kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

11 minutes ago, john2000 said:

LOL so it made 1,6 million and from that the 1,3 million are from the weekend, so basically it made 300k in 5 days ? lol

Wait for the magic with actuals =))))

I'm actually thinking Disney lowballed it in order to fudge the numbers more easily with actuals.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282

Last week, the OS actual was $3M higher than the estimate but was it really only for the weekend. Could part of that $3M be for the weekdays too? 

I mean according to Disney's estimate for this week, the OS weekdays from mon to thu is only $300k....

Edited by PKMLover

21 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

“So, no, barring a miracle or another reissue of some kind, Avengers: Endgame won't top Avatar at the global box office. But it will end its run above $850 million domestic and (probably) over $2.78 billion worldwide.”

frustrated ryan gosling GIF

Edited by Hemo memo
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

He usually uses it when he wants to downplay the run of a movie he's not fond of.   Same way he overemphasizes drops and underestimates projections and visa versa.  His SM:HC articles were the worst especially coming right after WW where each day justified a celebratory article.  His SM:HC might make $30m in China and therefore not pass WW worldwide was the nadir.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I’m glad that I’m not seeing any overreactions with the weekend estimates, but I’ll requote myself just in case:

On 6/30/2019 at 3:14 PM, ZattMurdock said:

People keep freaking out once the estimate numbers get here on Sundays only to get confident again once the actuals come. I’m used to this at this point. People need to understand that it’s going to be so incredibly close that truly all what Avengers: Endgame needed was this push.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

This guy is fucking stupid, like for God sake at least wait for actuals before making the same clickbait article about how EG won't pass Avatar.

now watch him do another one named "this is why EG will pass Avatar" next week

Problem is that other sites take his articles as source just because he is a "contributor" for Forbes.

Glad to see no freak outs. Even this number gets it to Avatar, though surely it will be higher. Watch actuals increase by like $5 million lol. That sounds like a joke and kind of is, but with how the actuals increase keeps going up every weekend, it would not be the most shocking thing ever. Though still pretty crazy.

Edited by Doctor Stark
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

7 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

He usually uses it when he wants to downplay the run of a movie he's not fond of.   Same way he overemphasizes drops and underestimates projections and visa versa.  His SM:HC articles were the worst especially coming right after WW where each day justified a celebratory article.  His SM:HC might make $30m in China and therefore not pass WW worldwide was the nadir.

He dislikes most of the CBMs, also big budgets, prefers DC over Marvel (is a DC fan acc various comments he wrote over the years), dislikes Disney and especially the merger too....

Likes to find wordings that downplay movie's results he dislikes or worse (some of his wordings are strongly worded)

He is also bad in general with OS details even for the movies he stans for.

Also uses too often average calculation models even if its already clear something is not average, he seems not to bother to look actually certain details up before posting.

He can provide interesting details for movies he stans for, this or that titbit also for movies he dislikes, also sometimes some rough numbers can get calculated out of articles before the first tweets with estimates/actuals for dom get released by the usual outlets = those are the main reason I still have him on my 'following...'-list.

I feel like his articles some years back where better researched and less obvious biased in the most cases. BO typos he made then too, usually corrected within minutes / less than an hour.

I think its funny how affronted he reacts when audience does not watch what he thinks they should watch.

Including during this week/weekend

For him speaks:

he wants e.g. inclusion since years.

But sometimes misses why audience rejects certain titles.

Example female leads:

when then people didn't watch the new Tomb Raider film its the fault of the audience.

That the new Tomb Raider has an immature behaving brat as Lara, who is nothing like the character is based on... nope, bad audience.

He speaks a lot about female characters with reasonings I, as a woman, do not agree to.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Okay, I just found this comment on Twitter and I think it makes sense. 

Last weekend was $2.6m, estimate was $2.3m. The rest of the week's figures took OS to $6.8m. The $1.3m in the tweet does not include this. Same as last week. Still those figures to come.

So, last weekend, Disney reported an estimate of $2.3M for the weekend then the actual up $3M. But it seemed that the actual for the weekend up $0.3M (to be come $2.6M). The rest part of that $3M ($2.7M) belonged to the weekdays actual update. So it meant Disney didn't have the actual for the weekdays when it already finished the weekend. 

So, maybe this week it wil be the same case as last week. That $1.3M estimate for the weekend and $1.6M estimate for the whole week didn't have the actual for both weekend and weekday yet.

Edited by danhtruong5
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1