kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Just now, PKMLover said:

From Mon to Thu, it gained $160k in Mexico alone (info in the Mexico thread) . How could the weekdays be $300k???

One possibility is that the weekend portion was actually lower than estimates, so even if the weekdays were more than 300k, the total sum ends up the same.

26 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

To be fair, last weekend was weird. I think the same as @Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said, maybe some accounting work was done last week. 

Next weekend see re-release in 9 countries or so, so i expect the number to rise significantly. 

852M DOM and 1928M OS for 2.780B by next Sunday.

Can you list the 9 countries?

3 hours ago, Moses said:

EG added 340k dollars this weekend in Italy only

No way the os weekend is 1.3 millions

5 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

From Mon to Thu, it gained $160k in Mexico alone (info in the Mexico thread) . How could the weekdays be $300k???

Curious and curiouser...

5 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

3 minutes ago, AndyChrono said:

One possibility is that the weekend portion was actually lower than estimates, so even if the weekdays were more than 300k, the total sum ends up the same.

Nah Chrono, they are backlogging OS numbers just like they have done in the past. Why? The domestic numbers are already impressive on its own, and the Mexico weekday numbers alone are the smoking gun. The box office improved numbers in the domestic market will eventually dwindle, so what is going to happen is that we will likely see more impressive numbers overseas in the upcoming weekends.

10 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

This kinda confirm that there were some accounting adjustment took place last week.

Last week's 3m up from actual from estimate was totally make no sense. Even a new openers can't get that amount of adjustment in the actual figure.   

Ok, in this case, i can see the OS maximum now is only 1930. The DOM hopefully can get close to 855. The end is about 2782-2785. 

Edited by PKMLover

Just now, Valonqar said:

So with 2.780B by next Sunday it should pass Avatar in a week or little more than a week after Sunday? 

We need to see the actuals from the domestic market yet, but I still think it’s possible for Endgame to take over the record this month, not sure any longer if by July 21.

2 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I think Disney is saving those for one final blow maybe. They will not squeak by, but hop over the mark.

I still do not think they do it all for the milestone chance, so I am not sure if they'd do something like that.

As always interesting to learn about the different POVs here 😉

7 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

In this case, I only see the maximum of the OS is 1930. Can not exceed that. 

You know what i'm saying right? Disney is deliberately lowering the OS gross this weekend in order to add it up later in the process. In other words, we have no idea how it's gonna perform in the upcoming weeks.

The only thing i know for sure is that this will never end within 10M away from the record.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

Ok, in this case, i can see the OS maximum now is only 1930. The DOM hopefully can get close to 855. The end is about 2782-2785. 

Whatever the projection, the end figure will sure be above 2788.1m 

The intention of Disney to make this over Avatar is very clear now, especially considering they even let the unfinished CGI work to be on big screen! With now the whole world know that EG re-release a new footage to surpass AVatar, and robert DJ officially "confirm" it, there is no way they let this stop at 2782-2785.   

• Like 4

Well, it's a weird number alright, but not any stranger than last weeks. There's no way it actually made as much as they reported last week, so maybe it just evens out. It's going to get past Avatar in the end anyways, simply because they want it to.

• Like 1

It actually does make sense that they would put aside some money for next weekend, their big re-release weekend with countries like Brazil. It would make getting huge number more realistic and not reek of fudging. Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but what if they are saving a lot of money this week, it gets a lot of money next week from all of the new countries, and that is when it passes Avatar? One big surge next weekend that gets it over the mark.

Edited by Doctor Stark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

How many countries will have "rereleaae" in this week?

-Brazil

-Argentina

-Poturgal

-Philippin

-Indonesia

- what else?

There are more I think, but I can’t remember anywhere else. Isn’t India confirmed for this last weekend or something?