean, if it is meant to drop, when is it?

thread villain here

It'll be gradual. Endgame isn't performing like a regular movie anymore, it received a jolt from the not so great re-release but how will that make the movie leg out is still up in the air. It had one of the weakest bumps this Friday compared to other movies. If it keeps having not so great drops/bumps and tends to re-normalize with the movie before the re-release, it can change pretty fast.

Will that be enough not to pass Avatar? Hopefully 😉 

now waiting on some international numbers to get a better picture

Edited by Alexdube
  • Disbelief 2

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

No. Original run was 2.749 beaten by EGs original run.

Yeah I know. Was just poking fun at him for saying it ended it’s original run at 2.783-2.84B, higher than what it have now after a re release.

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

how is re-release not-so-great? it's killing it dom and OS is re-releasing gradually. 

That was a comment purely on the content of the re-release. The general consensus from fans seems to be that new content just isn't worth it. But I think there are other factors keeping it afloat, such as being tied to Far From Home and fans (and some of the movie stars including RDJ) goading each other to beat a record.

This stuff is kind of unprecedented, hard of predict.

12 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

That was a comment purely on the content of the re-release. The general consensus from fans seems to be that new content just isn't worth it. But I think there are other factors keeping it afloat, such as being tied to Far From Home and fans (and some of the movie stars including RDJ) goading each other to beat a record.

This stuff is kind of unprecedented, hard of predict.

Don't try this hard. It's simple if fans really disliked it they would never watch it. Just look at Dark Phoenix that movie flopped when last X Men movie was hit. The fans you mention that dislike it are very few rest really like it. Also about the RDJ thing, there are many movies where actors tell audience or fans to watch their movies when in actually there movies are flopping hard. So in reality it is the audience or dans who decide if they like the re release or not and the result it's showing tells the whole story

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It's over jimbo. 

1 hour ago, Alexdube said:

thread villain here

It'll be gradual. Endgame isn't performing like a regular movie anymore, it received a jolt from the not so great re-release but how will that make the movie leg out is still up in the air. It had one of the weakest bumps this Friday compared to other movies. If it keeps having not so great drops/bumps and tends to re-normalize with the movie before the re-release, it can change pretty fast.

Will that be enough not to pass Avatar? Hopefully 😉 

now waiting on some international numbers to get a better picture

Charlie said it’s over and I trust him.

31 minutes ago, Nero said:

Don't try this hard.

Back at you.

Not sure why you're comparing a re-release with Dark Phoenix, it's a completely different situation. People may not care for the content of the re-release but they may still go for other reasons. And it's not like the re-release is a huge success anyway, it only seems that way because the gap between Avatar and Endgame is so small and that's the goal to pass it. But the vast majority of fans just aren't interested by the new "content".

I'm done, you can have the last word

I see mentions of OS final grosses on movies eventually turning out to be higher than initially thought (when the results are simply being reported week-to-week during release). If this is a genuine effect, would it be possible with some special effort from Disney's accountants to get a true up-to-date WW total that adds some of those missing millions in a more timely manner?

I ask because two weeks from now the Avengers cast reassemble with Feige for a Marvel panel at SDCC and it would a hell of a time to make a surprise announcement that the WW gross had hit $2788M.

Remotely possible, or not really feasible? 

24 minutes ago, Clouseau said:

I see mentions of OS final grosses on movies eventually turning out to be higher than initially thought (when the results are simply being reported week-to-week during release). If this is a genuine effect, would it be possible with some special effort from Disney's accountants to get a true up-to-date WW total that adds some of those missing millions in a more timely manner?

I ask because two weeks from now the Avengers cast reassemble with Feige for a Marvel panel at SDCC and it would a hell of a time to make a surprise announcement that the WW gross had hit $2788M.

Remotely possible, or not really feasible? 

It wouldn't be a good look from either Disney or Marvel to do a literal public announcement/celebration. I would think Feige is above that kind of pettiness.

4 minutes ago, GOATPeterJackson said:

It wouldn't be a good look from either Disney or Marvel to do a literal public announcement/celebration. I would think Feige is above that kind of pettiness.

Yeah, if it hits it by then I can see him thanking the fans for getting it to that status, but no way they will announce it or make a huge deal about it.

3 minutes ago, GOATPeterJackson said:

He'd let Downey make the actual announcement. He would revel in it. 😉

With the digital release a week later, it would be a great time to get the huge publicity of becoming the #1 movie. Although the DVD release is a couple of weeks or so beyond that too, so really anytime in the next five weeks is a good time to take the title. (And no, there isn't a bad time, but before the home media release would be especially useful!)