kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

6 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

. Is fudging that stigmatized?

I am not sure if you really read my post.

I wrote explicit I think its overused, answering to it you seem to try to get me into a discussion about something I am clearly disgusted about.

Maybe this makes it clearer:

The term gets used here at BOT too freely for very different situations.

Fudging in my POV is solely working the numbers like adding Puerto Rico twice

= the BO never was as high as declared, never an income added per the cinemas, only created on paper.

If a distributor buys tickets for lets say under $100k for reaching a milestone, its still money the cinemas did get their share. That is not fudging.

Btw, also happening very very seldom, way less than ppl here seem to think.

dom $100m was a reason, not sure if its still.

Had then to do with TV-rights earnings and such, to buy a few tickets actually made sense if you'll get more later back per a certain surcharge for a $100m making movie.

What I count as fudging was done maybe a handful of times, I have less time the last few years to follow BO so I might have missed a title or so, but as far as I am aware it did not happen at all in recent times.

Some here use it e.g. if a distributor let a movie run longer than average in the cinemas to reach a certain milestone, that too is not fudging.

All other cases (without sitting down to think, trying to remember as the theme annoys me to the gills already) it gets used:

its simply a misuse seemingly based on overreactions, assuming things for not wanting to accept something and desperately trying to find something to further a success or dismiss it and so on. Plus wrong basic assumptions per reading too often posts claiming fudge and believing into it based on those

Again: its overused.

In my POV the term should get banned here, maybe then the threads here (generally speaking, its not only a problem in the MCU, Star Wars,... all that gets near to whatever milestone threads) get a chance to come back to drama free reality

6 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

I think it depends on how long Disney wants Endgame to keep the WW #1 record.

In my POV that's a wrong start to develop any theory / prognosis.

For the reasons of the actual advertising, and whatever, it would be enough if AEG (assuming it does manages to get it) holds the record for e.g. a week, so they can use it, if they want to use it for whatever reason. In theory a minute is enough, but its always strange if something gets used that's not actual anymore.

(still not sure if the re-release is for helping SM:FFH or for reaching #1, I think to help SM:FFH getting a considerable higher BO than part 1 can be an important/deciding point for future cooperation negotiations, especially with §$%$& Rothman now working for Sony, and as such far more important than AEG reaching ww #1. Means to me e.g. ww over $1b would be good, as Sony only has one movie with $1b or more = Skyfall. Even 'only' to manage to still exclude Rothman from every MCU set, but way more important: to be able to use Tom Holland's SM also in the future for e.g. crossovers)

Disney has no interest into how long AEG holds it as a deciding factor for Avatar 1 screenings, it will be about the best possible marketing for Avatar 2, no matter what other movies did earlier.

When its time in their POV.

For that the movie has to be actually being finished / be believable ready at a certain date, then they'll do their campaigns they deem the best.

If that includes screenings for Avatar 1, they'll do it. If that includes a marketing like: here comes part 2 to Avatar 1, the ww #1, they'll re-release it beforehand to add that possibility to the marketing in a true spoken way.

No matter if its a car company or a movie company, advertising strategies are not fuelled by fan wishes / ideas, they are fuelled by what the advertising pros think after they have done their analyse at the correct time and think then what is the best way (not saying its always done the best way in the results).

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

This tweet by ERC is from yesterday and based on weekend estimates, but they do seem to know what is up:

I didn’t see it posted anywhere hence why I’m bringing it up.

Well, i don't think we'll be getting any updates in maybe another 6 hours.